• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingBr

Smash Cadet
Questions:

1 - while using tilt-stick, does it worth trying to SDI multiple hits atacks, like yoshi Dair? I mean, while trying to sdi, we have to tilt in one direction, return the direction stick to the neutral position and tilt it in that direction again. By the time the neutral stick is in neutral position, ike may get hit with no DI at all, so what is the best, try to SDI or just DI?

2 - Is there a good way to avoid suicidal moves like ganon's and king dedede's? Everytime I fight a friend of mine with those characters and start by losing a stock (or when there's just one stock left) Ihave to play really safe and can hardly get offstage. I was thinking about dtild against ganon, will it work?

3 - Does yoshi have super armor frames in his entire body while doing dair or can I spike him from above?

Palpi

Smash Hero
1. You don't have do with the C-stick. You can QCDI. This is when you use the control stick to "SDI."

Quarter Circle DI. The reason for the quarter circle is so you can quickly get as many inputs as possible to move in the direction you want to DI. "Up and away" You should be doing "up, up left, left, up left up" or same thing with right.

The problem with attack or tilt stick is that you lose the ability to SDI on c-stick. The more inputs you can get with the sticks, the better your SDI will be. This isn't a huge lose if you QCDI is good though.

2. Stay away from the edges. If you are running off stage for one of them, try saving a jump to more accurately position your self if you think he is going to try to ganon cide you.

3. I think he does...? Ask yoshi boards :D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yo guys. When aethering someone on battlefield or other stages with small platforms, try using it so it aether spikes them onto the platform and you go beneath it.

You can get time needed for a up-smash or even hit them after they roll, stand up, or get-up attack with an aerial. I don't know how well this would work, but it seems pretty cool :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have some good news and bad news.

Bad news: I was gone at a tourney the last couple days, so I'll have to forfeit to Kirk in the low Tier tourney. No big deal, lol.

Good news: I won the tourney going all Ike and got 2nd in doubles. 3-stocking JesiahTEG's snake on Delfino was fun =). Also had to play pikapika and other WNY people.

EDIT: (for some reason I can't bold anything)
Singles
1. Dekar (NM) Diddy
2. Yaz (UT) MK
3. X (UT) Sonic
4. Wobbles (AZ) Wario
5. Darklink (AZ) MK
5. Goldengloves (NM) DK
7. Kira (AZ) Rob/Pit
7. Sinz (UT) Snake
9. Jard (AZ) Snake
9. Zman (NM) Lucas
9. Duffman (ELP) Game and Watch
9. A/B (ELP) Snake/Ike

Nice Job A_B!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm not sure completely. I don't know if there have been any Links knocked out (there were some names I didn't recognize and they may have been substitutions, but I don't know)....

But IF there have been any Links knocked out,

we're the only character with no entrants knocked out heretofore.
=]

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Singles
1. Dekar (NM) Diddy
2. Yaz (UT) MK
3. X (UT) Sonic
4. Wobbles (AZ) Wario
5. Darklink (AZ) MK
5. Goldengloves (NM) DK
7. Kira (AZ) Rob/Pit
7. Sinz (UT) Snake
9. Jard (AZ) Snake
9. Zman (NM) Lucas
9. A/B (ELP) Snake/Ike

Nice Job A_B!
wasn't good enough though =\

Truth be told i wasn't at 100% this tournament though doubles lasted from like 3 till 9 and since it was a time change it ****ed everything up worse. I had 2 matches 1 against a MK which i was like super sand bagging lol. I probably died at 0 4 times during the set or under 50% for sure and still won.

Then i had to fight a snake which I realized i don't know the match up to anymore =\ still took it to last stock with ike but i was like wtf am I doing?

Then after that i had to wait like 4 hours to my next match because they decided to do all of the right side of the bracket first, so it was like super gay since in winners I wasn't in the smash mood then i got into it but i wasn't playing my matches.... I ended up beating 4 people in losers i think and then losing to a R.O.B. which i didn't know the match up to as well.

I beat forwards MK if that counts for anything (not with ike lol) but he is a melee guy who is just like good at brawl because some skill does transfer.

In crews i had to play a sonic first so i lost right away I told dekar i would be he didn't listen and sent me in anyways I could have done well against anyone else except that sonic. In the end we lost by like 4 stocks and i think that choice was a pretty big reason.

In doubles i got 5th with a partner i had for 30 minutes. I was supposed to be with duffman but neocell's partner ditched him and i said fine team with duffman since he was saying he wasn't going to go.

