• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You can get the fsmash out of the second fthrow on dk, maybe even third, but I'm pretty sure he can jump away before the regrab.

Reizilla

/is sleepy, do not understand what you're saying.

You can't regrab dk is what I meant.

Reizilla

Marth can grab release to anything he can grab release to at any percent on everybody.

I believe there is a thread here with the list of what he has gauranteed.

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Why is it just Marth that can do the ground release chaingrab on the Mother kids? Why couldn't Snake for instance do it as well? He has the same grab range iirc.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What options does Marth have against MK when he gets a grab?
And which are the most practical and everything...

EDIT: never mind I found them myself.

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to use Marth as a secondary, what are the main things I should practice or dedicate more time to master? Also what are Marth good stages?

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
Spacing, spacing, spacing... spacing.
BF, Brinstar, Lylat, SV for stages.
In the short time I have played with him I noticed that this was really important since if you play a really well spaced game, your oponent will have a really hard time finding a way to attack you.

But I would have liked something more detailed, like the what to do and what not to do.

C.J.

Smash Master
You're making this more difficult than it is... Marth is all about spacing and punishing. If you space well and play smartly, you will win (except vs DDD and diddy because you have to play annoyingly different vs them). If you mess up on either of those, you will lose. We're not tink where different projectiles set-up into whatever. We're not peach with weird float cancel ****. It's Marth... We're technical (in the sense of being precise) and we have a sword. fair to zone, DB to punish, stay away from smashes unless you're 100% they will hit because they're laggy as crap. Marth has a really simple character design. How well you do with him comes down to how good of a player you are.

Once you've got all that down, I guess learn grab releases and platform canceling.

The most effective way is probably to get someone to teach you.
The most effective and swiftest way. Teachers teach us the shortest routes to knowledge. But how do the teachers learn? They learn through trial and error pretty much.

So, I suppose one could always try by trial and error lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
in other words keep goin to tourneys and save replays so u can see what u do wrong and right and keep that and mind and continue to change

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hey pierce i got a question for tourneys with LGL is it still looked at if the person in question won by taking all the other players stocks? or is it just in the event of a time out?

Reizilla

Don't double post, fool!

Peace, it also depends on what level of play you're talking about. A teacher can help younger players, but it's harder and harder to teach someone as they get better. However, usually that question is asked by lower to lower-mid level players. Just stating the obvious, per usual.

:131:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I find it easier to teach high level players.

Also, LGLs usually only apply when the match goes to time.
ty LOL me and my friend were having an arugment cuz i was planking his IC'S with pit and was over lgl but i killed his stocks way b4 time.

also back when u fought Vex did u not try to run off and bair cuz u thought u would get hit...or what?

Reizilla

I find it easier to teach high level players.
That's because lower players aren't good enough for your mastery.

On a side note, it's easier to teach a good player because they understand better, but relatively, it's harder for them to progress and achieve new levels.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I wish i had som1 to teach me like actually "teach" guess ill just have to learn through tourneys and fests and my crew cuz im already a good player i just need som1 to get me to the next plateau :p

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah you do need someone to get you to the next plateau.

That someone is yourself

you don't need anybody to help you get better (except for people to play agaisnt) you just have to look at what you're doing and figure out how to fix it

that way, you develop your OWN playstyle.

however asking for advice is always good because sometimes people can give you new ideas, or tell you something that helps you

and yes, i've ignored advice before because i didn't think it would help my game at all

however, i kept it in my brain so that i know what some people think marths do in those situations ;D

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yeah you do need someone to get you to the next plateau.

That someone is yourself

you don't need anybody to help you get better (except for people to play agaisnt) you just have to look at what you're doing and figure out how to fix it

that way, you develop your OWN playstyle.

however asking for advice is always good because sometimes people can give you new ideas, or tell you something that helps you

and yes, i've ignored advice before because i didn't think it would help my game at all

however, i kept it in my brain so that i know what some people think marths do in those situations ;D
i was talking more on general tips not character tips and ya ik what you're getting at though. Even though i just picked up marth as a side character a little bit ago the improvement has been rapid. Went from gettting 2 stocked by friends MK to beating em most of the time in like less than a week ^_^

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Im a noob at finding threads. Please dont hurt me.

Can someone please link me to a match up discussion (more like tips and what to do against them) for Snake and Wolf?

Thanks <3

kaffei4lunch

Smash Cadet
Nice name search there, Atomsk lol

I remember watching that doubles match. Neo got the Grab release spike and you were at like 60 or something and you didn't die, I was like o_o

His Dair was fresh, too.

Neo must have been so pissed off rofl
man i juz gr spike mk at 62% he live fk gay

Top Bottom