• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I thought I'd share with you guys something that I have found out recently. Maybe you guys know, maybe you don't. This is kind of different on how the Q&A works, but anyway.

Q: Does Falco's Reflector have a blind spot?

A: It would seem so. Recently I was playing against a Falco who used his Reflector multiple times. Several times as I fired Super Missiles, he would use his Reflector. However, instead of coming in contact with the Reflector, the Super Missiles hit Falco's legs. This, of course, is only possible if Falco is in the air.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
How important is the ability to adapt to the opponent's playstyle as Falco. Obviously, it's important for every character, but is it especially important with Falco? Or is it negligible compared to other things that are more crucial to his metagame.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
It's very important, Falco's game vary from character to character, especially based on how well that character can deal with spacing. If a character is good at spacing Falco's jab, our play style changes. If he can deal with lasers, play style changes. If platforms aren't working, play style changes. I'd say learning how to adapt to other characters is amazingly important.

hey im maining falco the second half of my main secondary game. if i used to use falco so know the basics but wanna make sure im not missing some AT somewhere between SHDL and bdacus which thread should i go to first?
There are some other things that are useful to know as well. Apart from SHDL, learn to consistantly Short Hop Laser. This is invaluable in a number of match-ups or playstyles in general where people try to abuse our vulnerability when doing a short hop. SHL gives you more time to figure out if it would be wise to laser, or do something else like airdodge/reflect/aerial.

The other thing would be jab cancels. Jab into 2nd jab is great for falco. I could go into long post on why this is a good thing, but it would take too long. Also, gatling combo (dash attack -> usmash) is good to know as well.
the cg.[/QUOTE]
I thought I'd share with you guys something that I have found out recently. Maybe you guys know, maybe you don't. This is kind of different on how the Q&A works, but anyway.

Q: Does Falco's Reflector have a blind spot?

A: It would seem so. Recently I was playing against a Falco who used his Reflector multiple times. Several times as I fired Super Missiles, he would use his Reflector. However, instead of coming in contact with the Reflector, the Super Missiles hit Falco's legs. This, of course, is only possible if Falco is in the air.
This just comes form the fact that Falco's shine fails to cover his body from above, behind or below him. Pit can fire arrows over falco to hit him. A few other characters can do this as well.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This just comes form the fact that Falco's shine fails to cover his body from above, behind or below him. Pit can fire arrows over falco to hit him. A few other characters can do this as well.
When Danny (C. Doc) use to play (Pit) he would fire arrows with both of us standing and angle the arrows around the reflector and still hit me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
When Danny (C. Doc) use to play (Pit) he would fire arrows with both of us standing and angle the arrows around the reflector and still hit me.
I'm not sure if you mean what I think you mean. When I played as Pit against some Falco players about a year ago, I'd fire my arrows and angle in diagonally downward. This was for two reasons, of course. The first reason was that if it was reflected, it wouldn't return in my direction. The second reason was because it seemed Falco's head was vulnerable, even when he used his Reflector.

Xeylode, I know you can hit Falco from behind, but Pit is the only character I know who is capable of hitting from behind. I just thought I'd throw that out because it was something I had never had witnessed before. Then again, you guys main Falco, so it may not be any surprise. :c

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if you mean what I think you mean. When I played as Pit against some Falco players about a year ago, I'd fire my arrows and angle in diagonally downward. This was for two reasons, of course. The first reason was that if it was reflected, it wouldn't return in my direction. The second reason was because it seemed Falco's head was vulnerable, even when he used his Reflector.

Xeylode, I know you can hit Falco from behind, but Pit is the only character I know who is capable of hitting from behind. I just thought I'd throw that out because it was something I had never had witnessed before. Then again, you guys main Falco, so it may not be any surprise. :c
No we were both standing, he shoots and arrow and I reflector. No jumps are involved.
[collapse=Arrow Path stretches the page]

[/collapse]

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I suppose this is more reason to realize you cant stop Pits arrows >.<
Is the mk mu with falco a steep learning curve or if you jus play it right pretty straightforward? And would uair and OoS usmash be the logical kills besides getting a fsmash off a read?And would it be wise to use bair for dmg or keep it fresh for a surprise kill? And im assuming each laser counts towards refreshing our moveset right?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Kuro falco has trouble with mk like all other chars do. I would say that the learning curve is high. But if you are looking for the easy way out in beating mk you are not going to find it in falco. its a frustrating mu. My advice is a. use your bread and butter in the mk mu the char you know best. b. learn the most important mu in the game mk v mk. pick up mk to fight mk then he will eventually consume you and you will win more.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kuro falco has trouble with mk like all other chars do. I would say that the learning curve is high. But if you are looking for the easy way out in beating mk you are not going to find it in falco. its a frustrating mu. My advice is a. use your bread and butter in the mk mu the char you know best. b. learn the most important mu in the game mk v mk. pick up mk to fight mk then he will eventually consume you and you will win more.
1) i never look for the ez way out
2)i use to main falco and just recently wanted to pick him up as a very strong secondary

my above question on kills and refreshing still stand as well.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I main Snake and I personally feel like the MU is easier as Falco. However knowing the Snake MU is pretty much an essential for MKs.

