• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

KillLock

Smash Lord
Ideally... if you're actually pretty precise, you can buffer a cg up to 3 fthrows into dancing blade/fsmash/dtilt (VERY HARD TO DO)

but yeah... fthrow them towards a ledge.... dancing blade or dtilt them, take their jump, gg stock.
>Implying snake will use his jump instead of just taking the hit first, lol.

also that reminds me is f-throw dair legit? or does snake have frame advantage?

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure fthrow->dair is legit at 0% on the entire cast. Maybe not Bowser?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I could talk a lot about PS2, LOVE THAT STAGE.

Fthrow to dair isn't... legit... because snake can jump and he won't get spiked, or air dodge (I think he can -just- air dodge). Of course all those things put him in an awkward position. But if you did use down air and it didn't 'work' he'd be pretty safe.

Fthrow cg on snake is real... its just pretty frame precise. I've been arguing this with pierce for like 3 years. He still won't believe me.

Damn killL0ck, gotta teach you how to lol snake with dancing blade downwards 4th version when they're just off stage :p

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What did you even edit in my post? I forgot what I said already -___-

Aisu_Aiku

Smash Rookie
Which matchups should Marth be played more aggro in, and which matchups should Marth be played more defensively?

KillLock

Smash Lord
I could talk a lot about PS2, LOVE THAT STAGE.

Fthrow to dair isn't... legit... because snake can jump and he won't get spiked, or air dodge (I think he can -just- air dodge). Of course all those things put him in an awkward position. But if you did use down air and it didn't 'work' he'd be pretty safe.

Fthrow cg on snake is real... its just pretty frame precise. I've been arguing this with pierce for like 3 years. He still won't believe me.

Damn killL0ck, gotta teach you how to lol snake with dancing blade downwards 4th version when they're just off stage :p
yeah I agree on the fthrow cg

sounds ****, but i can never do dancing blade downwards 4 on boom cause he just sdi's it to bair it's so dummmmmmbbbb :(

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I need serious help in the Ic's MU one grab equals one stock I only win if I go Rob which I barely use any tips? Shaya? Pierce? Any1? :(

JonT

Smash Rookie
will u guys ever have like a thread showing all power ranked marths? id love to see that

Nike.

Smash Hero
In no particular order:

• Mikehaze
  • Kadaj
  • Neo
  • MintyFlesh
  • Chaz
  • Zex
  • Roy_R
  • Pierce7d

As far as USA, those 8 players are the really good ones. Everyone else is more or less a whole tier below them. Choosing any order of them would only cause regional bias and flame wars, and most of us don't really care lol.

Europe has Leon, Mr.R, and Anaky. I have no idea who else is good over there with marth. Mr.R or Anaky could answer that far better.

EDIT: Putting Havok on that is up to opinion, but he uses Metaknight and Snake way too much for me to consider him a marth main.

Trio3!

Smash Cadet
EU:

1. Leon
2. Mr~R
3. Anaky

No other Marths place high.

Edit:

Imo USA:

1. Mikehaze
2. Kadaj/Zex/Chaz
3. Minty/Pierce
4. RoyR

Thats just from vids and how they are ranked in their region tho. Not gonna judge Neo cuz hes been out of it for awhile, and Minty/Pierce hardly have vids as well.

WHAT DO I KNOW IM A RANDOM LINK SCRUB, PLEASE FLAME ME.

Then u got Australia

1. Shaya
2. LMAO

No srsly i only know Shaya from Aussie.

AND THEN JAPAN

No idea.

Reizilla

rofl. Tetsuya is from Texas.

Could be two, obviously, just saying, that could be why that name seems familiar x)

Reizilla

will u guys ever have like a thread showing all power ranked marths? id love to see that
Stolen from myself:

Introducing the official 2011 Marth Power rankings!!!!!!!

1. MikeHAZE

2. Roy_R

3. Chaz

4. Kadaj

5. Neo

6. Minty

7. Leon

8. Zex

9. Pierce7D

10. Mr-R

Enjoy, folks.

Reizilla

I'm serious, mayne :( Rankings should be stickied somewhere, in my opinion.

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
Im a newer player trying to secondary marth. Any advice? I know it's a big learning curve, but I'm still having a hard time sticking with it.

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
One more thing, what move should i use when i break their sheild. I.E. what is marths most damaging move, and whats marths most knock back move.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
All depends on the situation.

At low percents, I'll probably go for an uair > usmash or something like that.

Most knockback = full charged tipper shieldbreaker

Top Bottom