• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
He says a lot of stuff, nothing bad xD

"Everyone look at me!"

"This time its my victory isnt it?"

Stuff like this.

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
he says, "i fight for my friends"

XD funny stuff that would be

and what do you marth players have to tell me cause i have a question:
how would marth fight against capt falcon and meta knight if they are both fighting on the same team against marth

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
HELP!!!

what do you marth players have to tell me cause i have a question:
how would marth fight against capt falcon and meta knight if they are both fighting on the same team against marth

Well iv'e been asking and no one helps!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Actually go after the falcon dont go into the air match dont use your second jump make the MK hit the falcon dont let yourself be gimped at all try and stay in the middle of the stage

DB is bad unless you catch them both in it ..... so DB less throw some Dsmashs only if you know that they will hit but dont leave yourself open EVER

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
HELP!!!

Just make marth lift his tiara a little.

Be careful though, don't overdo it or it'll break the game.

lol okay seriously,
If friendly damage is on, usually you won't have 2 people crowding you because they might accidentally hit each other. I'd say, try to keep them both on one side of you. That would make them simpler to deal with. If friendly damage is on, they should be easier to deal with this way. Also, be careful with grabs. I always screw myself over in group brawls when I stupidly grab someone in the middle of a crowd.

Oh and... is this 2v1?

Tennet

Smash Champion
HELP!!!

You waited...15 minutes...

Just post and wait it'll be answered eventually...

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Space acordingly for CF and try to catch the MK off guard and force him off teh stage and go after the CF, i would stall the MK as long as possible and take out the Captain Falcon, his side b will be a pain fi ur distracted by MK

Nike.

Smash Hero
Mkay, heres a situation:

Im marth up throwing snake at medium percent

I SHFF uair and snake air dodges

I grab again to reset situation, and Snake ground dodges. Im guessing its cuz im too late on the grab.

So heres the question: How many frames are there between air dodge->ground dodge that I can grab Snake on?

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
its 2v1 no friend damage and i'm alone

no items at all.

and yeah thats just about it and the falcon player always launches me into the air for meta knight

and yeah 2v1 im alone(blue) enemies(red)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
K, we don't need 5 posts in a row questioning why he's doing 2v1s.

Mkay, heres a situation:

Im marth up throwing snake at medium percent

I SHFF uair and snake air dodges

I grab again to reset situation, and Snake ground dodges. Im guessing its cuz im too late on the grab.

So heres the question: How many frames are there between air dodge->ground dodge that I can grab Snake on?
Very few, but if you know he's going to spot dodge then you can either dancing blade, pivot grab, or just wait for the spot dodge and then grab/punish accordingly.

Villi

Smash Lord
He has 5 frames of hard landing, I assume? Then he'd have 2 more frames before his spot dodge. There also might be a few frames he's not invincible after his air dodge you could watch out for if you're touching the ground before he is.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Does Marth need a secondary for some of his bad match ups Snake D3 and MK and if so who would be the best option?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
This is sort of an off the wall question, but is giving advice to players during a match allowed? I ask this because this happened during 2 of my matches at a tournament I attended on Saturday. I had a set vs. some 12 year old kid (his tag said "im 12") and in the first match my marth easily beats his G&W. The second match he goes snake and i do fairly well for about half of the match until his crewmates start giving him advice during the game. Usually i can ignore things like taling as i brawl but i was shocked that they were actually giving him tips in the middle of the match so it sort of distracted me/thew me off. Realistically, i probably would have lost the match anyway (it is snake after all >.>) but i was curious about whether tournaments allow this sort of thing.

On a lighter note, i did spike a MK and shieldbreak a snake so it wasnt all bad lol.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Grrr my MK is really bad so is my snake and falcon. My Marth is also crap but he's better than any other character I pick up =/. Decisions decisions decisions.
Just pick up one of them and practice. Youll have Snake learned in due time, Falco in a little longer, and Meta in 2 days. :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This is sort of an off the wall question, but is giving advice to players during a match allowed? I ask this because this happened during 2 of my matches at a tournament I attended on Saturday. I had a set vs. some 12 year old kid (his tag said "im 12") and in the first match my marth easily beats his G&W. The second match he goes snake and i do fairly well for about half of the match until his crewmates start giving him advice during the game. Usually i can ignore things like taling as i brawl but i was shocked that they were actually giving him tips in the middle of the match so it sort of distracted me/thew me off. Realistically, i probably would have lost the match anyway (it is snake after all >.>) but i was curious about whether tournaments allow this sort of thing.

On a lighter note, i did spike a MK and shieldbreak a snake so it wasnt all bad lol.
I never been to a Smash tournament before however, when i've gone to tournaments for different card games normally talking isn't allowed. Nor is telling a person what to do I think it would lead to a DQ. It's rather unfair especially if people are telling what to do and he starts doing it and you lose because of it.

@ZMT i've practiced with them and failed. I thought snake had a hard learning curve...

ChaosKnight

Smash Master

depends on the tourney host most tourney organizers dont allow *coaching* because it actually does help lulz so most tourney host say no coaching:070:

Villi

Smash Lord
Coaching is kind of a double edged sword, imo. I remember one pool match, a guy I beat prior was coaching his friend on my perceived tendencies. I was wearing headphones, but wasn't playing music, so I heard it all. rofl.

I was Peach and he was Falcon, and basically his friend told him to run after me more and ledge stall by hanging there without invincibility frames. I saved the stage spike for after he spawned on his last stock.

Top Bottom