• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Fsmash kills one percent earlier :awesome:

Fully chared upsmash does 31% if you get it right.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Can someone please upload a picture of the distance that one should be when approaching a character... or like a distance where marth is at an advantageous position and try explaining why. It would be extremely helpful to those who are new to marth and would help the veteran's positioning skills.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Steel already made a picture lol
where @?

asdklasjdkjll word requirement

Secondly, so Marth is all just standing just outside of your opponents range and waiting for them to do something and then u punish? Reacting to things like dashgrab with spotdodge -> DB and such

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
where @?

asdklasjdkjll word requirement

Secondly, so Marth is all just standing just outside of your opponents range and waiting for them to do something and then u punish? Reacting to things like dashgrab with spotdodge -> DB and such
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229253

If I remember correctly there where a couple of threads. This is the only one I could find with a few minutes of searching.

Albert.

Smash Master
I love that there's a picture of "Marths Bad zone w/ Falco" and it's basically every single space.

Ironic that at that point it was the consensus that Marth soundly beat Falco.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I love that there's a picture of "Marths Bad zone w/ Falco" and it's basically every single space.

Ironic that at that point it was the consensus that Marth soundly beat Falco.
can you link me to that one? There should be one for every character, Its important to know what zones marth is advantageous in so we can stay in them ALL the time. If there's one for MK I especially want to see it.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I'm in quite a dilema, I'm currently a Snake main and am caught between MK and marth for a side to cover the DDD and Pit MUs, which annoy me... so should I go with MK or Marth?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Jband it's just out of the opponents best ranges. Shouldn't be too hard to figure those out, you play like every character
trueee. and once im outside those ranges what do i do? ive taken a liking to just standing there and waiting to react lol

is that bad? Should I be pressuring with some move or somn'

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if i did wanna bust out my marth to gay somebody who can i gay with them, what stages, what are some of the gayest things i can do w/ marth to these characters, etc.

Z_warrior

Smash Rookie
hey im new in this forum first time i post and this is my question

Its better to have tap jump OFF? i usually use up to jump but some people told me that is actually better jump with X or Y

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Its better to have tap jump OFF?
Highly debated. Correct answer: It depends.

Some people like tap jump off because it's "easier to u-tilt," and/or they feel it gives them better control because they never jump on accident.

Some people like tap jump on because they can Dolphin Slash OOS.

My personal preference is to leave it on and just learn to tilt. When I'm playing I use both up on the joystick, and X/Y to jump.

Do whatever you feel more comfortable with. That's why you're able to customize your controls, because everybody likes different things.

Time
Runs
Away

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Which usually whiffs and results in a free fsmash from Snake :awesome:

DS OoS da bess.

C.J.

Smash Master
Yes, on stage it is something like a 2 frame window. Offstage it's like... 4.You pretty much HAVE to claw.

C.J.

Smash Master
Uhhh, I think you have a 2 frame window to buffer out of a grab release iirc what shaya said.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Uh....I played Atomsk in GF's this weekend.... my question is.

Why did DDD vs Marth feel so impossible vs him. And then like... I did alot better vs MK's that entire day. why? Kthnx

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Hiya, my GC controller suddenly went into a coma and I only have a wiimote left. Is is even worth trying to use marth seeing as I can barely short hop at will?

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Uh....I played Atomsk in GF's this weekend.... my question is.

Why did DDD vs Marth feel so impossible vs him. And then like... I did alot better vs MK's that entire day. why? Kthnx

When you play someone good who knows the matchup, DDD is like beating your head against a wall of bricks. Better range, lives forever, kills early, chaingrabs us, and lastly, gimps us to hell and back. Its the combination of the last 2 that makes it Marths worst MU imo.

C.J.

Smash Master
Kinda... Both characters **** each other off-stage. DDD lives forever, but gets juggled forever too. The match-up is largely ledge traps, but, DDD has a CG to get us there easier than we can get him there =/

jbandrew

Smash Lord
When you play someone good who knows the matchup, DDD is like beating your head against a wall of bricks. Better range, lives forever, kills early, chaingrabs us, and lastly, gimps us to hell and back. Its the combination of the last 2 that makes it Marths worst MU imo.
lol true.

beating head against a wall of bricks joke made me laugh

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hiya, my GC controller suddenly went into a coma and I only have a wiimote left. Is is even worth trying to use marth seeing as I can barely short hop at will?
I don't know any marth mains who use the wiimote.
Trying to play this game competitively without a gc controller or at least a wii mote + nun chuck is... very hard.

etecoon

Smash Hero
wii remote itself is garbage. wiichuk can actually be pretty legit if you map things right, I use both wiichuk and GCN controller and don't really do any worse with the wiichuk. I use these controls

Z = shield
C = special
pad = smashes
A = attack
B = jump
A+B = special(can DS OOS with this scheme with tap jump off, ****)
1= grab(mostly for Z catching, I mostly shield grab or boost/boost pivot grab)

GCN probably still a bit better but my controller has a bad analog stick so I just kind of bounce back and forth until I get sick of what I'm currently using. this is also like permanent claw position which is pretty awesome

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
so i played a level 9 marth cpu and he did dancing blade extreeemley fast with all four attacks, i went to trainingmode to get the timing but i just couldn't get it.. so how do i do it?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
so i played a level 9 marth cpu and he did dancing blade extreeemley fast with all four attacks, i went to trainingmode to get the timing but i just couldn't get it.. so how do i do it?
dont even think about it.

just dancing blade the first time and press b like 1.2.3.4 and it should flow

Top Bottom