• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Omg, I could barely watch the first minute and half. The editing is stupid, the song doesn't go with the clips and the clips themselves suck. Get that **** out of the boards. This video fails. 1/5.

Red-X, you are not allowed to post your thoughts about montages unless granted permission. **** sucked.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I watched through the whole thing.... and I agree with theeboredone. Combo videos are supposed to be made for entertainment.... I was not entertained.

Most of the time it was just the opponent making a stupid mistake or w/e... And there were several clips where I couldn't even tell which character the video was supposed to be highlighting... >_>

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Gave my hand at watching it; like what Colaya and theboredone said, wasn't that entertaining. And I'm not so fond of montages composed primarily of wi-fi matches because variable factors come into play.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yeah it always took me a moment or two to realize which character was the highlighted one.

The very first clip is Marth using a bunch of horribly spaced Fairs then getting lucky his opponent can't react and getting a Dair in. :urg:

I understand it's WiFi. I understand that it's just some clan video. But, seriously? For an organized group of players they should have been able to put out a video with much better editing and much better clips.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yes I know the video wasn't very good. I told the dude that made it that he should have definitely worked on it more. Especially the highlighting which player part, and i was just about to post about this but then power outage happened and now i gotta retype everything. So yeah I used the horrible spacing at the beginning as an example but light beat me to it -_-. The music i had also complained about due to it being kinda too slow and not enough kick to it lol..

I wouldn't be suprised if half those clips of the other members is against people in the same clan. We don't have a lot of good members unfortunately but most of the time when i play online i play with these guys lol. Some good members we have are Slick and ShadowAzure, they both give me good practice, though Slick is a little laggy, he gives me good ROB practice and Shadow gives me good Wario practice =]. If you have not figured out by now I AM a member of this clan, mostly for friendlies and what not lol. Also I didn't bring up the video because it was bad and embarassing toward the clan lol. But I only brought it up because of my clips of uber rapage lol I sent a lot of clips but only 3 were put on because he put it together in 1 day obviously and didn't include everyone, he said he was gonna make another and i told him it better replace the old one and that he better work on it some more.

Though none of my replays on there were against clan members, all 3 were against Echo(olimar main) lol but all of my clips are beast(2 as ike, 1 as ganon epic combo), the rest are..... meh.

EDIT: Are Kirk and Yagami confirmed for World Hobo yet?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Echo sucks ****. Worst Olimar I know. You know something is wrong when Ike is 2 stocking Olimar. Slaps, I can see that you improved, based on Phase 5, and honestly, it's time to leave that clan or go join another one with tougher competition. Otherwise, you are just gonna hit a wall.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Slaps, you definitely need to get a group of tougher opponents to play. Not just give you a challenge, but you know are just simply very skilled at the game. Even though wifi allows some things to happen that shouldn't, it would still be valuable experience you could apply.

My mistake was that I was only playing people I easily beat every day, so I wasn't necessarily getting better or playing a more variety of people, so I decided to join AiB ladder, because if I had a higher score, it would be easier to play some of the better wifi players.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I couldn't care less about ladder score lol.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well im joking T-T,im not a jerk about it lol
i wanna play your ike vs G&W tho if i happen to find u in there one day :o

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I play horrifically in lag, so I limit myself to near me (EC, atlantic north) only, with the occasional midwest/south depending on the person.

Before I go online, I usually play at least 10-15 minutes in training mode, which seems to help.

The thing that sucks on wifi is that sometimes I use visual cues to help me with timing something (like bthrow to dash attack) and sometimes muscle memory. Offline, it makes me press the things I use visual timing online too quickly, like bthrow to dash attack. Kind of confusing to explain.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I play horrifically in lag, so I limit myself to near me (EC, atlantic north) only, with the occasional midwest/south depending on the person.

Before I go online, I usually play at least 10-15 minutes in training mode, which seems to help.
You'd play me if I asked nicely enough, right? :)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sure =) What I was talking about is usually for ladder, but sometimes i can get a good connection with west coast although it is very rare.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I'd play you offline also San if my campus net didn't suck, but we might play offline at an upcoming tourney up here just to get goggles to stop hounding us (he doesn't get that I'm practically dirt poor).

•Col•

Smash Champion
With some of Overswarm's recent postings, it seems like that thing I was talking about a week ago isn't something old... Apparently it's something that allows you to cancel your dash at ANY TIME, not just the first few frames or w/e.

And apparently ZSS has an infinite on every character now because of it. XD

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
With some of Overswarm's recent postings, it seems like that thing I was talking about a week ago isn't something old... Apparently it's something that allows you to cancel your dash at ANY TIME, not just the first few frames or w/e.

