• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
DK's invincible up-B is ****, just jump over it. Sonic's is worse because he can jump out of it, but you should just try to D-tilt him out of it. This gets trickier if he just goes at max velocity. The thing I just do then is run towards him, they'll release and jump over it. Make them think you forget their invincible trick.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
just so you know... yes they're invincibility, but the hurtboxes of the moves still exist and they do clash.

Jab will clash with them and then you will most likely have a frame advantage (not entirely sure, but likely you will).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ally jumped out of the way with a LOT of room to spare.
Snake's jump is one of the slowest.

But remember, 4 frame jab.
From the moment espy started charging to when he dashed under ally, was about a full second, at least.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I doubt Shaya knows what he's talking about too well if he's saying that Sonic isn't "that" fast.
He totally is.

Doesn't help that Sonic CAN and WILL cancel out of it if the Sonic feels like the opponent will properly time a counter (not downB, just a counter attack).

Nike.

Smash Hero
I know that jabbing iSDR only resets both players at neutral. I don't remember who gets the frame advantage as far as grabs/tilts/etc, but I know that Sonic can simply dash away and avoid counter attack and just restart the iSDR again.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've played against Sonic quite a bit.
If a sonic is "moving towards me" that in my 10 frame or so reaction speed I can jab to at least stop the invincible tirade, whilst also expecting cancels (I don't have to worry about aerials... only shielding) which I can hear the opponent's controller movements for such a thing, I find I'm well equipped.

I'm not saying that you should freely play on YI and lol-marth-*****-sonic-on-it-lolz. But he has reliable means of combating it.

Also, I'm not saying I'm standing right next to sonic at a ledge, more like appropriate positioning under the middle platform. The whole fiasco of it is, is that if you only do defensive movements Sonic is just like lol and goes to the other side of the stage (or goes aerial and flips back to the original place). Dealing with this as Meta Knight is exceedingly difficult in comparison to Marth.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See, against Sonic I'd prefer to ban Pictochat because its FD + the lameness.
I still feel Marth has a mu advantage on YI.

In comparison to DK... YI is tricky, but fortunately his up b gimmick is a lot slower to react to (hence jab is a lot more reliable), BUT I'd prefer picto because that much space makes it a lot easier for Marth.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Quick question about sheild breaker why is it that on full sheild no charge sheild breaker will sometimes break it and sometimes just lower it alot is the actual breaking of the sheild hitbox dependent?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Without getting into all the numbers of it:

Shield breaker has a shield damage bonus on it. This occurs REGARDLESS of how much you charge it.

Additionally, the amount of damage done to your shield is based off of the percent damage the move actually does.

A fully charged shield breaker does a lot of damage, PLUS deals bonus damage to shields, but it's JUST not enough to break a full shield.

An uncharged shield breaker will never break a full shield. Keep in mind that when your shield breaks, it restores to roughly half, not full.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
so even on...say GnW a reg sheild breaker CANT break a full sheild? good to know...if i understand u right but more often than not no1 should have a full sheild when fighting marth marth sheild pressure amazing

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Do people know about the treadmill glitch? It's not important at all but I was just wondering. I was playing on a created stage with treadmills and i DB'd the same way as the treadmill was going. I'm not sure if it need to be the last hit of it or whether or not tilting it up or down changes it (I just did red) but when I reached the end of the treadmill I flew off of it super fast and died.

Laurel

Smash Ace
Do people know about the treadmill glitch? It's not important at all but I was just wondering. I was playing on a created stage with treadmills and i DB'd the same way as the treadmill was going. I'm not sure if it need to be the last hit of it or whether or not tilting it up or down changes it (I just did red) but when I reached the end of the treadmill I flew off of it super fast and died.
i love doing that on accident because i forget about it. /sarcasm

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I might sound like a noob for this but I barely know anything about frame data is there a thread or something about it?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
A B-reversal for neutral-B commands is performed by pressing B then flicking the control stick in the opposite direction of your direction within about 4 frames. Doing a B-reversed Shieldbreaker out of a dash can only be performed after Marth's initial dash animation (the first 17 frames).

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
Anaky Says:

From throws, whats gurateed on bowser and dk?

I think DK can be fthrow'd > SS backwards > fsmash tipper right? Can he be fthrown twice into fsmash tip?

Also i have no idea about bowser.

C.J.

Smash Master
I would be shocked if DK couldn't couldn't be fthrown twice
I do it frequently but who I do it to isn't the best of players... so yeah

Boswer you can fthrow fsmash too. You have to wait to fsmash to tip/SS though.

Top Bottom