• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Screw these lurkers. Metroid Not Using Samus, New Yorkshark, Kimchi Noodles, and any other lurker out there can either start posting, or gtfo.
I won't be goaded in to posting this time.

Oh wait...

Anyway, is there any good way to deal with a Marth that just camps with Dancing Blade besides running up with a shield and shieldgrabbing?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Anyway, is there any good way to deal with a Marth that just camps with Dancing Blade besides running up with a shield and shieldgrabbing?
Pretty sure a well placed fair (doesn't even have to be perfectly spaced) will get him.... Or maybe run, jump over him, then fast fall a bair. Or maybe... Run up, then immediately roll backwards as he starts the Dancing Blades, then punish it with an ftilt or w/e.

I dunno.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Ike Double Footstool Banana Combo on Diddy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniX-jpjf1k

IMO, something like this is gonna be stupidly hard to setup in an actual match and the chance of messing up is high but it's probably worth doing when you want to attempt to get some good damage in.
lmaaooo goodluck getting that close

tho this can be used for good kills
that last trip into bair was nice

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Ike Double Footstool Banana Combo on Diddy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniX-jpjf1k

IMO, something like this is gonna be stupidly hard to setup in an actual match and the chance of messing up is high but it's probably worth doing when you want to attempt to get some good damage in.
Good job Red ! I'll try this tomorrow :bee:

PS : I'm going to buy TvC tomorrow (I couldn't get it before, I couldn't find the game ._.). Does anyone still (lol) play ?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
red,u got enough money for teams this week?D:
if not,lmk so i can start looking for a partner early lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I just got some cash this week but I wanna try to save it for tournies like PolyBrawl/Viridian/That other big tourney Wes is hosting in Poly around April.
Not sure if I'm gonna go to Bum's.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
april....lmao....

you got plenty of time to get cash for that

bum's a is a small tourney,small tourneys are always good lol
but alright then,guess that's a no D:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
PolyBrawl+Virdian are on the end of this month/beginning of next month D;
Yea, just get another partner lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
yo...i know this a weird question lmao
but i need somewhere to stay after viridian cuz i cant go home x_x

can i stay at ur place?D:
(im not asking just you lol)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
5 dollars,screw that lmao T-T

psh bored
you wish all the ike's could have a sleep over:D
haha

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That would be a very unsympathetic sleep over.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If we planned a sleepover, no matter how unsympathetic, we'd be pretty well prepared.

Whoooo, I'm actually co-hosting a tourney this weekend. Can you say good seed and no venue fee? LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL but not really. I'm not the one doing the seeding. =[

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude, I don't see this tourney being something I'd advise anyone to travel OoS for. It won't be anything very special. At least, not this time around. There will be more scrubs than good players. I'm aiming for top 5 or better.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just find it funny that the weekend I come back to Dallas, phase 5 will be going on. While I will be at UTD that weekend, it won't be for that lol.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
***** it's my thread i'll do what i want!!!

I think i'll be making it to hobo 23, if dekar goes we'll be flying together, so you need to go bored i haven't seen you since people didn't know you where good.

edit: plus we could practice up our double ike team, I never even saw if you answered me about whobo or not

theeboredone

Smash Legend
***** it's my thread i'll do what i want!!!

I think i'll be making it to hobo 23, if dekar goes we'll be flying together, so you need to go bored i haven't seen you since people didn't know you where good.

edit: plus we could practice up our double ike team, I never even saw if you answered me about whobo or not
Not gonna do teams in whobo. Not goin to hobo. Waste of money + broke my thumb.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Pretty sure a well placed fair (doesn't even have to be perfectly spaced) will get him.... Or maybe run, jump over him, then fast fall a bair. Or maybe... Run up, then immediately roll backwards as he starts the Dancing Blades, then punish it with an ftilt or w/e.

I dunno.
Nah, the person I play just runs away when I FAir and then rushes in with Dancing Blade during landing lag. If I try to get behind her (yeah, the person in question is a girl actually) by jumping, she'll either just shield or run under me and shield so I'll be vulnerable when I land. It's sort of annoying :/.

Mr. Doom said:
Meh, Mr. Doom is #7 in Kansas' Power Rankings. 'Moved up 2 spots from last time.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225021
Very nice job, man.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nah, the person I play just runs away when I FAir and then rushes in with Dancing Blade during landing lag. If I try to get behind her (yeah, the person in question is a girl actually) by jumping, she'll either just shield or run under me and shield so I'll be vulnerable when I land. It's sort of annoying :/.
No wonder you lurk. You can't even beat a girl! ROFL ROFL LOLQQ!! I'M ACTIN LIKE A 4 YEAR OLD!!!

Anyways, you just need to mix up your game. Use approaches that prevent the dancing blade. Try doing some Reverse jumps over her to N-air. Shield dancing blade, and respond with an attack. Bait with an empty F-air, so you can shield the dancing blade. It should also help to just do empty jumps in front of her and etc.

If you still fail, you ain't being unpredictable. Unpredictability is really important for Ike. It's one thing Red-X is good at...until his unpredictability leads to a predictable F-smash to his face.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
he should move to kansas then.

Also bored thats lame how will you ever develop your team chemistry with different people if you don't join. Maybe you won't win but 10$ is worth the practice for a national low tier event.

Kirk where you at? lets win whobo together!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
he should move to kansas then.

Also bored thats lame how will you ever develop your team chemistry with different people if you don't join. Maybe you won't win but 10$ is worth the practice for a national low tier event.

Kirk where you at? lets win whobo together!
Or I just don't want to spend like 50 dollars on a event that isn't gonna be worth it. Especially since next month, there will be way more people.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If you still fail, you ain't being unpredictable. Unpredictability is really important for Ike. It's one thing Red-X is good at...until his unpredictability leads to a predictable F-smash to his face.
Haha, I think I need to be unpredictable while playing safe, maybe that's my problem. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom