• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'd go to a hobo if someone offered me a ride to venue and a place to crash the entire weekend. I wanna visit a couple of people in Houston anyway.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom, where are you?
Playing Fire Emblem 9 and 10. Ena on FE9 is so overpowered when you give her the correct skills. *coughwrathcoughvantagecoughresolvecoughbeorcguard*

Anyway, I managed to jab a Fox to 100% damage and KO him with U-Smash. But I've been on a losing streak against the locals. I'll find a way to break those cuffs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3LLpZSg6E

That concludes my report.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
GL with those things numba and Mr. Doom.

My week has been horrific, and I'm playing really off. May be due to all the crap I was enduring all week.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hmmmmm well if Ryko came for World Hobo then im sure you could talk to houston people or you could room with whoever you find. I went through the bracket from Phase 6 to see what my possibilities in people to play was. Turns out, if i had beaten take, and lost to fk i woulda had to play X A, if i beat him i woulda played Chaotic(beat at phase 5) and if i beat him i woulda played Mr. Doom lol. Now if I had beaten Take and FK I would have played Sethlon(falco i think) and probably lost and then woulda sent me to play bassem lol. I just had horrible options the entire bracket except for if i had beaten Take i would made it so much further imo lol.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
So, whats new?

Myself...I'm going to see how well Ike does in a Random character 1-hit tournament next Friday...if I get around to it.
I think I saw a video of you hosting a crew battle like that. I introduced that to my friends, and we definitely enjoy it...especially in a 4 player FFA. Gotta say though, Ike struggles, especially against characters with a projectile.

•Col•

Smash Champion
New SBR tier list is out.

Forget E tier, Ike went and dropped to F tier. Get *****, Ike.
Who cares? In actuality he only dropped one spot. Besides.... This means that he's officially allowed in all low-tier tournaments now. XD

Even though he was already allowed in most of them.... But yeah, who cares? Don't worry about it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Who cares? In actuality he only dropped one spot. Besides.... This means that he's officially allowed in all low-tier tournaments now. XD

Even though he was already allowed in most of them....
I don't really care about the list too much but this pretty means that the SBR considers Ike to be essentially as good as Captain Falcon.

I'm just sort of shocked, is all.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, well I think Captain Falcon should be in G tier anyway.... I think he just got a little bump recently since Ally's been using him...

Magik0722

Smash Champion
hey guys, with my main now banned in low tiers im going to be picking up ike because hes broken in low tiers, thought id say hello

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hi, welcome.

So they moved Ike down a slot, eh? Excellent. Now Kansas doesn't have an excuse to exclude him from low-tier tourneys. I am a bit peeved that Ike is underrated, though.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
hey guys, with my main now banned in low tiers im going to be picking up ike because hes broken in low tiers, thought id say hello
Hey, welcome. All I can really say is that after seeing some videos of your (extremely good) Pokemon Trainer I am quite curious to see what you'll do with Ike, even if you don't use him outside of low tier.

Ike's just not fair to the rest of the current SBR Low tier but that's okay I guess. Low tier tourneys were already pretty polarized in Ike's favor but when you remove pretty much every low-mid from it and leave Ike behind well...the low tier results will be coming in soon, I suppose.

Like Mr.Doom, though, I'm sort of annoyed that Ike is being undersold but whatever. It's SWF, you get used to it.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hopefully. I need to get everything straight with PikaPika. Like when he's going to leave, etc.

Don't really care much about the list, since we've been talking about it for around a year now(?)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hi, welcome.

So they moved Ike down a slot, eh? Excellent. Now Kansas doesn't have an excuse to exclude him from low-tier tourneys. I am a bit peeved that Ike is underrated, though.
I honestly don't understand how Bowser is above Ike a whole tier lol

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Link me to live stream for viridian, is that this weekend? Hmmmmm.

So I have been on wifi recently, as usual lol, but I started messing around with other characters and was thinking. Would playing as different characters help you understand the matchup a little better? When you play as another character you can somewhat learn weaknesses like what attacks have a lot of lag after it, etc. I already talked to Redx about it and I just wanted to get all you guys' input on it. I have messed around with Samus, Diddy, MK, ROB, ICs, Wario, Snake, G&W, Marth, Ganon, and Fox on wifi, lol just saying.

EDIT: Also wtf, at tier list. There are soooooo many drastic changes on there, Zelda -9! ICs +6!! Wario -4? g&w -4? Pit +4? ROB -5?? Ness +5?? Wtf this is stupid lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm busy laughing my head off at the tier list.

Now, if it was a tier list about the hype trains, it would make more sense. But as a real one....

Thanks for the cool B-day gift BBR. Nice joke and all...but can we have the real list posted? You know, the one with logic used?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, from what I've gathered...

Ness moved up five spots because FOW did well in three-five tournaments a while back.

Hey Kirk, do you mind stealing a bunch of little kid's money in tournaments a few dozen times? That should move up Ike five spots at least next tournament!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ness also has Shaky from FL getting top spots. Still though, that's two characters.

Overall beyond B tier, the list is a mess, but who cares really? No one really cares about characters beyond High tier.

But seriously, Link STILL being second worst? He more than proved that he isn't.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The sporadic placements are really not anything new compared to all the other lists beforehand. Many elements of the tier list are due to common (mis)conceptions between many characters.

I was surprised about falcon and link placements, and lol'd at lucas' placement, too. I don't really care too much about anything else on the list, really =/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think this tier list has more to do with tourny results than anything else. That's why there are some drastic changes. Regardless though, I'm actually shocked that PT got bumped out of Low Tier. He actually gave Ike some competition and was a good alternative to LTs rather than using Ike. Now we're gonna see even more Ike LT mains...fun.

Magik, you use the classic controller right? You gonna stick with that when you main Ike? It will be interesting to see how you perform with that.

Red-X, your opinions don't count.

Edit: Check what I did to this Marth at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56x8jB08Hw

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I wouldn't say tourney rankings have everything to do with it.

Condensed Version:
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario
B: King Dedede, Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch
C: Pit, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, R.O.B.
D: Donkey Kong, Peach, Fox, Luigi, Wolf
E: Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Ness, Bowser
F: Lucas, Ike, Yoshi, Mario, Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff
G: Zelda, Link, Ganondorf
Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated February 23, 2010)

S: :metaknight:
A: :snake: :diddy:
B: :marth: :falco: :wario: :popo:
C: :dedede: :olimar: :lucario: :toonlink: :gw:
D: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :dk2: :pikachu2: :rob: :peach: :wolf: :luigi2: :pit:
E: :fox: :sonic: :ness2: :ike: :zelda: :shiek: :link2: :pt: :mario2: :yoshi2:
F: :falcon: :ganondorf: :bowser2: :lucas: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
Beyond A tier the list starts to get hazy, then beyond B tier the list starts to show a horrible amount of inconsistency. Bowser and Lucas moving up are still a mystery to me. If anything this tier list just shows a massive amount of hype for characters.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Guys. Stop worrying about something stupid like tier placement. -_- Ike only moved one spot. If you haven't noticed, almost EVERY CHARACTER has moved down an entire tier because MK has moved up into his own tier again, thus pushing everyone else down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom