• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
on average how often do you guys hit with dthrow bdacus? it seems nowhere near guaranteed and if the opponent knows u can do it, they will just di up or something.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's not a true combo afaik.
Mostly a frame trap when your opponent DI's downwards or airdodges too early.
Of course if they DI up you should go for the Uair.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Gasp. Yall gonna ***** this dumb move out. Shocker. :c

Screw SWF's crappy censoring.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
falco got any grab releases options on the platform of SV? kinda like marths usmash on mk, etc.
Falco probably has a lot of options(Up smash, maybe fsmash, dair, bair) but metaknight isn't guaranteed to grab release up unless he's off the edge of the platform(his feet touch the floor so if he mashes without jumping, he'll release down.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Hi
I'm gonna pick up Flaco as a 2ndary. What do I learn
Falco is a simple character, if you think about it.

You're gonna have to learn to creatively camp, recover, and kill. Don't force grabs or spam smashes. Be patient. Space well. Be quick. Stay on the stage.

Good luck.

Choice

Smash Champion
if people space turtle incorrectly you can usmash or grab oos or if you get hit by turtle you can sdi up and nair or somethin.

i dunno, just jab gnw.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You don't punish turtle.

Falco doesn't air release characters automatically so SV platform is kinda useless except if you grab on the side you probably get a spike on some chars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAu4Vwq2WeI check description for a list of chars who can nana lock.
Purposely get hit by turtle, DI through it, and Dair GaW for more damage than you take into a possible tech chase.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That's only if you predict his bair, he spaces the first few hits to hit you (why would he do that) or anything.

A GaW used to fighting Marth knows how to space bairs so that they can't be purposely DI'd (or upb'd oos, in marths case)

Choice

Smash Champion
i dunno, its gnw he doesnt have several viable options. i think same strat still holds.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Should I practice fast falling everything until its second nature? I've been thinking about fast falling pretty much any aerial or jump just because I like a faster paced fight, but are there times when fast falling is a bad idea?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yo how do you get kills with falco lol. Maybe it's cause i play diddy, and he has great setups for kill moves.... but like what is there any set ups falco can do to get kills? besides bdacus.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
side b to back air

dair to up air/bair if they airdodge.

dair offstage.

staled dair, to punish airdodge with charged f smash

nair to up tilt/up smash

up smash oos

the setups are very ambiguous but they exist.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I'll add Bair OOS, sour Uair to sweet Uair, Uthrow to Uair chase and Sour SH Dair to Fsmash.
Landing Nair can also lead to Dsmash (shieldstab++)

But Falco has nothing as consistent as banana toss to Dsmash, I'm afraid.

Do you even really need to ever kill as falco? I sort of fall into the routine to keep trying to rack on as much damage as I can, then trying not to get hit. Eventually they end up dying to some bair kill. Which is actually how most kills end I swear. It's weird how well not caring about getting a kill with someone like falco ends up working.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Do you even really need to ever kill as falco? I sort of fall into the routine to keep trying to rack on as much damage as I can, then trying not to get hit. Eventually they end up dying to some bair kill. Which is actually how most kills end I swear. It's weird how well not caring about getting a kill with someone like falco ends up working.
It's hard so you can't really guarentee much.

Also this post is <3

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I usually do that with all my characters. Then I get mad when I finally kill someone at like 160% andthey turn around and kill me at 100%

Qusestion: From a stand still perspective, how much of the distance covered by BPG actually has a grab box? Anyone know how many frames the grab is out?

Denzi

Smash Master
What makes Japes such a good CP for Falco?

Phantasm trixies under/around the two outer platforms and basically all over the stage, as well as the fact that CG spike into the water on the left side of the stage is basically instant death vs anyone who would normally survive it.

The one thing I have never seen anyone do is phantasm cancels on this stage. Do you think it would even be worth trying to do?

You merely have to get more damage then. Falco is great at damage racking. And JJ will allow you to avoid damage much more easily.

Top Bottom