• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Can I have general percents with the bthrow? Near the ledge, I'd assume neutral air would be my best option because it's safe even against a dodge for the most part. Thanks by the way. ^^With the last tip, anybody good will save their jump...I can't aerial/tilt anyone who sinks lower than the stage. Thanks a lot though, San. ^^ I wanna play you sometime.

Option 1 is the one with the highest chance of working after the throw. It's either guaranteed or close to it. Option 2 is a good alternative in case you're afraid the opponent might see the move coming and use a defensive option. Note this is all from MY point of view so it could be (and should be) different for others.

Back Throw
Option 1: Dash Attack
Option 2: Jump + Forward Aerial
*Dash Attack is generally a true combo on everyone from around 30 to 100 per cent.

ForwardThrow
Option 1: Dash Grab
Option 2: Sliding Up Smash
*Dash Grab preys on their instinctive shield after a fast move such as Fthrow and Up Smash will punish them if they get into the habit of spot dodging.

DownThrow
Option 1: Jump + Neutral Aerial
Option 2: Dash + Aether
*The justification behind the Aether is that they may try to go as high as possible after the Dthrow (to avoid Nair) and will not go horizontally enough to avoid Aether.

UpThrow
Option 1: Dash Pivot Grab
Option 2: Up Aerial
* This is pretty much inferior to Dthrow so use the one thing it has over it: the ability to put the opponent close to you for a possible quick regrab.

Back to lurking.
This is useful, thank you. ^^ I like the fthrow thing, I never thought of the shield bit...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Forgot to mention. Dthrow is nice on people sucky in the air, because Ike's nair covers all directions. Nair starts from above, so you can use it as an attack against most people above you. It also ***** on battlefield on platforms (nair or upair works). Full hop nair on platforms too.

Instead of upsmash in light's post, I would do a general dash+shield approach and see what they do, mainly because it's too punishable ***except near the edge, and we don't have enough time to do a pivot jump-canceled upsmash. Other than that, that's a nice guideline of what to do.

About the offstage thing: Ike's aerials offstage safely force an air dodge or jump+air dodge pretty far away from the stage. Your goal is to have them use up their double jump, then mess them up.

Ike's pressure offstage increases immensely if you began it with a bthrow+dash attack. That's how they get put into ftilt range as a mixup to your aerials.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
@Bladeboys: Well, yesterday was "Tax Day," where you file all your tax returns to the government. I don't know if that counts as a holiday.

Also, I've been away for a little while. I was working on my modded doom levels. On these levels...
  • Ike's F-Smash comes out on frame 29.
  • MK's Tornado lasts 144 frames.
That is all I have for now...

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
if someone DIs Dthrow forward at low % can Fair be guaranteed? because i have pulled it off quite a few times rather than Nair..... Not saying that Nair won't work, just wondering.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
'Guaranteed' is a bit of a hazy word to use to define anything that follows a Dthrow and here's why: Depending on the action the opponent takes to dodge a Dthrow follow-up, their hitstun amount changes fairly drastically. Let's say you Dthrow Mario at 0%, your hitstun values will look as follows (numbers aren't exact, but very close to it):

+2 Airdodge Advantage
+13 Attack Advantage
+26 Jump Advantage

They can airdodge before you can do anything BUT if started at the exact same time Nair beats every airdodge in the game. If they airdodge just as the hitbox comes out they can avoid you but this requires very good timing, however. Also Peach's airdodge is outlast by Nair's hitbox, so feel free to spam this against her.

They can attack starting from the 13th or so frame but the thing is that since Nair is effectively Marth's Fair range very few characters have a Dair with the right range and speed to beat the Nair (note that special attacks cannot be used at this point). They need to both be longer ranged than Ike's Nair and faster than 10 frames.

Both Fair and Nair are faster than +26 (though Fair is just on the border) so Fair CAN work. Thing is, though, Fair is very much hit or miss in nature. You don't have the 18 frames of active hitbox as you do with Nair, so it's a lot hard to hit. If they go forward and up a bit the best bet is to dash forward a bit and use Aether to hit them. Their airdodge is outlasted, they can't hit you and there is not enough time for them to jump.

Back to lurking.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
This is Round 2. San is sent to losers bracket by Ally. He beat Ally first game at Smashville. I heard he got some pretty good reads. Then Ally takes San to battlefield and beats him there. I didn't hear any highlights from that game. San then takes Ally to Delfino, and Ally beats him there 2-stock. San just had to meet Ally so early in the bracket.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
That's cool San did so well. It's a shame he has to sd SO much everytime he plays Ally, but it's comforting to see an Ike do a fine job against Ally.

I wonder if the games got saved?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'm sure people over there are raging at the seeding. Players playing other players from their own region so early in bracket lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Just got back from a smashfest. "Practice tourney", to be more exact. I get sent to losers first round and then win the next 5 matches to get into grand finals. Grand finals ends with me sailing smoothly and winning set 1 then I get CPed Meta Knight. I think I'm learning how to play versus him, though, I just need more time. I barely won set 2 with 2-2 and 120%. No pot or anything but I did win a $1 mm!

Sorry, just happy. :)

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Theres actually competitors in the MLG using ike?

That'll bump ikes worthiness up in the tier list he really deserves more recognition imo

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Good job Yagami ^^ mmmh I wanna know what did San in mlg ._.

"Ally nearly fell in Round 1 against San37111. San's Ike took Game 1 with one stock remaining at high percentage despite a suicide. In Game 2, Ally got on the board as Snake with one stock left thank to another San suicide. Game 3 was tight, as Ally eluded San and used grenades to do damage, taking the game with two stock to his name. The 2-1 win advanced Ally to the second round. "

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If San can win two sets, which I'm pretty sure he can, he'll have to face Dr. Grandpa in losers. What a shame... Two people who know each other already have to face off early in bracket.
Check Section 3 of losers bracket.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm sure people over there are raging at the seeding. Players playing other players from their own region so early in bracket lol
MLG did random seeding. they did it on purpose because as far as mlg is concerned, no one is good yet. after this event, the players who get points will be seeded. the online qualifiers for columbus(sp?) will also help with seeding at future events.

mlg know swhat they are doing. they have been running smash events longer than you have been GOING to smash events.

btw, i saved san from losing his 2nd match. he will explain to you guys later.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ryo is gonna play some guy, who I'm sure he'll win against and then will probably lose to Affinity in losers. San will probably beat this random guy, beat Dr. G, and then we'll see what happens from there.

Wish you could just click on someone's name to see where the hell they are. I had to look through every bracket to find where they went.

Edit: What's the number next to some people's names?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ryo beat Y.b.M(one of the best Kirbies supposedly but he's originally a wiimote user lol had to use GC I guess).
San beat Tommy(Ike>>>ROB).

I think that number has to do with the online qualifier thingymabob.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
FYI, there are 2 Affinitys on the bracket. Idk which is which XD. everyone that shows gets $200 for attending XD lol I am so going to Dallas one for free $200 XD lmao.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
FYI, there are 2 Affinitys on the bracket. Idk which is which XD. everyone that shows gets $200 for attending XD lol I am so going to Dallas one for free $200 XD lmao.
If it's an actual tourny in comparison to the tryouts they had last year, then yes, you have a chance of getting 200 dollars. They might be just doing it this time around, since it's the first MLG Brawl tournament. What better way to promote than handing out free money?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I ****ing love the white controller from Japan. Just ordered it 2 days ago on amazon and it came in today. =p

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I ****ing love the white controller from Japan. Just ordered it 2 days ago on amazon and it came in today. =p

Aahhh, u're lucky. I ordered mine 3 days ago and it hasn't come in yet :( hoooppppe i'll get it on Monday ! The cable lenght is about 3m, is it longer than usual NGC controllers ?

White controllers are the nicest ones imo ^^

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Aahhh, u're lucky. I ordered mine 3 days ago and it hasn't come in yet :( hoooppppe i'll get it on Monday ! The cable lenght is about 3m, is it longer than usual NGC controllers ?

White controllers are the nicest ones imo ^^
Yes, they are longer than the normal GC controllers. They are super nice, but I refuse to buy one until mine completely stops working.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I think I need a new controller, since I believe my controller lags due to too much online. When I play offline and I'm doing shorthops my bairs won't work because the A button lags or something. idk wtf it is :/

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Since I ordered mine on amazon, it had a deal on shipping so I did 2 day-shipping.

MLG has the most hilarious upsets ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom