• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I expect to place third in low tier doubles...nothing worse...Brett you can place 5th if you want. Results will look like this...

1st: Team A
2nd: Team B
3rd: Team C + Bored
4th. Team D
5th: Brett

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, Xyro/Lee are teaming. They are going to win.

I'm teaming with Gnes.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
what about me hylian? we where supposed to team for 17 :(

edit: bored who are you teaming with that you seem to confident lol?
I'm teaming with Brett, and it's not that I'm confident in the fact we are gonna do well due to our skill, it's more of the fact on how people seem to struggle in low tier doubles...not many people main or practice with low tier characters, so the pool of people who can win is really small.

The only people I'm concerned about are...

Magik = PT
Lee Martin = Ike
Xyro = Samus
Bwett = Yoshi
Inui = Ike
Phantom X = Ganon

Also, I'm sure that the elite players like Gnes or Dojo practice sometimes with a low tier char.

But yea, given those names, and the results from last HOBO low tier doubles...that's why I'm feelin confident we can get into top 5 for sure.

If this fails, I'm gonna start playing doubles with Phantom X...Ike + Ganon = Profit?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Come to HOBO, Inui is coming along with Lee Martin most likely...Ike fest.
I'm already going lol but i don't care about ike fests. I enjoy dittos every once in a while but i'm going there to actually do good this time so I won't be going all ike as well and if I do I'm not going to approach because i get bored like on 17.

Also If a lot of people confirm for nokoast i might fly there

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Uh...yea you can...you just need a 12 pack of red bull, 12 pack of monster, a CD filled with some fitness trainer yelling inspirational cliche one liners at you, heavy metal music, and "speed".

And if you get pulled over for whatever reason, just tell the Cop, "Not now chief, I'm in the ****in zone".
^ This works. I tested it.

Except I had no music. And I didn't have a cop pull me over...but I did have a friend call me to go play basketball with them...and that was my response ^.

I just memorized 120+ medical terms for my quiz in two days. Plus I got my Physics homework, lab report, and other **** done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxC1gms_cFQ

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i won my match guys :D

where's ma hype?

Best ike Evah:smash:

LOL,just kidding:p
win your next match brett!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well. I told you I would outplace you even after forfeiting first round. So I'ma have to win this one. =P

Poor Zelda... she's almost knocked out of the tourney completely. =\

If I beat DLA's Ganon, Ike will still be the only character with no entrants knocked out. And it was already like that after I beat Swoops. INTENSE MOTIVATION. I'm playing DLA on either Saturday or Sunday.

(By the way, I AM keeping a list of all entrants, sorted by character, and crossing out names as they're eliminated. So at any time, I could tell you guys how many of each character is left.)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I looked the Ike guide, but I couldn't find any frame data. I only need one thing. How many start-up frames does his airdodge have? I would really appreciate if you could VM me instead of posting here because I'm doing a mass search of airdodge data.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm teaming with Brett, and it's not that I'm confident in the fact we are gonna do well due to our skill, it's more of the fact on how people seem to struggle in low tier doubles...not many people main or practice with low tier characters, so the pool of people who can win is really small.

The only people I'm concerned about are...

Magik = PT
Lee Martin = Ike
Xyro = Samus
Bwett = Yoshi
Inui = Ike
Phantom X = Ganon

Also, I'm sure that the elite players like Gnes or Dojo practice sometimes with a low tier char.

But yea, given those names, and the results from last HOBO low tier doubles...that's why I'm feelin confident we can get into top 5 for sure.

If this fails, I'm gonna start playing doubles with Phantom X...Ike + Ganon = Profit?
You might wan to add VEX(best bower in the USA).
Gnes has a GREAT ness and his bowser is not bad either.
Dojo's falcon is probably the BEST in the state.

add them 3 to your list. btw, double ike is SICK! Good choice. also, Xyro wants to play u. We have not played before, right?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You might wan to add VEX(best bower in the USA).
Gnes has a GREAT ness and his bowser is not bad either.
Dojo's falcon is probably the BEST in the state.

add them 3 to your list. btw, double ike is SICK! Good choice. also, Xyro wants to play u. We have not played before, right?
Yea, I forgot to list Vex even though I mentioned him earlier...my fault. Can't say anything about Gnes' Ness and Dojo's Falcon though. Only good Falcon I know is Ally's.

And you're right, we haven't played before.

Palpi

Smash Hero
1. Kai - Sonic ($45.00)
2. DugFinn (Inui) - Ike ($22.50)
3. Zucco - Ness ($7.50)
4. Shadow - Ness/PT
5. ADHD - Jiggly Puff
5. Pride - Yoshi
7. Juice - PT
9. Izumi - Jiggly Puff
9. Chibo - Sonic
9. Palpi - Ike
9. Ryoko - Zelda
13. Ebo - PT
13. AK - Bowser
13. Melo - Ness

Low tier results at my tourney. I think I could've got atleast 7 considering I DQ'd myself for having to pick someone up at the train station, then I won in loser's and lost to zucco's ness which is reallly good. but oh well! :)

There was no low-tier doubles.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I am the first Ike out of the low tier tourney. =[
I wasn't thinking during my matches-- had other things going through my mind (girl johns) and I fell for some dumb stuff that I saw coming.

DLA's good, though.

On the bright side, I don't have to make the extreme effort to try and take Wifi seriously now. =D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I am the first Ike out of the low tier tourney. =[
I wasn't thinking during my matches-- had other things going through my mind (girl johns) and I fell for some dumb stuff that I saw coming.

DLA's good, though.

On the bright side, I don't have to make the extreme effort to try and take Wifi seriously now. =D
**** Brett, how many times do I have to tell you? It's "I fight for my friends" not "I fight for my girlfriend".

Well on the plus side, HOBO is only a week away, and you need to get wifi out of your system.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So... I kinda quit Brawl for a few months cuz I got bored of playing it and thought it was pretty gay....

Then I went to a gaming night at my college, and I went to check it out. After playing various games, I saw that they were playing Brawl in the corner of the room. I went over to check it out and the people there asked me if I wanted to enter the tournament. I hadn't played played it in months, but it was free entry and I thought "Eh, why not? It could be fun."

Well, needless to say I won it pretty soundly. (JV 5-stocked my first opponent) Then again, half of them mained Captain Falcon, and the other half mained or seconded Pit. One person there was even trying to convince me that Pit was the best character in the game and was banned in every tournament since the game came out.

Well... Even though they aren't that great, they're definitely not the worst players I've ever played. There's apparently a group here at college that plays regularly, and want me to play with them.

So yeah.... I guess I'm gonna start playing Brawl again, lol.

EDIT: So like, are there any actual Ike mains left? Or did everyone move to Snake/MK/Marth? lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So... I kinda quit Brawl for a few months cuz I got bored of playing it and thought it was pretty gay....

Then I went to a gaming night at my college, and I went to check it out. After playing various games, I saw that they were playing Brawl in the corner of the room. I went over to check it out and the people there asked me if I wanted to enter the tournament. I hadn't played played it in months, but it was free entry and I thought "Eh, why not? It could be fun."

Well, needless to say I won it pretty soundly. (JV 5-stocked my first opponent) Then again, half of them mained Captain Falcon, and the other half mained or seconded Pit. One person there was even trying to convince me that Pit was the best character in the game and was banned in every tournament since the game came out.

Well... Even though they aren't that great, they're definitely not the worst players I've ever played. There's apparently a group here at college that plays regularly, and want me to play with them.

So yeah.... I guess I'm gonna start playing Brawl again, lol.

EDIT: So like, are there any actual Ike mains left? Or did everyone move to Snake/MK/Marth? lol
Brett mains Marth now, Ren and Ryko main Snake, I main Ness, and Light mains IC. We just hang around now a days for fun. Oh and Kirk mains DDD. Unexpected!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Was ismar really laggy for you, too? Nice job! Ismar is pretty tough.

mario: nair his aerials, fair his fireballs.
Recovering: if he's far away, forward aether cause of FLUDD, if he's close, reverse aether.
If you think he's going to cape your aether, don't hold on the control stick. Sometimes I get reversed and sill make it back (especially when you're already reversed). I haven't been caped enough to know the surefire way to recover though.

Just some reminders not to forget about when playing one.

Are you playing box7 or something? Good luck, keep it up in winner's =)
I like to play marios.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, Ismar's connection really backfired him. I'm playing Hardgainer08, someone I played before.
He's a tough Mario. I always wished I could play him offline...back when I did play on wifi, Florida was my worst state to play against. Everyone in Florida seemed to lag....**** Florida.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
1. Kai - Sonic ($45.00)
2. DugFinn (Inui) - Ike ($22.50)
3. Zucco - Ness ($7.50)
4. Shadow - Ness/PT
5. ADHD - Jiggly Puff
5. Pride - Yoshi
7. Juice - PT
9. Izumi - Jiggly Puff
9. Chibo - Sonic
9. Palpi - Ike
9. Ryoko - Zelda
13. Ebo - PT
13. AK - Bowser
13. Melo - Ness

Low tier results at my tourney. I think I could've got atleast 7 considering I DQ'd myself for having to pick someone up at the train station, then I won in loser's and lost to zucco's ness which is reallly good. but oh well! :)

There was no low-tier doubles.
palpi, could you give me the link to those results? I keep all low tier results and make a graph with them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Here's another random idea we can mess around with, but in the end, never end up doing (Like the profile thing).

We should make a "card" per say for each of us. It can be one of those cards that has a statistic listed at each point...say for example...

Offense, Defense, Speed, Experience, Awesomeness

So those 5 points would form a pentagon, and according to how much of each statistic we carry, it would create a weird looking, 5 point design. Of course that's just an example, so the things listed above were nothing specific. Just food for thought since Ashu's has been dead for a while.

Or we can think about it for a while and throw it away like the profile card lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We haven't thrown away the profile thing. We just keep blowing it off for weeks at a time, lol. I'm sure we'll have at least a profile or two up by the end of the year.

EDIT:
If we include a "sexiness" category, I'm all for your idea.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Here's another random idea we can mess around with, but in the end, never end up doing (Like the profile thing).

We should make a "card" per say for each of us. It can be one of those cards that has a statistic listed at each point...say for example...

Offense, Defense, Speed, Experience, Awesomeness

So those 5 points would form a pentagon, and according to how much of each statistic we carry, it would create a weird looking, 5 point design. Of course that's just an example, so the things listed above were nothing specific. Just food for thought since Ashu's has been dead for a while.

Or we can think about it for a while and throw it away like the profile card lol.
But I would be the lowest rated in all of those categories, except for Awesomeness; which I win by looking like Jesus. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
But I would be the lowest rated in all of those categories, except for Awesomeness; which I win by looking like Jesus. :D
Facts are facts bro...and yes, you would easily obtain an "A" rating for the Jesus look. If anything else, you seem to have better knowledge than half the Ike mains here, so that's another plus.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Facts are facts bro...and yes, you would easily obtain an "A" rating for the Jesus look. If anything else, you seem to have better knowledge than half the Ike mains here, so that's another plus.
Yays?

I kinda have to be knowledgeable, other wise shouting at idiots who go like "lulz shield camping beats Ike" would be less effective. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom