• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

C.J.

Smash Master
Full hop a lot, don't get grabbed. Don't cross over DDD @ kill percents, you'll get utilted. Bait utilt from snake, it's incredibly punishable.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Dedede takes... precision and tight spacing.
You can't just 'throw out aerials'.

Things to note though is that dedede is slowish other than the 6 frame shieldgrab.
And most dedede don't try to super armor grabs - you should ensure that you're in the air that you THINK about the distance you are from dedede before throwing out an aerial.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Against Dedede, you have to learn to read landings. Take note of what he does as he lands, after he lands, and when he lands so you can punish. Its so critical for that matchup. When you get him offstage, you can get a lot of easy free damage by just walling him off and guarding the ledge. If he goes for the ledge, quickly run off and fair. When he eventually has to up B, you obviously have tons of options to punish that and hopefully send him back offstage. Use DB ONLY to punish in this matchup, his spotdodge ***** it for the most part and he can get a lot of free grabs from it.

At 0%, fthrow>fthrow>fthrow Fsmash or Dair (wont kill).

When you're at high percents, retreating full jump fairs are one of your few safe options to avoid utilt.

When he dthrows you, hold the analog away from D3 so incase he messes up, you can walk away and turnaround DB/grab.

Nike.

Smash Hero
After fthrow>fthrow>fthrow>Dair, I go for the footstool>Dair when there trying to jump alot before they upb. Only thing that stops it is uair and upb invincibility. Very nice to try on DDD's who are just jumping.

V

Smash Ace
Is there any character that's harder to use at high level than marth?

C.J.

Smash Master
Why? It's so much fun. It's all a waiting game. Who's going to get fed up being patient first? If us, we go too aggro, mess up our spacing, get grabbed, and get *****. If them, they get juggled/ledge trapped to hell and back.

C.J.

Smash Master
Yeah... That's why D3 beats us. Each ***** the other on the ledge. DDD just gets us there easier because of the CG.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
How much lag is there after we do an upB on stage and let's say we miss, like does our opponent have enough time for a fully charge smash attack? hope that makes sense lol :)

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Good button mapping for Gamecube Controller for Marth?
So far i've only disabled tap jump, using X for jump. Y is mapped to shield for powershielding, otherwise i use R for shielding. Any suggestions?
Just leave your controls the way they originally were at least with marth because if you turn tap jump off you won't be able to upB Oos. You could turn it off if you have trouble doing up-tilts than once you get the hang of it I don't see why you would keep it off.

C.J.

Smash Master
Ban final D or frigate. **** him, literally, everywhere else. Probably BF/SV/Lylat/Brinstar are your best options.

V

Smash Ace
I 2nd falco so that's not a biggie.

How many frames does it take to drop shield and jump oos?

C.J.

Smash Master
I never had a problem there so w/e

Shield drop is 7 frames for everyone. Jumping OOS is whatever that character's jump is. Marth is 6 iirc. MK would be 5, Snake is 10 (worst jump in game).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
When approaching, Marth's best option is to turn around and stop approaching.

:131:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ok thank you. I'm glad I've already got that down haha

What are good follow up's after Dtilt? Like if it hits shield or if it doesn't? or if it hits your opponent?

Top Bottom