It was good but not enough =\

Huh...how far was this from El Paso?

And if I were there, I would have placed 0th.

A_B, you goin to HOBO? The Meta Legal HOBO? The Hobo with single low tiers? The HOBO that will have a bunch of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-zP047gg0&feature=related
4 hours lol texas is so dumb.... and I do want to go but its always up to other people if i can or not. I might buy a plane ticket on my own in a day or 2 if others say no.

Nice going San! Woot! :bee:
am I missing something here?

I can't use ike that well anymore, slapz is probably better than me :(

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
if i had won that rob match which i kind of blame on just being tired as well as lack of match up knowledge I would have done so much better my next match would have been a DK and then the MK or wario? which i was pretty confident in beating i had beaten both of them in doubles in the 1v1 situations (inui logic?) then i beat darklink in a MM later never got to play wobbles 1v1 though.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kirk.

I lurked around the Ganon boards a bit and read that you are an IRL friend of DLA?
He's my next match. Any tips on his play style? Just another really good Ganon?

By the way. We ARE the only character with no entrants eliminated yet. =D

Kirk

Smash Champion
You can see a few of his vids on the IllinoisBrawl youtube channel.

These come to mind...(all offline)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfkiDErHd4 - vs Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG0LH1FuFdQ - vs Ike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BYohxmi7A - vs Bowser

But as for online play, I do not have that experience...no idea how he plays on wifi lol.

All I can say is...he knows the Ike matchup(he plays with me a lot along with a few other Ikes in the area) and he knows his Ganon. Don't let your guard down. :o

metroid1117

Smash Master
I have some good news and bad news.

Bad news: I was gone at a tourney the last couple days, so I'll have to forfeit to Kirk in the low Tier tourney. No big deal, lol.

Good news: I won the tourney going all Ike and got 2nd in doubles. 3-stocking JesiahTEG's snake on Delfino was fun =). Also had to play pikapika and other WNY people.

EDIT: (for some reason I can't bold anything)
Singles
1. Dekar (NM) Diddy
2. Yaz (UT) MK
3. X (UT) Sonic
4. Wobbles (AZ) Wario
5. Darklink (AZ) MK
5. Goldengloves (NM) DK
7. Kira (AZ) Rob/Pit
7. Sinz (UT) Snake
9. Jard (AZ) Snake
9. Zman (NM) Lucas
9. A/B (ELP) Snake/Ike

Nice Job A_B!
Wow, great job to both of you guys. I think this is the first time in a very long while that an Ike has won a tournament... (sorry Bored, your tourney with college scrubs doesn't count :p)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, great job to both of you guys. I think this is the first time in a very long while that an Ike has won a tournament... (sorry Bored, your tourney with college scrubs doesn't count :p)
Haha, fair enough, and it's still going on z.z...it got post poned because we got kicked out of the room...and we've been doing the rest of the matches randomly.

Oh yea, which reminds me, does anyone remember Midnight Gaming Championship? It's a big event that comes around once a year I think and it's generally sponsored by McDonalds. Anyways, I know they are having brawl, and it's a nation wide kinda deal.

http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.com/schedules.php

Most of the dates have already passed, and I won't be able to show up for the Dallas one...but hey, if any of you guys could show, it'd be pretty tight.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kirk.

I lurked around the Ganon boards a bit and read that you are an IRL friend of DLA?
He's my next match. Any tips on his play style? Just another really good Ganon?

By the way. We ARE the only character with no entrants eliminated yet. =D
Kirk's match against him demonstrates a lot of "What not to do's" vs Ganon...especially against this one. If he plays similar online to how he plays offline then...

Space F-air: Yea on wifi it's gay, but if you're getting grabbed by Ganon, then your spacing sucks.

Don't try any fancy stuff with aether: Just do your best to get back on stage unless you are positive you can get the spike or damage. One D-air from him and you are dead.

Ganon's Up Air: It's a dangerous move, perfect example on how Kirk got killed in his first stock.

Don't Spot Dodge too much: He will punish you with D-Air. Like I said, stick with shield...his grab range sucks and try to read his Forward + B.

Forward + B: Take your time getting up. Ike can automatically take a jab I believe after the Forward +B so that's better than getting regrabbed by the F+B move or having him read you with D-air. Personally, just mix it up with rolling away and getting up with an attack.

Up-Smash: He didn't do this much or at all, but I know Phantom X's Ganon likes to use Up-Smash as bait. Up-Smash has virtually no cool down time...kinda like our N-air...so if he does it randomly or a small distance away from you, he's baiting you.

And that folks, is the Ganon match up LOL.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk's match against him demonstrates a lot of "What not to do's" vs Ganon...especially against this one. If he plays similar online to how he plays offline then...
He asked for how he plays Ganon, I provide videos showing it. My performance means nothing lol. At least it shows what Ganon can do to punish if you do something stupid. :p

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeh. I do that stuff too. Thanks for advice on Usmash. Swoops didn't use Usmash much.
I pretty much have the rest of that down.
I like to try and bait Ganon to use Side+B or Down+B. Ike's pivot grab stops both moves in their tracks. LOL, you know that, Bored.

Also, hey. I think the Ike Deliberation Council (which I only randomly found... not THAT long ago) is a little outdated...?
Palpi and I were talking about it. We kind of think there should be a few additions. If it's our backroom, why don't we keep it more.. current?

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Whats the criteria to get into the backroom?

This is not me asking to get in as I haven't even shown how good (read:BAD) I am.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Probably stuff along the lines of being knowledgeable, being good with Ike, being active in either tournaments or on the boards (Preferably Both).

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think I perform worse with Ike on wifi. Probably because I don't really take wifi that serious and I just get punish from faulty approaches xD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Now that I've started playing offline more I've gotten noticeably worse on WiFi. I'm losing to people who, judging by their actions, reactions and habits, I could most likely beat offline, but I can't beat them online anymore. The lag just gets to me too much now. It sucks, and yet I feel kind of glad that I'm being forced to move on.

I've got another big tournament coming up, it's a fundraiser for cancer. A lot of the players from the last tourney I was at will be there, along with likely a huge flood of scrubs. There are going to be other games at the tourney too, like CoD4, Rock Band, etc... I may also sign up for CoD4 even though I haven't played it or any other FPS for months.

:034:

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
hey guys i don't know if any of you know about this but yesterday i found this weird glitch on halberd, kind of like how G&W can go under the rock on Pirate ship... When the flying platform lands and you are on the immobile stage, you can aether at a weird spot underneath the lip of the stage and end up inside where the flying stage went which is like right below the normal level of the stage... you can short hop any attack and not come out of it, you can even hit someone on the platform above with a good Nair/Fair. I will post a video up of it soon but camera doesn't like me right now lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
hey guys i don't know if any of you know about this but yesterday i found this weird glitch on halberd, kind of like how G&W can go under the rock on Pirate ship... When the flying platform lands and you are on the immobile stage, you can aether at a weird spot underneath the lip of the stage and end up inside where the flying stage went which is like right below the normal level of the stage... you can short hop any attack and not come out of it, you can even hit someone on the platform above with a good Nair/Fair. I will post a video up of it soon but camera doesn't like me right now lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca6H4nH_Bk4

Can't really be used since it's a glitch and would not be allowed in tournies.

He asked for how he plays Ganon, I provide videos showing it. My performance means nothing lol. At least it shows what Ganon can do to punish if you do something stupid. :p
Well that's what I meant. You're performance showed a lot of things you shouldn't do around Ganon lol. I know you wouldn't play like that if it were fur realz.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I've seen 2 vids of that, hard to find the spot to aether so it's not worth doing since you'll risk a edgehog/SD.
Also, it can be considered stalling.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
@Nysyarc: Do you have CoD4 for the 360? I could play a few friendly rounds with you. lol
I wish, that would be awesome but my XBox broke down several months ago. Which is the only reason I stopped playing it in the first place :laugh:

I miss that game... I let my clan down big time, I was the second best of our group at the time. I could have paid like 200 bucks to either repair my XBox for get a new one... but I decided to see what competitive Brawl was like instead and got hooked.

:034:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
it was actually pretty good when it was active its just like almost everyone quit over the smummer, me kirk yagami ryko, ussi, and san too i think. sliven never posted either lol.

I realized today that there are very few pure ike's left. Ren is using snake now too (old news?)

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
it was actually pretty good when it was active its just like almost everyone quit over the smummer, me kirk yagami ryko, ussi, and san too i think. sliven never posted either lol.

I realized today that there are very few pure ike's left. Ren is using snake now too (old news?)
Ren used all Ike last Saturday and he placed 9th at a tournament with like Ally/M2K/lain/hunger I think. But yeah, he switched to MK/Snake now. I'm a pure Ike!
:025:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom