• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I don't look up to other Ikes no more tbh(with the exception of San cuz he's in NY and he just destroys me) lol I suck.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Pokemon is long overdone now. Got stupid after the first season.
Same with Digimon. What do they do now? Speed dial a digivolve?
Same with the other random series in YuGiOh. Freakin dueling while racing on motorcycles wtf?
Penta, gtfo.
Let's go back to the old school disney cartoons. Not this suite life of zack and cody ****.
Well, the Pokemon anime ALWAYS sucked. It was always about the games, which are still fun to play.

Digimon.... Well... The first two seasons were nice.... And I also enjoyed that one season where the people themselves digivolved into the Digimon...

As for Yugioh.... Yeah, the motorcycles are kinda of ridiculous, but.... Hell, the first season was all about an ancient Egyptian pharaoh possessing a kid playing a trading card game to save the world. Doesn't THAT seem pretty ridiculous? Besides, the motorcycle battles don't even play that big of a part in the show anyway. I've seen a few episodes of Yugioh 5D, and it's decent...

I agree with you though. Those Zack and Cody shows suck BALLZ. A lot of the channels are going to crap.... Wtf is Cartoon Network thinking putting shows on the air that AREN'T cartoons? Hell, it's called CARTOON NETWORK.

And don't even get me started about when they canceled Toonami....

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Pokemon is long overdone now. Got stupid after the first season.
Same with Digimon. What do they do now? Speed dial a digivolve?
Same with the other random series in YuGiOh. Freakin dueling while racing on motorcycles wtf?
Penta, gtfo.
Let's go back to the old school disney cartoons. Not this suite life of zack and cody ****.
Red-X worships me.
Mr. Doom is in search for Mrs. Doom.
In reality, Yagami ain't every light...he's dark.
That is all.
This is all true and I support you on it =D
And don't even get me started about when they canceled Toonami....
OMG!!! I loved Toonami, that spaceman dude was so wierd lol.

Ugh I feel like **** right now I hope this doesn't affect my gameplay too much today. =\ wish me luck guys ill tell you guys about it later tonight or tomorrow.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Anyone here watched MegaMan NT Warrior back when it was on?

The first season was good. The second seasons they got "kill but bring back" happy. And then the seasons after that....ugh. And they butchered the names from the game.

MetalMan = HeavyMetalMan
FireMan = TorchMan
ColorMan = WackoMan
Dr.Wily = Mr.Wily
Gospel (Organization) = Grave
Gospel (Giant Dog) = Grave Virus Beast

Need I go on?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ugh I feel like **** right now I hope this doesn't affect my gameplay too much today. =\ wish me luck guys ill tell you guys about it later tonight or tomorrow.
How do you feel like ****? On the day of tourny? Upset stomach? Johnning? Like Niddo (see San Antonio Thread)?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Me and my friend were supposed to go to a MTG prerelease tourney but has the stomach flu, thats stupid. I thought the same thing "how can you feel sick on the day of a tourney?"

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Gotta take it.

Even if you weren't going to college I might recommend you take it to keep your options open.

Hmm okay then. I went through the practice one a few times and it seems legitly hard. lolol I'm game for the Math portion though, like I said. What was that about something not counting for anything that Cross was talking about?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Bored took the liberty of reminding me about you guys via Facebook, so I decided to drop in.

I haven't been around for weeks cause I don't play Brawl competitively anymore, I've lurked here a few times but haven't really thought of much to say. I got my XBox back and so I've gotten hooked on a bunch of games for that again... I guess you could say Brawl was just a temp game to hold me over until I got a new XBox.

I may still lurk and post here once in awhile, but I'll do some shout-outs real quick, since I may also not be coming back... or at least not posting.

Brett, you were my first friend on the Ike boards and I learned a lot from you. WiFi friendlies were always a blast, even if the lag was lamesauce. Keep repping Ike, I have a feeling you can be one of the best (if you aren't already, it's been awhile).

Bored, you're definitely the most like-able douchebag I've ever met. I don't really have to tell you to never stop being awesome, cause it's not likely to happen.

Niddo, mah Canadian home boi. You post here too much, but that's probably a good thing. You're back to being the only Canadian Ike main here, step up that game and rep hard eh?

Slaps, always had fun matches with you, Ike and Ganon dittos. Still have quite a few replays from our fights. Break TVs all day dude.

San, I still never got to play you, which sucks, but I learned a lot from watching your videos and stuff; I actually kind of adopted your jumpy play-style, and it worked really well for me.

Kimchi, when I first saw some of your posts here I was like "wow this guy's dead serious", but then the xat happened. You know what it is I speak of.

Kirk, you were my idol for a long time until you were a douche and didn't accept my friend request :( Lol, I kid, I kid. Seriously though, you're awesome, I've watched your combo video like ten times. It has the best editing/clips/music ever.

Palpi, lololol I took your place as a senior critic. The timing of that was bad though cause I quit competitive Brawl like a couple weeks after earning that position.

Metroid, never got to talk to you too much, but I guess now I'll just be lurking with you. Bored won't be calling me out. He'll try. But he won't.

Benji, lolnewguy. You aren't that new anymore though, cool to see you're fitting in here. Good luck as an Ike main in the future, rep hard.

To anyone I forgot... uuuh... I'm no good at generalized messages so I'll just end it here since most of you probably don't care and won't be reading this wall of text anyways :chuckle:

tl;dr... I'm outta here. Final sign-off with Nidoking.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Even if you no longer play Brawl, do try to post here at times!

But if you are dead set on leaving then I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Thanks Light, I forgot to do a shout-out for you :embarrass I do have a ton of respect for you as an Ike player and as a person.

I just have one last thing to add, and I might as well say it here.

I'm still a Smash Debater. Like wtf; I haven't posted there since last summer. In fact I've hardly posted anywhere but here since last summer; Ike boards has been SWF for me. I'm gonna have to come back and check up on it once in awhile to see if they ever remove me.

:034:

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Thanks Nysyarc!... but I think I'm still a newbie here regardless.

It's too hard for me to rep Ike without many offline opportunities. idk if I can do it any longer

EDIT: Come back and post and stuff anyway. We shouldn't care that you're BRBing on brawl.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

Slaps, Break TVs all day dude.
I have just reached heaven =D I now have permission to break **** =D
How do you feel like ****? On the day of tourny? Upset stomach? Johnning? Like Niddo (see San Antonio Thread)?
I had a horrible night trying to get to sleep, and it was just taking me a while to wake up in the morning. Once I took a shower before heading over to the venue I was hyped up and ready to go. Only issue i had toward the beginning of the tourney was adjusting to the lack of lag. I played so much wifi in the last 2 months since phase 4 that I had to adjust myself to offline a bit. But thanks to the help of Brett I got it down before singles started, he even has a vid of us in ike dittos and me raging due to the super gayness of what happened lol.

I did amazing at Phase 5, the best I have ever done, I placed 9th out of around 48. I even beat Hylian and had people flipping out over it. I lost to Bwett and Phoenix Alpha. I will post full story on my long epic journey later but for now I am tired and wanna sleep lol.

EDIT: Brawl- is the most lulzy game on the face of the planet. It seriously is hilarious! OMG!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Mehhhhh, most disappointing tourney ever? I believe so. I advanced a few times, but only got 17th out of 48. I dunno. I FINALLY got a good bracket and I tossed it away with a **** ton of flubbed inputs. I believe Slaps can vouch for me. In each of the matches I lost, I was ahead in game 3 by a fair margin.. and just... apparently didn't press the buttons I thought I did.
Blah.
BTW, Slaps, you're welcome. TJ apparently told you everything about the ICs match-up. Everything he told you is exactly how I **** his ICs.
Oh and you're also welcome for adjusting you to the non-lag of offline. The only games I felt like I played well in were friendlies against vaious Diddys and that one I have saved of us.

BTW NYSYARC--
=[[[[[[[[[[[[
but thanks for the shoutout. =]

Ughhh. I feel terrible. I saw my bracket through and know I could have gotten at least 7th place, quite realistically without it being a stretch. Time to go to sleep discouraged and disappointed about the sets I should have won.

Actually, no.
I'm going to go to sleep thinking about Zelda in Brawl-. Zelda- is SEXY.
But Wario- is a ****.
But Zelda- is still freaking smexy. I'ma be a Zelda- metagame pioneer.

zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzz

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Slaps > Brett?! I knew it.

Slaps training under 10x lag, so when he plays offline, he's super fast.

Slaps is better at the IC matchup then I am.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

I knew that was coming. Yes, after like a year of tourneys, Slaps out-placed me for the first time. I'd still rather think of him in a way my replay reflects, though. Getting *****. Lol. But nah, he got a lot better. I mean, I actually had to warm up and think a little to beat him. I have to stop taking these unintentional breaks from Smash. Slaps be catchin' up. And Mr Doom be leavin' me in the dust. And I can't input a simple running Usmash.. even once out of 3 times when it'll win the set any of those times. =[

Blargh. Zelda-. I'd do her if my girlfriend would let me.

Speaking of girlfriend, we must have some intense bond or something. We're in different places this weekend and we both got sick sometime between last night (her) and this morning (me).
Either that or it's possible to have mono twice.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I believe Slaps can vouch for me. In each of the matches I lost, I was ahead in game 3 by a fair margin.. and just... apparently didn't press the buttons I thought I did.
Blah.
BTW, Slaps, you're welcome. TJ apparently told you everything about the ICs match-up. Everything he told you is exactly how I **** his ICs.
Oh and you're also welcome for adjusting you to the non-lag of offline. The only games I felt like I played well in were friendlies against vaious Diddys and that one I have saved of us.

Actually, no.
I'm going to go to sleep thinking about Zelda in Brawl-. Zelda- is SEXY.
But Wario- is a ****.
But Zelda- is still freaking smexy. I'ma be a Zelda- metagame pioneer.
This is all true, except i went to sleep thinking about Ganon- since he is amazing lol.Dude TJ obviously isn't the same level ICs as Hylian so both could have a different approach to the MU. TJ told me what I pretty much already knew, stay safe, Nair, Fair, Jab, and take no risks. I just happened to hit stuff perfectly like i would always space a Fair to always hit if he tried approaching with Blizzard or sideB. In this matchup honestly I prefered a flat stage since if he were to approach it would be obvious.

I need to step it up at HOBO 22. Dojo (MK) sent me to losers and UTD Zac (G&W) eliminated me.
You said you wanted a very challenging bracket. I guess you got it. I still believe you and Holmes should have beaten Foursaken+bear

This is all true =D lol.
Why do you say I am better at IC matchup? Have you lost to Hylian?
I knew that was coming. Yes, after like a year of tourneys, Slaps out-placed me for the first time. I'd still rather think of him in a way my replay reflects, though. Getting *****. Lol. But nah, he got a lot better. I mean, I actually had to warm up and think a little to beat him. I have to stop taking these unintentional breaks from Smash. Slaps be catchin' up.
Dude you have been to sooooo many more tourneys then me Brett, this may be the first time I placed higher than you, but at most tourneys both of us are at we usually end up with the same placing and sometimes you would be higher. But thanks for good comments Brett, I believe you could have done better if it weren't for the messed up button inputs. I had my fair share of Fail as well, Brett can tell you how close Me vs. Phoenix Alpha's matches went. Rediculous! lol

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice slaps. Maybe I should think about ganon before my next tourney XD.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
san beat DMbrandon's MK in a (friendly) set yesterday,

he also SHOULD have beaten Shadow's MK, he won on the neutral and then acted like a ****** and counterpicked jungle japes. like wtf is wrong with you?

he also obliterated a bunch of people in friendlies.

we should have done better in teams, we need to practice because the sonic/ike team just has no synergy for some reason, I ended up going wolf for most of our matches. we did ok, we beat the people we were supposed to beat, and we should have won some of the ones we lost.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
Why do you say I am better at IC matchup? Have you lost to Hylian?l
I remember lurking back in my day, and Bored complaining about ICs. Maybe he just sucks against them.

I suck against Lucario. Curse his long lasting roll.

Edit: I doubt Nysyarc is gonna read this, but it wouldn't hurt to post here often just for chat's sake. Not like this thread is used much for actual in game discussion.

Edit 2: Brett, that Zelda fetish sounds a bit creepy.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ok, for some serious Ike discussion:

For characters that like to stay on the ledge by ledge hopping and/or attacking from underneath the ledge, how good are:

Ftilt (angled down) and Fair? I don't know how far the hitbox extends downward for it to hit opponents, even though I've always used it and believed to be effective at least a little bit.

Fair: This is the move I usually spam vs people hanging at the ledge. The hitbox seems to extend slightly below him diagonally downwards:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ymtyr8.gif

I usually spam fair against people on the ledge and can easily hit people without invincibility frames hanging at the ledge. It also doesn't leave enough time for most characters to punish you.

Ftilt can also do a lot of these things, although I think it leaves more time to be punished (not entirely sure)
http://i38.tinypic.com/1446vk6.gif

Palpi

Smash Hero
You have hit my MK when i dropped lower to continue my plank before. I would say fair is good. You have gotten me with some dash attack right next to the ledge sometimes too.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
All of Ike's options for hitting below the ledge from the stage:

Fair, Ftilt, Fsmash, Reverse Usmash, Dtilt, Dsmash, Dair, Eruption, Full Jab Combo, Dash Attack, Nair

How I would rank them:

Fair, Ftilt, Dtilt, Dair, Dash Attack, Fsmash, Eruption, Nair (very small bit can actually hit them), Reverse Usmash, Dsmash, Full Jab Combo

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
so i guess the only way ike is beating MK is if you play them at 1am when they're uber tired lulz ;P

haha jk...good shet san.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I would say you are underestimating Eruption quite a bit, Niddo.

My preferred method of using Eruption is to full hop it towards the edge so by the time you actually hit the ground you are past the charge frame. This means that you have, on command, 6 frames until super armor activates. The sword plunge hits past the automatic ledge grab range for several characters. I've managed to hit Marth out of a perfectly sweetspotted Dolphin Slash with Eruption on a fairly regular basis. So really if they are fooling around on the ledge just go near it and full hop or double jump and begin using Eruption. If you mistime it (rare but it happens) you take a little bit of damage. The reward for landing the Eruption is generally higher.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eruption is a beauty against Squirtle's recovery. If you time it right, it is guaranteed to hit him. You can sit there charging it a good amount, which can pretty much kill Squirtle anywhere from 60-100 damage.

Everytime I do it against my friend (Zigsta: A PT Main), I yell "FIRE BEATS WATER"

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, I never thought trolling would be so fun. I trolled the St. Louis livestream like no other. So fun...

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Niddo you can hit them if they are hanging on the ledge with a regular Usmash you just gotta be closer to ledge i think, i have done it before.

Also here is my story from Phase 5 bracket =D

Unfortunately for me I was one of the select few to NOT get a bye. I started off playing Kovu (Snake), he was ok but i didn't really think of it to be THAT big of a challenge, a little spammy on Ftilts, Brett can tell you since he played him in losers bracket. The funniest thing was when he CPed Frigate, he was on his last stock and got knocked off stage at a low % and when he used his upB to recover he went under the stage. So he kept C4ing to get back up and so i went for a spike one time but failed so while i was aethering back up he was blowing himself up and my aether caught him and sent him back down so that was a lulzy free 80% lol.

Next I had to play PhoenixAlpha (Lucas), he is an amazing Lucas I gotta admit, the first game was on PS1 and I started off the game ****** his first stock. But then he started making a comeback all of a sudden, he ended up winning at 175%, he seriously had the most amazing DI ever. So I CPed Smashville I believe. That game went to the last stock when we traded hits, my Fair and his Uair, but mine was stronger and killed him. Round 3 I am not sure on, I could have sworn it was frigate but I don't remember =\. That game as well went to the last stock but he ended up winning that very epic and close set. One thing that bugged me was the last hit of Lucas' Jab combo kept poking through my shield and hitting me. =[

Soooo I was sent to losers, it was a little early and i was a little worried about how I would do. My next match was against WEB (G&W) a first time tourney player so it wasn't too hard, he mostly approached with Dair->Dsmash but I just shielded both hits of the Dair and then jabbed etc.

After that I had to wait a while since Bear was doing teams so the other side of losers where i was took forever to get done. But when they finally were done I had to play C (Snake). This dude was decent, he was a pretty good Snake, all games went to the last stock but i just ended up winning. First game was on Smashville, and second was on Halberd, both games I won so I then moved on again.

Then I had to play Chaotic (PIT). Now this guy was incredibly annoying! Seriously! He spent half the match on the ledge shooting arrows and the other half of the match a distance away from me shooting arrows. It was annoying, but i got around it by shielding/perfect shielding his arrows and getting close to jab. He DIed jab up so after jab kick i could just hold A and the kick would miss and rejab him.=D I went to game 3 against him, first game on Smashville/Final D (i can't remember), I won. Second game on Frigate which i barely lost.=[ I believe I took him to Smashville last game which I won.=D The only thing I hated about this guy was the fact that whenever I was at 0% he would always go for a grab so he could do Fthrow->Fsmash it was gay lol.

Then was my biggest challenge... Hylian... At first I was kind of freaking out because I wanted to get G&W for the matchup and spam Bair since i hate ICs but then I decided to just tough it out with Ike. First match ended up on Lylat, he 2 stocked me with ICs. Second match I CPed Brinstar and he switched to MK but i still ended up winning. Third match I banned FD and he took me to SV with ICs and I managed to avoid grabs well enough to defeat him, I can't remember much specifics from the matches really lol.

Then for my final game I had to play Bwett (Diddy). I was meaning to play him in serious friendlies at that tourney so i could get help with Diddy match up but i never got to it=[. First game was on SV I think, I have trouble remembering. It went to the last stock but he ended up winning. Second match I CPed Brinstar and it was close. I was on my last stock, Bwett had 2 stocks left, I managed to somehow combo him to hit the lava and then while he was high up I hit him with a Uair to take him out at about 60% so then we both were on our last stock. I managed to get a streak of hits and then both of us were in our 100s. We both ended up getting hit by the lava at the same time, both of us went flying, I tried to Bair immediately but it wasn't fast enough!(i also believe tilt stick contributed to it not coming out) His Uair hit me beforee the Bair came out =[. So yeah that was my epic journey in the Phase 5 singles bracket =D.

Other interesting things:
1. Ness/Lucas grab release to jab is NOT a 100% guarantee! Mr. Doom tried to tell me it is but i told him he was wrong considering the fact that while playing PhoenixAlpha I tried to do it and some of the times he was released out of my jab range!
2. On the Rainbow Cruise ship, Ike's Ftilt if angled upwards can hit through the ship cabin and pokes through to hit someone standing up there if they happen to be up there. This also works on some of the stage formations for Delfino (I forgot which ones)
3. Fair can sometimes be used to stage spike if you jump from the stage, facing the stage, and Fair someone recovering. Trust me, I did it to Brett =D lol

EDIT: YagamiLight! You want to team with me at World Hobo 2 for Low Tier Doubles?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Holy **** you beat Hylian? I am so gonna harass Hylian about this until he retires. Good stuff Slaps. Really proud of you.

Brett, gtfo. You are worst Ike in TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom