• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
can marth use Counter like, RIGHT AFTER a perfect shield? cuz CPU marth just did that to me, and i didnt even know it could happen that fast, i nearly **** myself at how fast that counter came out D:
A recently discovered advanced technique (somewhat)..

you can cancel your shield drop animation (which would normally always occur) from a power shield with tilts (+ jab) and specials.

That's what the Marth did.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
are you talking about the PSC?

i never would of thought that worked with counter ;~;

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lmfao why would u PSC and then counter xD u can just counter right away haha

C.J.

Smash Master
Yeah, everytime it happens. If you tech it you have a +5 frame advantage which means free grab/DB.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So right after I tech it press grab? Because I kept teching this throw and I was the one getting regrabed lol.

C.J.

Smash Master
Or mash side B. If he's grabbing you, you're about 11 frames too late, assuming Sonic has a frame 6 grab.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm trying to use Marth, and I'm working on the Metaknight grab release dair spike, and I'm wondering if there is a way to test if I am doing it correctly. I'm not sure if it can be shielded or dodged somehow, is there a certain animation that Metaknight goes through after the spike to show I did it correctly, as opposed to if I messed it up. Also, does the dash have to be buffered?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Just get someone to mash upair/air dodge on the other controller.

I believe you don't technically have to buffer it, but you might as well because it gives you 2 extra frames. But hey, I don't really know anything.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you do it in training mode, on stage, if MK doesn't bounce, that means you've done it on or before frame 55.
MK can't avoid it until frame 53.

So if you have that down pat, you know you're at worst 3 frames off.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yeah, everytime it happens. If you tech it you have a +5 frame advantage which means free grab/DB.
Are you certain on this? I've tried DB after tech and it's been powershielded almost everytime. It feels more like a 50/50 guessing game.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Alright guys I have a 1 dollar mm lol against Fatal a snake he is power ranked first please do give me tips against snake any tricks or if you faced the guy any habits he has I wanna take him down :).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This is something that has been bugging me. What is the easiest way or safest option for Marth to get of the ledge (Especially against Snake, Metaknight and Ice Climbers)? I know drop fair through the stage is good but what do you guys feel is the best?

Alright guys I have a 1 dollar mm lol against Fatal a snake he is power ranked first please do give me tips against snake any tricks or if you faced the guy any habits he has I wanna take him down :).
My advice is to space well mix it up with N-Airs and F-Airs. Grab and force him in the air and off stage.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I've seen marth being edgeguarded with his opponent grabbing the ledge then letting go and performing an aerial while still invincible (edit: and hit him out of DS obv). (mk's invincinair I believe, same for pikachu, falco's bair...)

How reliable is this?
Would all aerials with lasting hitboxes do the trick?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There are reliable ways to beat this. M2K taught me.

You can't afford to dolphin slash straight up as Marth's "head" will come into direct contact with any hitboxes coming out

you literally need to dolphin slash from diagonally below so that its your grab box (arm) thats closest to the ledge, not your head.

This is because (like just about all characters) the grab box is disjointed.

earla

Smash Lord
i play mk/marth.

i team with a wario/snake player.

1. is marth good in teams?
2. how can he be used effectively with wario or snake?
3. if any, what would be the advantages of me using marth instead of mk in teams?

cheers

PEACE7

Smash Champion
i play mk/marth.

i team with a wario/snake player.

1. is marth good in teams?
2. how can he be used effectively with wario or snake?
3. if any, what would be the advantages of me using marth instead of mk in teams?

cheers
I think that in teams both of the characters you mentioned teaming with are **** but why not stay mk in teams. Mk and snake are very good you can get kills at 0% with a technique called Omnigay I believe. Snake sticks the Mk with a c4 and upthrows than the snake blows up the c4 killing your opponent but not you if you time it right if you don't time it right both of you will die or just you so the timing is critical. You might know of this if you do I apologize if you don't there you go.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I think that in teams both of the characters you mentioned teaming with are **** but why not stay mk in teams. Mk and snake are very good you can get kills at 0% with a technique called Omnigay I believe. Snake sticks the Mk with a c4 and upthrows than the snake blows up the c4 killing your opponent but not you if you time it right if you don't time it right both of you will die or just you so the timing is critical. You might know of this if you do I apologize if you don't there you go.
actually the omnigay only kills one of them and it is based on whether or not the metaknight who is grabbing the opponent has the lower port number.

also marth can be really good with wario since they both dominate the sky and ground and marth with either one wario's tires is just 2 good with the whole bounce the tire>catch it with ff fair. also you can bounce the tire> catch it using ff first hit nair>:
1) repeating the above process if you don't hit them as it is hard to punish
2) ff uair into get hit by tire again (if they mess up on the DI)> a bunch of stuff. if you use marth you should know wat follows up as ff uair is something all marth's use (or at least i hope so) and since they get hit by the tire you can even go for some of the riskier follow ups as the tire makes it not so risky.
3) glide toss and slide behind them> pivot smash, DB, whatever.

with snake on your team while you can't do the omnigay you and snake are still a very deadly team. if you go with snake covering ground combat with his nades and tilts and marth covering air combat you have a very solid team that can overcome just about any other team. and if marth has port 4 when the opponent(s) is/are at high percents snake can stick marth who can grab an opponent and then have snake blow them up or if it stickies them after they get grabbed marth can do u-throw and then snake can kill them that way to.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
How do you break out of kirby's grab combo?
UpB out of it but don't do it a lot because the Kirby will be expecting it after about the 2nd time you do it and he could just wait or bait your upB just mix it up and do it only when you think you'll need it .

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What move and strategy should I use on falco, fox, and possiblely zss??
Smart walking and power shielding works a bunch against Falco and Fox.
Grabs work a crapton against them as well.

You didn't exactly ask a quick question here... you pretty much just asked us how to play three match ups with Marth.... it's a lot of information...

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
usually UpB to get outta things, and DI is directional influence where you move the stick perpendicular to where you are sent to live longer.

Top Bottom