• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
dont even think about it.

just dancing blade the first time and press b like 1.2.3.4 and it should flow
1: "dont even think about it" why not?
2:lol are you telling me how to db?

the CPU does db as fast as mk's ftilt undelayed which looks really cool.. and i want it, but maybe the timing is so advanced that only cpu can get it right..

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

the CPU does db as fast as mk's ftilt undelayed which looks really cool.. and i want it, but maybe the timing is so advanced that only cpu can get it right..
The delay between MK ftilt hits is 3 and 4 frames (with 0 frame 'waiting time' after the previous hit comes out to start the next one)

Marth's are all like... 8 frames+.

jbandrew

Smash Lord

sorry but apparently what you're asking for is something that isn't possible... i mean maybe for a CPU it is but not for us. Even then I don't see how the game would allow it since what Shaya said is true.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
sorry but apparently what you're asking for is something that isn't possible... i mean maybe for a CPU it is but not for us. Even then I don't see how the game would allow it since what Shaya said is true.
Well i've got the pattern now atleast, i know if you mix up the various angles of the db and time them almost perfectly to each of the slices startup and ending lag you can do it really fast, thats what cpu does, i dont think think you can do this as fast with the standard all red db because when cpu does it but stops after the two first slashes for some reason.
But why am i bringing this up you might ask!

for 1st: this looks cool xD
2nd: makes it harder for the opponent to react and di properly
3rd: even if this is close to useless in most situations in competive play, who doesn't wanna explore the game and marth to its fullest potential?:awesome:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well, seeing as how Pierce invented DB, I think we can trust him, as we always do.

We have come to terms.

:131:

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Just an FYI, there's an AT to do all of MK's FTILT hits as fast as possible, but this doesn't exist for Dancing Blade.
Your telling me that you can't buffer dancingblade to be at its highest speed? that seems unlogical to me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's smalller buffer windows... its technically not buffering
just like 1-3 frames before the next animation would have started that you can do the input.

MK can kinda just mash it and get things done fast.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Consider my bad spelling as food for you trolls, ok thanks for the info Shaya i had no idea

Tyler_ACE

Smash Cadet
Truthfuly, dancing blade is definatly the best move in the game, and also my all-time favorite because of it's speed, versatility, damage, and it refreshes your entire moveset... Just sayin...

earla

Smash Lord
i generally only use

a) red
b) red red green green
c) red red green(on shield for space)
d) db blue vs snake at low %

what other ways do you guys use dancing blade?

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
red blue green red is fun to use cause its sexy and fast, also good when your opponent is trying to di behind you

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
If the third hit doesnt get shieldgrabbed or punished. Which it will be
This. When it actually hits I just like doing RBBB and tech chase for bonus damage.

Or if I know they're DIing right I'll just end with R. Or if it's lucario I won't go past the first hit since he can DI out of the last hit no matter what I'm pretty sure.

Also if you're doing blues against their shield and they do something stupid like jab you OOS and try to follow it up you just do a buffered up-b. I know this would never happen in a real match but it's still true.

EDIT: Has anyone actually figured out the most damaging sequence for this move without ending with green? Seems good to know.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
If I recall correctly all variations of the second and third hits do the same amount of damage, as do the up and neutral versions of the fourth hit. So without doing downwards fourth hit it's completely up to whichever hits land tippers that changes the damage... which is DI dependant... if second hit up, third hit down and fourth hit neutral seem to lead into each other's tips easily I guess that's fine.

To the original question I do all neutral except when I'm sure upwards will both hit and kill when I do that pretty much... except I don't play Marth anymore at all :(

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The actual 'correct' way to do dancing blade is

Forward Up Forward Forward.
For the most part, the second hit upwards ensures someone can't SDI out of it.
I never knew that I'm going to try and incorporate this.

Also, whats the best option against Peach. The past two tourneys here in Michigan I lost to the same Peach main, once in bracket and once in pools. I haven't dealt with a Peach before these two sets. I've been focusing to much on the Metaknight and Snake MU since Michigan is full of those two characters.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How **** would Marth be if Bair didnt turn him around?

My wet dreams are made up of 3 walling bairs out of a fullhop
I have wet dreams about this too.
So does Pierce.

I'm sure many others do as well.

@Peach,
it's all about getting used to her forward air spacing, the start up of it, etc etc.
Learning the peach match up is about learning the timing of her floats, aerials, etc etc

**** her for ever trying to bring out turnips/thowing them. Force advantageous positions in the air where her only way out is fair (and just cleanly beat it).

It's a very precise spacing match up.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
TY Shaya, I'll have to sit down and do a bunch of friendlies with Mikey L then just to practice what you said. One more uestion about Peach, Should Marth approach or should you just sit back and make Peach approach?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Peach's defensive options are baiting for the most part.
You don't need to approach with a lead. And peach will struggle. But you generally need to be aggressive at least at some point.

Tyler_ACE

Smash Cadet
Btw, on the dancing blade subject, I love to do f-air chains (about 3-4 f-airs) and then an up-tilt, SHdb but stop after the first 2 hits and n-air. It's totally bossome.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
ok let me see.

fthrow - fsmash works on most characters at 0%
fthrow - fthrow - dair works on falco, sheik and a few others. it's from 0%
fthrow - fthrow - dthrow - dthrow - dthrow - tipper fsmash on falco at 0%
on MK, air grab release at approximately 50% is a dair that spikes.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
dair spikes at all percentages on metaknight^

fair, forward b, up b, neutral air, dair, dash attack, and up air all work on metaknight out of a grab release.

Top Bottom