• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Kenny =3

Smash Rookie
How do you get beter if you keep playing the same persons?
(No answer like 'Play wifi'plz or else i'll make a hole in the wall becaese some gay sonic that does dash attack 90% of time >__<)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
How do you get beter if you keep playing the same persons?
(No answer like 'Play wifi'plz or else i'll make a hole in the wall becaese some gay sonic that does dash attack 90% of time >__<)
actually playin som1 who knows u is good. It makes u change up ur style consistently or u will get beat. If yall are on the same skill level, make it ur goal to conistently jv 2 stock them. Then once that is passed 3 stock. Eventually (or at the same time) they'll catch up to u and yall will make each other good. Other than that...go to tournies bro.

Kenny =3

Smash Rookie
actually playin som1 who knows u is good. It makes u change up ur style consistently or u will get beat. If yall are on the same skill level, make it ur goal to conistently jv 2 stock them. Then once that is passed 3 stock. Eventually (or at the same time) they'll catch up to u and yall will make each other good. Other than that...go to tournies bro.
tourneys in the netherlands is like 3 or 4 times in a year -__- so i have no choice actualy .__.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
I think i really need help vs Icies, i dont know how to approach them when their spamming blizzard and those icycle things.

And abit of Zss advice would be cool, i dont understand that MU, just a brief explanation of what i should/shouldn't do should clear things up.

Looking at Kadaj, Shaya and Pierce.

C.J.

Smash Master
Nair beats/trades with blizzard. Also, jump into them with counter.

ZSS, walk a lot, PS sideB, for the love of god stay grounded/don't jump unnecessarily.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
About somewhere where he is now...

He's not better than Meta Knight or Diddy.
Kinda iffity with Falco and Snake, he may be better than the latter.
It's up in the air whether he's better than Wario/ICs.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
How do I beat Pikachu? Never played a good one before.
Stay Grounded if found in the air at high percentages don't make your airdodges predictable or you will get hit by thunder we also have a cg on him fthrowx2 downthrowx1 tipper fsmash also you can fthrowx2 and dair. If the Pikachu is camping you be patient don't run into stuff. If they start doing QUAC counter is really good also when they are offstage and are recovering with side b runoff counter also jab works magic for me in this MU. This is just how I handle Pikachu it works for me :) Those are the only things that come to mind right now I'm sure there are a ton more but hopefully this helps.

Now for my question to whoever has the answer WTF!!! do I do against Sonic? I'm complete garbage at the MU.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
To me, Marth is 6th behind (in no order): MK, Snake, Diddy, Falco, ICs

Hunterjet

Smash Rookie
Hey, I saw this video of Mr. R against Blue Bird where he cancels a dash with an FSmash (and a tipper to boot). How the hell do you do that?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I agree with Kadaj.
Wario really gets ****ed up by Marth. Marth has so many option with GR and out spaces Wario.
IMO Marth vs ICs is wonky but its slightly in Marth's favor (55:45 Marth) Marth can separate the Eskimos quite well and Nana is super free to kill quickly when separtated. Also Marth has a GR on ICs which is nice and can kill relatively early (130-140%) From personal experience against Lain's ICs its more or less just be patient because every IC player will most likely **** up a desync during a match.

Does anyone know if Marth's Dash Attack goes under a desynced SH Blizzard? It seems like Marth would still get a tipped DA but would still get hit by Blizzard.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Hey, I saw this video of Mr. R against Blue Bird where he cancels a dash with an FSmash (and a tipper to boot). How the hell do you do that?
LOL since u mad a whole swf account just to ask that ill gladly answer it haha

input is

foxtrot> tap control stack forward> c stick f smash

as simple as that

Nike.

Smash Hero
Marth 5th, in front of Wario/IC's.
Diddy should move up to 2nd.
Don't know about Falco and Snake for 3rd and 4th, I go back and forth with them every week.

Still can't believe that Wario was voted in front of Marth because he's "dynamic" -_-

Nike.

Smash Hero
I got that from a few convo's with ppl in the Back Room (they weren't leaking, just saying why they think wario was above marth lol). But that's more or less the answer I got.

They are very close in points, though.

EDIT: That's why this seems familiar, we've had this dicussion before in the BBR Marth thread and you said that it was the opposite of what others told me x)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Nike can you explain to me what to do against Sonic since you play Espy a lot please and thank you
I'll just chip in:

- Don't play his game. Sonic's are really bait based and opportunistic on momentum
- Wall him out with Fairs and punish accordingly
- A lot of your moves just.... out do his. Read up more from the match-up review
- Don't fall for off stage shenanigans, you can basically forget gimping Sonic; be wary of is spring!

Hunterjet

Smash Rookie
LOL since u mad a whole swf account just to ask that ill gladly answer it haha

input is

foxtrot> tap control stack forward> c stick f smash

as simple as that
Wow, answered by the man himself! Thanks a bunch dude, can't wait to try it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i've known nair was good in the match up ever since i 2-stocked richbrown in a friendly because I insta ***** him trying to pivot grab me with tipper neutral airs twice.

stutter step fsmash? it's slow.... ish...

earla

Smash Lord
how many frames of invinicibility do we get from the edge?

are there moves we can use immediately from the edge that are during invincibility? are any completely invincible?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Preeety sure Marth gets 46 frames of invincibility once he grabs the edge. The minimum amount of time you have to stay on the ledge is 24 frames, so he can do some ledgedrop aerials with a bit of invincibility on the startup. You can't buffer ledge drops. I don't know the frame data on Marth's ledge get-up, get-up attack, jump or roll though.

'grats on how you did at TPoO, btw. Use much Marth?

Top Bottom