The MK matchup is difficult no matter who you play as to be honest. It's Metaknight. On the stage is fairly straightforward and if you can keep your patience you can win the day. The problem is when you get hit off stage. This is true for pretty much everyone who has at 40-60 or 45-55 MU with MK.

tl;dr: There is no easy MK counter in this game. Just pick your character based off how you would feel more comfortable playing the MU if you have two more characters that you are debating using for MK.

It does help to toy around with Mk though to see what he can do and where his spacing and stuff is.

As far as kills Up Smash used correctly is solid. Bair will probably be stale unless you're camping hard core. And if you are camping hardcore then OOS Up-Tilt will eventually be a good option. Never rely on F-Smash or Up-Air for the kill either.

I say use whatever works at the time.

If Bair will get you damage, I say use it. Usmash is probably the only move you ever want to save until you know it will kill because it is risky to use otherwise. If you realize the move is not fresh, then take a few game altering strategies such as trying to phantasm a bit more, using more lasers, jabs more, pummels exclusively when you get a grab. Those sort of things that make it easy to rack up damage.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Uthrow/Dthrow/Bthrow count as multiple hits towards refreshing your moveset because of the lasers?

ZTD | TECHnology

No, they count as just one move on the refreshing queue.

And my kill moves are always fresh lol I use so much laser and phantasm that everything is usually at max power lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
No, multiple hit moves don't take multiple slots in the SML unless they need multiple inputs.

Edit : goddamn ninjas >:I

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Real ninjas don't admit to be ninjas. They don't even hint at it. Therefore, I may or may not be ninja <_< >_>

Sorry for off topicness, but I am VERY passionate about ninjas.

PropaGanda

Smash Rookie
I have a very straight forward question.
Which should i use as my second?
Snake- I know some stuff. Can Do is DACUS pretty easily
Toon Link- Started off with him
Marth- played him for like 4 months some what competitively

Also the Pikachu MU is not a concern. I use marth to counter it already :D

Reason i ask this is because is habitually change my mains and seconds, and wish to find one to stick too.

ZTD | TECHnology

Real ninjas don't admit to be ninjas. They don't even hint at it. Therefore, I may or may not be ninja <_< >_>

Sorry for off topicness, but I am VERY passionate about ninjas.
lol

@Propa: My opinion: You should use Marth. He counters Pika and you already know how to play him to extent. He also gives ICs a hard time. Granted you'll have to put a lot of time into him but his only bad MU is pretty much this ******* :metaknight: and Falco doesn't too bad against him.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
lol

@Propa: My opinion: You should use Marth. He counters Pika and you already know how to play him to extent. He also gives ICs a hard time. Granted you'll have to put a lot of time into him but his only bad MU is pretty much this ******* :metaknight: and Falco doesn't too bad against him.

marth's also just as bad against d3 as he is against MK, however falco is good against the fatass so that covers both of marth's bad MU's

I remember this from long ago. Marth/Falco is probably one of the best non-MK main-secondary pair. They can argueably counter ever character in the game besides MK (some MUs are debateble). The thing is that I have no idea how the heck one is suppose to play as Marth. Falco is great at being disruptive. But marth is very difficult to play well because if you do you space it right, it seems you get shieldgrabbed, or his attacks whiff at a dodge and someone gets through.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
So I havent been on the boards in awhile; however I did see that D3 has a buffered pivot grab infinite on some character which is pretty insane/ However as someone who loves a little bread and not much else, the coolest thing about that tutorial vid the japanese made was the fact that u can buffer backward inputs. That leads me to my question: someone said it was possible before but now it is seemingly so; is bthrow>Bdacus a true combo now that can be utilized?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya so im havin trouble gettin the jab off after a dthrow on mk once 100+ when i get the grab granted that wont make a difference its just bothering me lol.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
You can't jab mk after a down throw at 100%+. It only works at low and mid percents.

ZTD | TECHnology

If you want easier MUs then go Falco.

If you enjoy Falco more than go Falco.

If you enjoy Wolf more than go Wolf.

If you like camping people hardcore go Falco.

If you want more kill power and want to live more go Wolf.

If you like both of them you can co-main them both. vVv Choice does it somehow lol.

Top Bottom