• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Rog~er

Smash Apprentice
I think you mean SH Aerials 0.o And you should use it everynow and then.
rising aerials are attacks that come out as soon as you jump. the only way to do this is by sliding your finger from X button to the A.

now that you know please post your thoughts intelligently. o.O

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Don't act elitist when even YOU don't know what you're talking about.

You can get aerials to come out as soon as you jump when using the c-stick. Sometimes if you hit the c stick TOO early Marth will simply jump forward, even if you have no analog input. Too early is if you hit it before Marth leaves the ground (about 6 frames).

The reason you don't get this when you use the a button is because the a button just buffers it, but in reality there is 0 difference.

There's no real answer to your question, just put your sword where it needs to be to keep you safe/apply pressure.

Rog~er

Smash Apprentice
Don't act elitist when even YOU don't know what you're talking about.

You can get aerials to come out as soon as you jump when using the c-stick. Sometimes if you hit the c stick TOO early Marth will simply jump forward, even if you have no analog input. Too early is if you hit it before Marth leaves the ground (about 6 frames).

The reason you don't get this when you use the a button is because the a button just buffers it, but in reality there is 0 difference.

There's no real answer to your question, just put your sword where it needs to be to keep you safe/apply pressure.
thanks for the info, but there is no real answer to my question? how about you look back and read my post.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Rog~er im not a flamer but please only post whne you know what your talking about.

You can use the cstick to do a rising aerial, just jump and during the opening of your jump use your aerial via cstick, that simple. Steel just told you this.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Q - When should one realize quitting Marth entirely is a good thing?

This is a serious question btw.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I do know it. It's kinda hard to become smarter when you're dumb unless there's some stimulus. No johns I really don't try to work at it.

But you're also not answering the question.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
I do know it. It's kinda hard to become smarter when you're dumb unless there's some stimulus. No johns I really don't try to work at it.

But you're also not answering the question.

Go play melee ! and play brawl too you'll pick up some awesome habits :x

Rog~er

Smash Apprentice
Rog~er im not a flamer but please only post whne you know what your talking about.

You can use the cstick to do a rising aerial, just jump and during the opening of your jump use your aerial via cstick, that simple. Steel just told you this.
again, thanks for repeating the info, as you said, steel just told me. now tell me how posting a question about your opinion not knowing what im talking about?

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
what is Marth's best strategy for fighting 1 vs 2 like Marth vs 2 other people? and also why does everyone i know tell me marth is not a real character and he stinks... but how would Marth fight 1 vs 2 if the 2 opponents are captain falcon and Meta Knight?

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Lol, flailtastic fight that would be..., someone smart can answer that.

What I meant to ask is, even though I know theres a thread somewhere about SB, I don't really want to make people angry and bump it so:

I was wondering how a ledgedrop to reversed Shieldbreaker would affect a MK recovering with his side-B. I don't have a Wii, but could someone test it and get back to me? I thought that it might break through and send the MK down if done properly on the top of the MK's head during the start-up of the side-B.

KRiMz0N

Smash Journeyman
my feet are draggin down on this dusty old road
what else do you want us to say?
i laughed

what is Marth's best strategy for fighting 1 vs 2 like Marth vs 2 other people? and also why does everyone i know tell me marth is not a real character and he stinks... but how would Marth fight 1 vs 2 if the 2 opponents are captain falcon and Meta Knight?
he would get ***** in the face by a knee

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lol, flailtastic fight that would be..., someone smart can answer that.

What I meant to ask is, even though I know theres a thread somewhere about SB, I don't really want to make people angry and bump it so:

I was wondering how a ledgedrop to reversed Shieldbreaker would affect a MK recovering with his side-B. I don't have a Wii, but could someone test it and get back to me? I thought that it might break through and send the MK down if done properly on the top of the MK's head during the start-up of the side-B.
Well the SB thread is one of the top threads on the board right now, somewhere on the first page.

And MK drill will probably hit you before you can get the SB, putting you in a bad position. It'd be better to counter.

Requizen

Smash Rookie
I've been playing some "with anyone" wi-fi matches with different characters, trying to find a main. I find that my reactionary style works fairly well with Marth, though I'm still not too great with him. I looked up his matchups to try to find a secondary, and was wondering how Wolf would be. I like playing Wolf, and he goes even with Snake (probably my least favorite match with Marth. It looks like Marth's other hard ones are MK and DDD, but I don't really see the need for a secondary for 40:60, especially since I never really have trouble with either of them.

Thoughts?

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I've been playing some "with anyone" wi-fi matches with different characters, trying to find a main. I find that my reactionary style works fairly well with Marth, though I'm still not too great with him. I looked up his matchups to try to find a secondary, and was wondering how Wolf would be. I like playing Wolf, and he goes even with Snake (probably my least favorite match with Marth. It looks like Marth's other hard ones are MK and DDD, but I don't really see the need for a secondary for 40:60, especially since I never really have trouble with either of them.

Thoughts?
Marth has no real need for a secondary, but you can secondary whoever you want. Also a good secondary for Marth is Falco, because he has good matchups with DDD and Snake, and MK is no real problem to play with Marth.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I just got ungrounded, is there a recommended way to get back in shape again?? I have been doing kinda poorly, and my Marth is doing almost as good as my Jigglypuff, but both are rather poor.
Try and play lvl 3's and focus on your spacing, and regain your usual play and tricks.
EDIT: sorry for double post, got carried away:p

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
The only problem I have with using falco as a back-up char is that I'll sometimes fair and sideB out of habit.
Lol Side-B out of habit with Falco is deadly:p But it is quite troublesome if you take over habits from your other characters. If you keep messing up just stay with Marth, he is good enough to do it alone.

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
Lol Side-B out of habit with Falco is deadly:p But it is quite troublesome if you take over habits from your other characters. If you keep messing up just stay with Marth, he is good enough to do it alone.
Yeah, I use Marth like 99% of the time.
I only switch it up if it's not a 1v1 or if I wanna spike the heck out of someone.

Top Bottom