• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i would say falco can out camp fox. if fox gets hit, he gets stunned and has to reposition himself, allowing more time to past that he is not shooting back.

Denzi

Smash Master
Fox holds down B. Falco has to approach. Seems like out-camping to me. But no, with Fox's fall speed he has a hard time getting out of the water, so I think you could take him there too, albeit to less of an effect.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
i would say falco can out camp fox. if fox gets hit, he gets stunned and has to reposition himself, allowing more time to past that he is not shooting back.
Also note that Fox has a simple reflector that can easily send Falco's stunning lasers back at him.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It is a falco meme, you are supposed to feint ignorance when someone asks this qusestion.
What are you talking about? It's spelt correctly. Question is spelt wrong.

Oh I see. My mistake.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol at the narrow mindedness

fox has reflector, falco must approach...

lawl.

not if you have the lead, which is whats going to happen if you shield foxs first approach.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Falco v Fox camp game is even, I played Zephil and Asdioh in several serious matches in the same day at Nope's and I didn't really get a camping edge on either of them nor did they get one on me

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If he makes a first approach.

nobody camps forever and fox doesnt usually camp for long at all.

depending on the player ( this is how it is for my fox) the lasers are only to lull people into thinking that im going to fall back and shoot at them, and then dash attack/dair/what have you before they react.

you shield that first attack, chain grab for 50-90 % and boom, you dont need to approach anymore.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Advice on falco dittos? Should I laser at all?
Occasionally, but not too much or they'll (obviously) just get reflected. A good time for lasers is mostly while they recover, to screw it up. It can also give you time to position yourself to punish.

Uh, in my experiences, try to avoid the grab. It will make everything a lot easier in the end. If they do get it (which is very possible), try to DI/tech it. Don't try too hard to get the grab...trust me. You may not even realize how hard you're trying to but it won't go well at all. Dair helps a lot, I found, onstage and as a spike.

Just play very carefully at early %.

The only thing I know for certain in this match-up is avoid getting grabbed, but get the grab on them.

The rest seems to be about paying attention to what the other person will do.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
There are a couple of attacks that can make you pratfall at certain percents...

F-tilt 75~ the last hit of Nair, get up attack. But Reflector is the only attack that makes you trip per say, and it has enough landing lag to make it so that you can't really capitalize on it much.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Dair sometimes trips at low percents which leads to a guaranteed follow-up.

I am pretty sure any move that does not have set knockback can lead to a trip. The percentages and chances of it happening vary is all.
Edit: lol yeah, after thinking about it from "andgravy", Ftilt on snake has set knockback and it can trip.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Not so sure on that. I believe its only some attacks/hitboxes can trip.

Does sourspot upair trip? I think I've seen it happen

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Can Falco use buffered pivot grab when Z is set to jump? If not, is there some easy control setting for SH Illusion that I can use buffered grabs with?

Denzi

Smash Master
Can Falco use buffered pivot grab when Z is set to jump? If not, is there some easy control setting for SH Illusion that I can use buffered grabs with?

I keep Z grab and set a shoulder button to Special. I don't need two shields anyway.

You can Boost Pivot Grab without Z though, yes. You don't even need a button set to grab, you can use L/R+A instead (no C-Stick involved in that method). You just have to dash a bit longer.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What moves should falco use for zoning?
Lasers?
And when the zone starts to crumble, protect yourself with jabs and tilts and try to not being predictable with sideB and then reset it again.
Coming from someone who plays against Falco a lot.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Z-jump is exactly what I do, you can buffer pivot grab if you set y or x to grab and use that. And boost pivot grab you can do c-stick down > back on control stick + shield.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
You can use L/R instead of Z.
Because the game will read the [shield] input of L/R + the [attack] input of C-stick.
You can SH illusion with standard controls by sliding your thumb from Y to B.
Also the B in BPG is for Boost, not Buffer.

The regular hit will send them up, but the pitiful hit is a dud move.
What's a dud move ?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
just remember this 2 weeks from now when another thread like this is made and this one is on like page 4 or something
Well i see your point but remember that there are surten lag or weak points in which you can use an attack.

dud
(adjective)
--means to have little or no value

A "dud move" therefore is a move that has little or no value too it. The sourspot on Uair does fixed knockback so therefore I called it a dud move. (With the intention in mind that one would try to kill with it, one could probably do some sort of combo off of this).

Top Bottom