• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
He's obviously trying to have sex with himself guys. :awesome:

Okay relevant to thread question: I need some help with GaW matchup. Other than Jab, what works well against GaW in close quarters? It seems all I can do safely is camp and jab lol

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
He's obviously trying to have sex with himself guys. :awesome:

Okay relevant to thread question: I need some help with GaW matchup. Other than Jab, what works well against GaW in close quarters? It seems all I can do safely is camp and jab lol
Wait just outside of his attacks, and when he whiffs an attack, dash attack or ftilt him for it or DACUS when you need to kill him.
A lot of his moves are pretty laggy.

ZTD | TECHnology

SK92 from that thread said:
to cancel everytime............

you must press B at a steady pace 3 times in a row, with the third one hitting the timing of the extension

You know I just toyed around with this and he's completely right. I was already consistent with short cancels but after reading that again I'm even better at it lol.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I am interested to know what in the world sparked that particular question is all. It's so... random lol
It was a discussion in the car with some friends, and I want it answered already.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
K question...does our down-b go through tornado? if so if with good spacing could u use this to hit tornado and not be punished bad?

also is there a list of kill % for each move that we can kill mk at fresh? if not could i get one?

ZTD | TECHnology

The closest thing we have to that thread is this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4237440#post4237440

And while Reflector does beat Nado, its active hitbox is only out for a few frames and MK could easily just stop the Nado and Dash Grab you in your ending lag (and it has a lot of it). It can work but it shouldn't be relied upon since MK's usually don't just outright approach you dead on with a Nado. Usually really punishable.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The closest thing we have to that thread is this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4237440#post4237440

And while Reflector does beat Nado, its active hitbox is only out for a few frames and MK could easily just stop the Nado and Dash Grab you in your ending lag (and it has a lot of it). It can work but it shouldn't be relied upon since MK's usually don't just outright approach you dead on with a Nado. Usually really punishable.
yup i know but i just wanted to know if they did mess up if its safe. shl is prolly the better option anyways.

ZTD | TECHnology

:marth:

- Kills early

- Outranges Falco which means Falco has to be a little risky to get the kill.

- Gets around Lasers without too much trouble.

- You can't really CG him. You can get 2 or 3 grabs off but after that your prone to get your face Dolphin Slashed off. And when you grab they have to Boost Grabs I believe.

Its like 55-45 for Marth though. Not bad at all for Falco. The other MUs are pretty much even. Some debate Falco beats Oli also.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey how is falco wario when your fighting very air campy warios? i feel he could move in and out of lasers pretty easily.curious cuz i usually fight more gluto style.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i feel like you want to be agressive with falco vs wario since i believe falcos nair and bair beat most of what wario has in the air. you cant shoot too many lasers since he'll just get around them and punish you for it. and dont get grabbed when youre in CG range.

Anyone feel like wario is not much of a threat while in the air? I mean when I think about wario on FD, all Falco has to do is roll away or phantasm away before wario gets close to landing. After that, he is too far from falco again to do much of anything. If he goes in the air again, he cannot punish your phantasms and rolls if you do them in advance. So, if someone is being all air campy, you can be all ground campy. I suppose it's that old thing of whoever has more patience or as stock/percent lead.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Anyone feel like wario is not much of a threat while in the air? I mean when I think about wario on FD, all Falco has to do is roll away or phantasm away before wario gets close to landing. After that, he is too far from falco again to do much of anything. If he goes in the air again, he cannot punish your phantasms and rolls if you do them in advance. So, if someone is being all air campy, you can be all ground campy. I suppose it's that old thing of whoever has more patience or as stock/percent lead.
If Wario doesn't feel threatening, then he's not doing something right.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I was kinda hopin for an answer from som1 who has fought a campy wario o3o im just curious. Cuz i seem to do real well in wario vs falco but i wanna know about the other style.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I was kinda hopin for an answer from som1 who has fought a campy wario o3o im just curious. Cuz i seem to do real well in wario vs falco but i wanna know about the other style.
here is a vid of me playing a top FL player Co18's wario.

*solo got 2 very good reads on me in our crew battle i did not let that happen in this match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UibZZYpfNzQ

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Does Falco have any good grab release follow ups? I've heard of the DACUS follow up, but does that have to be buffered? I don't even think you can buffer things out of grab release, but I really don't know.

Top Bottom