And apparently ZSS has an infinite on every character now because of it. XD
If this is true then Ike gets a pretty awesome 0-100 on like every heavyweight / fastfaller in the game if he cancels his run into a standing grab.

Ike is like 2 frames away from missing the dash grab regrab from a Bthrow on quite a few characters so if you can cancel it into a standing grab anytime that would be so cool.

So...

How do you do it?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
but yea,you should join ladder slaps
I am already on the AiB ladder but i have been doing incredibly crappy lol..

Also, Bored I never said Echo was good, I wasn't bragging about 2 stocking him, I was just saying that that was who i was playing. You don't have to be a douche about everything. -_-

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
It's North of Pallet Town.
**** Mr. Doom, you're suppose to know this stuff.
People in the Johto region don't like talking with those in Kanto.

Sawwwwrryyyy.

On another note I'm going home tomorrow so aside from hopefully getting some Brawl in online (maybe with you guys as well!??) I'm going to do some basic testing (or maybe not so basic) of Bthrow to Dash Attack. It's a 3 day weekend so it shouldn't be hard to squeeze in an hour for that.

Wish Overswarm would explain the cancel dash into mechanics so that I can test some broken chaingrabs as well.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
People in the Johto region don't like talking with those in Kanto.

Sawwwwrryyyy.

On another note I'm going home tomorrow so aside from hopefully getting some Brawl in online (maybe with you guys as well!??) I'm going to do some basic testing (or maybe not so basic) of Bthrow to Dash Attack. It's a 3 day weekend so it shouldn't be hard to squeeze in an hour for that.

Wish Overswarm would explain the cancel dash into mechanics so that I can test some broken chaingrabs as well.
But in Pokemon Gold, Sliver, and Crystal, you get to travel both regions so no johns.

Where did Overswarm mention this dash dance cancel thingy?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
But in Pokemon Gold, Sliver, and Crystal, you get to travel both regions so no johns.

Where did Overswarm mention this dash dance cancel thingy?
There's nothing to do in Kanto! :item9:

Anyway I'm relying on Colaya for this information so I don't know where Overswarm mentioned it. I doubt Colaya just made it up, though!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
There's nothing to do in Kanto! :item9:

Anyway I'm relying on Colaya for this information so I don't know where Overswarm mentioned it. I doubt Colaya just made it up, though!
But the Kanto region in those games is like a whole new game =O
Yea, I hope Colaya isn't making this up. *Get's pitchfork*

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Kanto doesn't even have any good places worth sight seeing. Their power plant is over ran with wild pokemon.:ohwell:

As for Johto, you have surf and fun at the whirl islands. Historical places such as Brass Tower, Tin Tower and the Ruins of Alph.

Overall Johto > Kanto

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I am already on the AiB ladder but i have been doing incredibly crappy lol..

Also, Bored I never said Echo was good, I wasn't bragging about 2 stocking him, I was just saying that that was who i was playing. You don't have to be a douche about everything. -_-
Though none of my replays on there were against clan members, all 3 were against Echo(olimar main) lol but all of my clips are beast(2 as ike, 1 as ganon epic combo), the rest are..... meh.
Your clips wern't beast. Combat walking to D-tilt and what not is old news bro. That was just super awful DI on his part. Second clip was okay, nothing special. Don't remember the Ganon one. Also, I'm not being a douche if what I say is the truth. Echo is just not good. Because he isn't good, that made your combos even less worthy. Would it make you feel better if I gave you a sit down pep-talk and said, "Son...this Echo player is just not very good"?

Seriously, that whole video is totally flawed. At least have competent people getting their *** handed to them. I know these things are for entertainment, but it's also entertaining to know that you are doing these things against average to good players. I'm not gonna go around using montage clips (unless they were really out there + fresh) on scrubs that I can 2-3 stock with a broken thumb. Just not fun to watch. I'd rather replace Echo with another Olimar main like Denti. At least he's a competent user and has improved over the course of time I've played him.

And if for some reason, Echo, if you are reading this, you shouldn't be put down from this. I'm not telling you to stop playing, I'm telling you to try and improve. Get some better competition to play with consistently, and you should take a few steps forward. Slaps is a perfect example.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If I showed Bored my combo vid, he'd **** on it pretty badly then ;-;
I think I remember playing an Olimar main named Denti on the wifi ladder...

Jan 17 12:00 AM Denti Win +33 5 Ike's Fairs ***** my oli.. 0.o a pikmin was on him, he hit the pikmin, the attack lagged enough to hit me after my air dodge 0.o

:D

He seriously knew what Pikmin to use and orders them when necessary, I was amazed at that.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Dude, that A2 guy LOVES to talk about how bad Ike is, he's worst than Inui when it comes to talking about Ike, like seriously.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom