• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
LV 9 CPUS do it to me all the time, but usually they would dash backwards, cancel the dash into a pivot whatever. A LV 9 MK dashed just out of my jab range, pivoted, and proceeded to d-tilt me.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well that's doing a pivot whatever. Useful, of course, but the way Colaya described it signified to me doing a move in the same direction as the run itself.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh, yeah... Based on the way Overswarm was describing it in the podcast, it sounds like you're still facing forward. I dunno though. He said it was something completely new... If it was already known about, I think Marth mains would've found the grab-release fsmash on Metaknight. :/

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Red X ***** today,got 17th
and beat dpch in losers,making him last lmao

dude's ike is 2gud:p

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
13th
lost to bizkit
was close tho:(.......
if i had won that,i woulda faced mblaze next,i 2-3 stocked him so many times in friendlies >_<

almost had 7th!!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Amazing job getting 13th after losing in winners so early.

I don't understand how Cyber, a Sonic that got 3 stocked Ryko's Ike and also got 3 stocked by Kim on wifi, got 13th....lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
17th is....meh, I wish I could get better at a faster rate.
How'd you do?
Stop playing aggro, fancy, or w/e the hell you are doing and play smart.

13th
lost to bizkit
was close tho:(.......
if i had won that,i woulda faced mblaze next,i 2-3 stocked him so many times in friendlies >_<

almost had 7th!!
Friendlies mean nothing. So many people sandbag + do things they would never do in tourny.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't play fancy in tournament matches against known players lol
Well, aggro in general is not the answer for Ike in tourny. I used to be aggro and it didn't work. In any case, you might be struggling, because your general approaches are the same for the majority of your opponents.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Wasn't aggro either, I literally didn't approach in any of my matches, I just punished whatever they threw at me accordingly.

It was most likely my habits getting *****, spotdodging to be specific.

Also, what stages should Ike bring DK to?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Stop playing aggro, fancy, or w/e the hell you are doing and play smart.

Friendlies mean nothing. So many people sandbag + do things they would never do in tourny.
no,you shoulda seen him
he was getting pretty frustrated lol

@red
he got an easy bracket

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol cyber isnt even good. at all, but maybe hes just better at certain non-ike matchups.

ike is honestly a pretty goofy matchup for most characters, since you fight him the same way you would fight other slow powerhouse character, but then he has one of the best and fastest close quarters moves in the game. so fighting him can be really awkward.

and than theres the fact that fighting sonic is also really weird, which explains why cyber beats people when hes not good.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

This is completely unscientific but from personal experience I like PS1 against Donkey Kong.

Not that the Donkey Kong I play sometimes is amazing or anything but I feel like I do better there.

17th is still nice, though. Good job beating dark.pch. Congrats to both of you.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wasn't aggro either, I literally didn't approach in any of my matches, I just punished whatever they threw at me accordingly.

It was most likely my habits getting *****, spotdodging to be specific.

I didn't say you should camp >_> and not approach, but w/e, you gotta figure this out on your own.

Stages for DK? Anything to get him off stage, and do a reverse aether kill. Match should be over in less than 2 mins.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
@bored
._.

btw,me and ryko dont go together well in team friendlies

i felt that i pissed him off lol:(

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think being too aggro has been part of my problem lately.
I mean, look at the two people I ever practice with.
Khaoz = super aggro Sonic. Espy is aggro in a hit-and-run sort of way. Khaoz runs... but toward you every time.
Takeurlife = one of the most aggro Marths you'll ever see. It's almost goofy. He's really good, just aggro.

Majority of our games are done in 3-4 minutes.
I need to work on a patience game. And I need to focus on WHEN to attack as much as WHERE to attack. I think my skill has been slipping in that category for a few months now-- minus the Diddy match-up.
This + inputs (AKA warming up before tourney T_T) + timing are where I need to improve.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
When I played Boku with Ike in a GB match a long while ago, it came super close, but it sucked. I jabbed like crazy because he would spindash>upb me and if I slipped he'd grab me and do whatever... he had a crazy sonic. I'm not good at that match-up at all. :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think being too aggro has been part of my problem lately.
I mean, look at the two people I ever practice with.
Khaoz = super aggro Sonic. Espy is aggro in a hit-and-run sort of way. Khaoz runs... but toward you every time.
Takeurlife = one of the most aggro Marths you'll ever see. It's almost goofy. He's really good, just aggro.

Majority of our games are done in 3-4 minutes.
I need to work on a patience game. And I need to focus on WHEN to attack as much as WHERE to attack. I think my skill has been slipping in that category for a few months now-- minus the Diddy match-up.
This + inputs (AKA warming up before tourney T_T) + timing are where I need to improve.
The general game for Sonic is to be aggro. Rack up that damage and camp if time gets low. That's how Espy does it. Sonic camping isn't really a good thing since his speed allows him to rush in when the player sees an opening.

No comment on the Marth.

Austin community...while friendlies are always random shenanigans, has taught me a lot of things on when to approach and when not to. I've come to have a good balance overall, depending on who I play.

Now if only I could get the IC match up down.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
@Red

You should just play around with your style until you find something that suits you. It's really nothing you can learn by reading up on it, to be honest.

Play until it works. Everyone will develop something unique. Uniqueness leads to diversity!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
@Red

You should just play around with your style until you find something that suits you. It's really nothing you can learn by reading up on it, to be honest.

Play until it works. Everyone will develop something unique. Uniqueness leads to diversity!
I'm currently trying that by attempting to play how San thinks >.>

Apparently, I got 17th out of 51 O_o

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
see how much better you play when you don't do your fancy stuff and stay on stage lol :p

btw ggs in our MM
jab into uptilt is dumb

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'm one of those players that do ridiculous stuff in friendlies, I'm obviously gonna be playing more careful in tournies now >.> I just need to figure out how to get rid of my habits+learn some more stuff.

GnW's UpB makes me scared ****less when I'm recovering =(

EDIT: looooooooooooool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wxSc8JoCc&feature=sub
A few characters can now infinite Diddy using one banana+footstools.
Ike happens to be one of the characters that do this.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Ask Slaps about the match-up. He did what I always say, and he beat Hylian, lawlawlawlawlawl.
Dude my memory is so horrible from when i played Hylian. You should have no problem beating him since you're soooo smart and all knowing about the matchup.

From what i remember, I preferred playing his ICs on a flat stage. He only went ICs in first and third match, but the first match was on lylat and i got completely wrecked mostly due to me hating the stage lol. I felt much more comfortable with the matchup when we played on SV. I know it sounds weird and stupid but it just feels like a flat stage gives ICs less approaching options. From what I know most ICs approach with full/short hop to the spinning move because if last hit hits you it has knockback. Blizzard wall which you can space a Fair and still hit him which managed to work for me. There are other approaches involving desyncing like Ice blocks and other weird combinations of attacks. But otherwise it is pretty basic, just watch what you're doing, make sure whatever move you use the ending lag doesn't give ICs an opening to grab you. (Nair, Fair, Jab) Nair and Fair are mostly defense against IC approaches, Jab is if they are up close just make sure you don't get shield grabbed. Once they are separated, the decision is up to you on how to destroy them. (Eruption, Fair, Bair, Dair, Uair, Usmash, Dsmash maybe, Jab some more) It is all up to you.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
For all intents and purposes, just dont throw hitboxes at me if youre on my team. I work under the assumption that my partner, unless he knows it's a bigger gain than loss, is not going to smack me around and continue my opponent's strings

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Calm yourself. I'm only joking around. I know you were having an off day.
But I'll go for a buck or two for the sake of moneymatching anyhow. 2/3?
I'm calm. Just saw an opportunity to make some money.

And I would rather just play friendlies if you only want to MM for 1/2$ At least make it $5 otherwise it's really not worth it.

Dude my memory is so horrible from when i played Hylian. You should have no problem beating him since you're soooo smart and all knowing about the matchup.

From what i remember, I preferred playing his ICs on a flat stage. He only went ICs in first and third match, but the first match was on lylat and i got completely wrecked mostly due to me hating the stage lol. I felt much more comfortable with the matchup when we played on SV. I know it sounds weird and stupid but it just feels like a flat stage gives ICs less approaching options. From what I know most ICs approach with full/short hop to the spinning move because if last hit hits you it has knockback. Blizzard wall which you can space a Fair and still hit him which managed to work for me. There are other approaches involving desyncing like Ice blocks and other weird combinations of attacks. But otherwise it is pretty basic, just watch what you're doing, make sure whatever move you use the ending lag doesn't give ICs an opening to grab you. (Nair, Fair, Jab) Nair and Fair are mostly defense against IC approaches, Jab is if they are up close just make sure you don't get shield grabbed. Once they are separated, the decision is up to you on how to destroy them. (Eruption, Fair, Bair, Dair, Uair, Usmash, Dsmash maybe, Jab some more) It is all up to you.
Lylats a horrible stage for IC's and I've played on it a total of two times with IC's in my entire brawl career lol. Just because you did better on smashville doesn't mean it's a better stage for you. I grabbed you a total of 8 times in our last game. I finished 0 of the cgs. Normally I don't mess the cg's up and stages like SV are much easier to grab people on than Lylat.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I'm calm. Just saw an opportunity to make some money.

And I would rather just play friendlies if you only want to MM for 1/2$ At least make it $5 otherwise it's really not worth it.

Lylats a horrible stage for IC's and I've played on it a total of two times with IC's in my entire brawl career lol. Just because you did better on smashville doesn't mean it's a better stage for you. I grabbed you a total of 8 times in our last game. I finished 0 of the cgs. Normally I don't mess the cg's up and stages like SV are much easier to grab people on than Lylat.
How is 1-2$ not worth it IF THERE IS NO CHANCE OF LOSING?!!?!?!? :confused:

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Dude i don't know. Just I felt more comfortable playing on Smashville rather than Lylat. Smashville is my favorite stage. I do understand that out of the 8 grabs i should have been screwed. But if one of those grabs were successful in killing me then the entire out come of the match could have changed. I might have realized that i need to watch out more and played differently. One small change can change everything. But we can play at Phase 6 dude, I don't want to get into any arguments, I am not saying I am better then you or vice versa. But I look forward to playing you again at Phase 6 =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom