• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You uair out of grab release bro? I'd love to see it hahaha.

Also there's doopwalking into tipper fsmash, which is legit when Mikehaze is playing brawl on a plane... in the sky.

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
lol^

Also platform on smashville. Seems more applicable and you can probably hit every castmember with at least an upsmash. I might test this.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Not true^

Most characters don't auto air break

but if they do, there are a lot of options, grab release stutter step fsmash on dedede for example.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
or metaknight LOL

what are an opponents option against marth when their at the ledge, and what can marth usually do to cover them.

mventre

Smash Apprentice
What is the best control input to DI out of pikachu's down smash? I usually mash the analog stick left,right,left,right etc.. until I escape but I've seen videos of people escaping pika's down smash after like 1 or 2 hits. Should I move the analog from side to side? Should I mash up on the C-stick? help!!

EDIT: I basically want to know the most efficient way to DI out of pika's down smash with taking as few hits as possible. Control input would be much appreciated

C.J.

Smash Master
What is the best control input to DI out of pikachu's down smash? I usually mash the analog stick left,right,left,right etc.. until I escape but I've seen videos of people escaping pika's down smash after like 1 or 2 hits. Should I move the analog from side to side? Should I mash up on the C-stick? help!!

EDIT: I basically want to know the most efficient way to DI out of pika's down smash with taking as few hits as possible. Control input would be much appreciated
Up. Two inputs up will get you out every time. For SDI you should always use the Cstick when you can. Also, @ how you're currently doing it... how does that work at all? Every time you hit in the opposite direction of the previous input you're neutralizing all the work the last input did...

isn't uair out of grab release really hard to do ?
GIMR said same time frame as onstage dair.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
GR uair is hella difficult, I cant see a good reason to learn it, at that point other options should kill.

I only GR uair when theyre too far off the ledge for the spike

clowsui

Smash Legend
unless you're swinging before MK ftilt he will beat you on that front (dtilt i mean)

with regards to rising fair that works, so does falling fair but at different spacing ranges

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
If I recall correctly ftilt1 has either 10 frames of lag or is -10 on block... ftilt3 is the laggy one at either 30 frames of lag or -30 on block (I don't remember which) (which is what C.J. was referring to I believe).

C.J.

Smash Master
Is it just me or is it bad to get back on stage with Nair against a Dk?
It's bad vs... everybody... It is pretty much every marth's preferred way of returning to the stage and isn't safe at all. Because you have to assume that they're not going to be spaced on the ledge for you as opposed to for them so if you hit their shield, unless you fall back to the ledge, you're going to get grabbed and be put back offstage.

C.J.

Smash Master
It's not TERRIBLE (it's nair so it can't be terrible) but if you hit shield w/ it, for the love of Marth, fall back to the ledge, not onto the stage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Not from that angle.
You can beat it air vs air at the right heights.

beating it would have required you to be a little closer and a stronger fast fall (and luckier timing).
Actually from the looks of things, you may have been able to win clearly if you were SLIGHTLY out. ZSS's hand outstretches so much when doing side b.

Nair can beat down smash generally, side b is a lot harder

at 1.38 you could have cleanly hit zss with your nair instead of air dodging through her, by the way :p

Smash Journeyman
If you do a DB slash in a fastfall does it cancel the fastfall?

Top Bottom