• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hey this may be answering a question thats been answered before many a time but, i cant seem to find info on the dthrow cg on falco and others to be guranteed. as a pika main i know that marths dthrow to tipper me all the time and it seems guranteed, but when i try it my opponet is always able to spot dodge my grab. idk why tho, im buffering the dash grab and still im getting spot dodged. what i wana know is what am i dooin wrong cuz i swear i know that **** is guranteed.

MDJA109

Smash Cadet
I noticed that some Marth's are able to pivot B out of a dash with a slide, I always thought it was just a softpivot out of a foxtrot to a Shieldbreaker but I guess I'm wrong, can anyone explain how to do this?

EDIT: Nvm didn't think to B-reverse on the ground

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
I've noticed someone using an uncharged Shieldbreaker offstage while recovering, does this actually help Marth's horizontal recovery?

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
IIRC you can dthrow 10x then fsmash.

Also, does Marth have anything guaranteed on Snake on a grab at 0%?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It's fthrow x2 > dthrow x4 i believe. thats as far as I take it anyways. boost grab not needed, marth's boost grab is the same as his dash grab.

Marth on snake at 0% has fthrow > DB which is the easiest and most reliable.
You can do fthrow > fair/nair as well but the timing is very strict, you have to be nearly frame perfect.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
For Snake:

Fthrow > SS Fsmash or Fthrow > Dancing Blade.

While discussing this, is it possible to Fthrow > Regrab Snake? I havent played a real person in awhile, i always thought it didnt work.

For Falco:

Fthrow x2 + Dthrow x5 or Dthrow x9-10. I usually just do Fthrow x2 and Dthrow x3 cuz the extra 2 throws isnt much damage and i dont bother risking it.

There my 2 best matchups haha. Well fav anyway.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Shaya you can dthrow 5 times after the 2 fthrows.

Against Snake you cant fthrow Nair him unless he DI's up. Dunno about usmash, and fair isnt that useful, SS fsmash everytime for me.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Hi Toki! That's not a question >.>
I've seen Dedede's break out of grabs quickly like that before, when they're in the air. When it happens to me I'm usually happy as it means I didn't get thrown or grab released... I didn't know it gave a frame advantage to the releaser. Seems interesting. It's not stage dependant, though.
So... I don't have much to say >.> It's not really discussed much.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Oh hai Dean <3
So its not the stage? The DDD player said he couldnt get out of it so I just wanted to learn how I pulled that of, so It'll be useful in the future.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Oh hai Dean <3
So its not the stage? The DDD player said he couldnt get out of it so I just wanted to learn how I pulled that of, so It'll be useful in the future.

I dont think that was inescapeable. Since his shield came up, he could have buffered a spotdodge and avoided it.

Unless Im mising something......

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Also is this known after you fthrow fsmash tipper Ike thats about 23% you can regrab and fthrow stutter step smash tipper for about 46%.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Fthrow stops 'true' combo-ing at about 4-6% depending on the character's knockback resistence (and fthrow's staleness). That would be a mixup, depending on both the Ike's DI and whether or not he airdodges.

On Ike, you can fthrow three times and then use a stutter-step fsmash for 30%, or fthrow them 3 times offstage into a tipped dair for guaranteed damage. If you can land the dair, he's in a very gimpable position - Dolphin Slash stagespike, Counter his Aether, etc.

earla

Smash Lord
can someone please give me a list of some specific frame perfect things + grab combos + combo strings to practice?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
can marth use Counter like, RIGHT AFTER a perfect shield? cuz CPU marth just did that to me, and i didnt even know it could happen that fast, i nearly **** myself at how fast that counter came out D:

Top Bottom