• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
From what I heard on the livestream, M2K got drunk and Chu played finals for him and lost to Jman.
aaaaaaaaand that makes more sense lol
*****s be sleeping on jman, m2k definitely did not WANT to play jman, i hurd it from his own mouth when asked about melee singles he said " I'm supposed to play Jman in winners but i dont want, I'm tired." he never showed up and it was a big fuss about how they were gonna split the money. JMAN is definitely at least even wit m2k right now *****s be sleeping madd hard.

shoutouts-

NL,D1,Jash- ya *****s are sooo much fun to hang out wit, good **** rapin! ya might have to get me into this game, madd heads at this tourney O.O.
Crismas and Hoyo- zomg **** *** melee teams friendlies, definitely gotta do it again soon.
melee heads- im mad ya ALL left after day 1.
DJN- WE DEFINITELY INVENTED WAVELANDING AND WAVEDASHING in Donkey Kong Country 2 GET AT US!
blackwaltz- ty sooooo much for the ride home, <333333333
Kage- OMG ****ING BEAST *** GANON. DEFINITELY GONNA REMATCH THAT MM next time i see u. i was sooo close to beating u :D.

Brawl+ is freaking fun as hell. ppl need to hype it up moar. im mad tired. props to everyone that went and did their thing.

ALEX STRIFE IS THE MAN AT RUNNING TOURNAMENTS. F*CK BEST TOURNAMENT OF 09, BEST TOURNAMENT EVER =).

p.s.- Crismas' stickers are beast. get at her for being so pro.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Really, fun tournament.

My only complaint is that when the time came for me to do my pool matches, we were stuck with only one TV, so it seemed to take foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. T_T It was 12 am, and had been playing Brawl friendlies and watching matches for 13 hours. I was tired and just felt like I wanted to get out of there. But, that's not really your fault, so oh well... D: Still, a really great experience overall.

Oh, and... To the one purple DDD player: I was the guy playing Light Blue Marth on the first day, and mostly Tan Ike on the second day. Sorry I didn't get your name... I kept forgetting to ask or check your nametag... x_x;; Anyway, we played quite a few friendly matches with one another, and even ended up playing on a team for a few doubles (and got *****). They were all really fun, and were usually pretty close. You seem like a cool dude, so... Props to you, Random DDD Guy. =P

Also, some matches that stood out in my mind from this tournament:
1. Dark Peach vs. Kos-mos ditto match on the Livestream, when you both were at 139% and faired eachother at the same time, sent eachother off the top of the screen, but barely lived. Very epic match. xD
2. Lain vs M2K, matches 1 and 3 in Winner's bracket. Never thought I'd ever live to see M2K lose.
3. M2K vs Ally Grand Finals matches, especially the first match. Just... Epic, you guys... Can't wait to see you two play against eachother again. But wtf? You both teaming together for the Doubles tournament? No fair. D:

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Best tourny EVER. I had fun with mad sexy people. I definatly loved every second. and my sexy voice on live stream. Shout-outs tomorrow. I love you guys.

Lobos

Smash Master
**** the matches were saved so expected to see them with better quality. So tired..
****ing awesome tourney! Shout outs later.......but since I'm so nice here are some pics....a video "Road to Apex" should be up in a few days ^.^

wow really...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
1: Ally(guess)
2: Mew2King(guess)
3: Lain(Ics, DDD)
4: Anti(Snake, MK)
5: Atomsk(DDD)
5: Ksizzle(Lucario, MK)
7: ADHD(Diddy Kong)
7: Anther(Pikachu)
9: Seibrik(MK, DDD)
9: Candy(Snake)
9: NinjaLink(Rob, Diddy, Pikachu)
9: Blackwaltz(Olimar)
13: Afro Thunder(SNAKE!!!)
13: Dojo(MK)
13: Ultimate Razer(Snake)
13: HolyNightmare(Rob)
17: Y.b.M(Kirby)
17: UTD Zac(G&W)
17: Slikvik(Wario, G&W, Peach)
17: Dazwa(Zss)
17: NEO(Marth)
17: Boss(Mario, Luigi)
17: Plankk(...guess)
17: Light(Shiek, Pit, MK)
25: Hylian(G&W)
25: Meep!(ICs, barf)
25: PhantomX(Wario)
25: kornnn(METAKNIGHT)
25: ESOJ(DiddyK)
25: Jash(TL)
25: Puffster(DiddyKong)
25: Xzax(MK)
33: PGN(G&W)
33: Crizthakidd(MK)
33: Cawesome(SNAKE)
33: Judge(MK, Wario)
33: Steel2nd(Marth)
33: HAT(SNAKE)
33: Chudat(Kirby)
33: Eazy(MK)
33: Vex Kasrani(G&W, DDD, Bowser)
33: Kadaj(Marth)
33: PikaPika!(guess)
33: Inui (Broken Finger Johns)
33: Fatal(Snake)
33: BadNewsBear(Lots of characters)
33: Yes!(Snake, Fox)
33: EEvisu(DayDayDay)
49: Rhyme(Spamus)
49: SK(92)
49: Xiivi(Luigi)
49: Omegablackmage(SlikVik)
49: Xisin(?)
49: KirinBlaze(Mario)
49: Omniswell(ICs, Wolf)
49: Dphat(Marth, MK)
49: TUSMMMMM(DaydayDayyyyyyyyyy)
49: Ophelia(Sonic, MK)
49: JJ wolf(guess)
49: D1(FLACO, Metacake)
49: Darc(Marth)
49: Keitaro(Falco)
49: Kai(Sonic, Diddy)
49: IcyLight(Olimar)
65: JAY-SMASH
65: Okin(Lucas)
65: Clai(MUTHA****IN GANON)
65: Smurf(Pit)
65: God-is-my-rock(slikvik)
65: BetaZealot(falco)
65: Dark. Pch(Pch)
65: Buuman(DDD)
65: Ninja Edd(Diddy)
65: DIZMY
65: Jilla
65: Kage
65: Blackanese(G&W, MK)
65: .com
65: Sky
65: Gunblade(snake)
65: Lobos(TL)
65: WTP
65: Izumi(MK)
65: EpicProportions
65: The Hulk(DK)
65: Vanz(DQ'd)
65: Yoshididdy(Diddy)
65: Doom(MK)
65: Pride(Yoshi HIGHEST PLACING YOSHI)
65: dj nintendo(Bowser)
65: Turbo Ether(Snake)
65: Will(DK)
65: Arrancar 18(Lucario)
65: GDX(diddy)
65: Malcom(sonic)
65: Pyronic~Star(Olimar)

3 / 8 in Top 8
~40%

5/16 in Top 16
~ 30%

16 / 65 MKs
~ 25%

Anyway nice Tourney ^^

PRiDE

Smash Lord
doh.. Why was I ranked? I didn't even go the next day.. I told someone to ALEX to bump someone else up in my pool. lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wait jman beat m2k wtf was that a split or was he sandbagging or something
WTF JMAN BEAT M2K!! WoW something is wrong here

Well C0ngrats Jman!
Mew2king got drunk and Chu Dat had to play for him

lol...

Also, to everyone who said there was like, 3 ppl for Melee, I TOLD ya the Melee crowd wasn't horrendous >_<

But word, eventhough I only went for the first day, this tourney was mad fun. Finally got to meet some people, met new faces, met old faces, and Melee + Brawl simply = fun fun fun.

Also, WTF we need FALCO IN TOP PLACINGS

Also, on the 2nd day, when I was home and watching it on livestream, I thought it was really cool how as DJN was commentating on matches, I was able to talk back and forth through the livestream chat thing, technology simply bloowwws me away. Oh, and I guess I'll add that DJN is the East Coast Waffles of commentating, too good.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
These results are surprising as hell 0.o Good sht NY, good sht DeDeDe's. Marth's need to step it up though.

Just wow.... O.o

Reioumu

Smash Lord
From what I heard on the livestream, M2K got drunk and Chu played finals for him and lost to Jman.
wtf, I don't remember M2K drinking. I only remember Btree, Maria, Hat, Turbo, and me drinking. Me and BTree got ****ed up lol. Playing most of my tourney matches drunk ftw.

Also Inui, I looked in my wallet, and I forgot to give back my room keys >_< FUUUCK... What's the address of the hotel so I can mail them back? And who should I address it to?
-Rei

ChuDat

Smash Master
Good **** to everyone. Amazing tournament!

Respect goes out to everyone I played.
As for my placing in Brawl Singles - wow. godamit =/.
Korn if you read this, I hope that we play again in tournament =). Those matches were pretty fun.
Jman definitely improved.
Mew2king step it up.
Yes! is amazing in Brawl+. Fox's down aerial is too good lolz.
I thought my Mexican looking style at the tournament was a refreshing new change for once. I didn't like it. Never again.
IC infinite should still be limited imo. Although, good **** Lain for placing third!
MD/VA won the regional crew battle! YAYUHHZZ!!! No Johns guys, the odds were stacked up against us too lolz. Midwest with Canada and New Jersey with New York? Well, it felt good to win that crew battle =). Good **** to Neo, Meep, P~S, Candy, and Boss for ******.
To everyone I chilled with and talked to, it was nice seeing all of you guys again. Was definitely more fun with you guys. Hope to see you guys sometime soon at a future tournament!

To everyone that placed bad and is discouraged - Don't worry about it. **** happens, keep playing to improve your game. Make sure that you are in 100% top notch in body and mind to play before tournament (Sleep good, eat good, PRACTICE before a tournament, and don't sandbag). Other then that, don't quit! We need you guys for the community to improve. As a whole, this tournament was amazing and so were the people.

- ChuDatzzzzz

shanus

Smash Hero
shamelessly stolen from JCaesar for the OP:

Brawl+ Singles Results:
1: Chu Dat (Mostly ICs, also Kirby, Falcon, Ivy)
2: Yes! (Fox and a little Snake)
3: NinjaLink (Mostly Diddy, also Zelda, Ike, and others)
4: Hylian (G&W and Marth)
5: Boss (Mario & Luigi)
5: Slikvik (G&W and Peach)
7: Meep (Marth and Lucario)
7: Silven (Ike)
9: DJ Nintendo (Bowser)
9: Blackanese (dunno)
9: Crismas (Peach?)
9: Okin (Lucas)
13: JCaesar (Squirtle and ROB)
13: D1 (dunno)
13: PhillyRider (Peach)
13: Holy Nightmare (dunno)
17: GIMR (dunno)
17: Turbo Gilman (Fox and DDD)
17: Phase (dunno)
17: Beta Zealot (dunno)
17: ThumbsWayUp (dunno)
17: Dojo (dunno)
17: daPuffster (dunno)
17: Kage (dunno)
25: Xivk (dunno)
25: TUSM (dunno)
25: .com (dunno)
25: Rev (dunno)
25: HAT (DQed)
25: Hoyo (dunno)
25: SteveH (DK)
25: Ebo (dunno)
33: Rei (dunno)
33: Blast (dunno)
33: Camalange (dunno)
33: Mew2King (DQed)

Lobos

Smash Master

MD/VA won the regional crew battle! YAYUHHZZ!!! No Johns guys, the odds were stacked up against us too lolz. Midwest with Canada and New Jersey with New York? Well, it felt good to win that crew battle =). Good **** to Neo, Meep, P~S, Candy, and Boss for ******.
DAYUM <3 MD/VA Wish I was there to see it :laugh:

LightXDream - when you get a chance put these pics from my post on the first page ^.^

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7362783&postcount=85

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Best tourney ever!

Brawl+ was too fun! Not kidding, I played it for ~36 hours of the 48 hours I was at the hotel. I only slept for 4 hours in those 2 days. And I'd do it all again.

I also learned that I don't really like being a TO. Telling people what to do and trying to get everyone organized just isn't fun for me. I was pretty flustered during the whole B+ tourney. I'm glad it went so well for everyone though. 40+ entrants! (a few had to drop out though)

I know of at least 3 people who quit Brawl forever after this tournament, because the people in their pools were douching them out of brackets, giving each other undeserved wins to block them from making it out. wtf is wrong with the Brawl community? :ohwell:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
god what an epic mother ****ing tourneey. i cant beleive i got first in my pools. my bracket was a bit hard though.

then i had to go against ally -____- hes mad cool though. at least i didint get scrapped i did something things XD

i still should not have lost to HYLIAN OMGGG lolol im goign to texas to personally show you i will gay u mk vs gnw

good stuff thought.

well 33/200 is not too bad for my first big tourny.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I know of at least 3 people who quit Brawl forever after this tournament, because the people in their pools were douching them out of brackets, giving each other undeserved wins to block them from making it out. wtf is wrong with the Brawl community? :ohwell:
Ugh. This is serious stuff, but it happens all the time. People usually tourney for fame and glory, and not fun. And when they lose, they lose hope and everything else. That is what the problem is.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i had a lota friendlies im glad i met all u guys, thanks for the quick friendly dojo

crizthakidd = seph

lmfao at meaning boku in real life, u darn ladder disputer

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

I thought my Mexican looking style at the tournament was a refreshing new change for once. I didn't like it. Never again.
lmfao
I also learned that I don't really like being a TO. Telling people what to do and trying to get everyone organized just isn't fun for me. I was pretty flustered during the whole B+ tourney.
Yeah dude it's tough when you first start out..and even when you're accustomed to it, if **** isn't going perfectly and people aren't being perfectly responsive, the frustration can accumulate pretty quickly. Just be confident and authoritative when necessary [being a loud colored folk like myself helps, though XD]

But if you run good events and people are happy, their response to your authority will shift dramatically. Or if you tell them that you're just gonna start unplugging **** if they don't quit their matches...and then follow up on it [though just unplug the inputs from the TV...starting up the Wii/Brawl again is too much of a hassle...let alone starting up Brawl+ too]

I really wish I could have been there...if ANYTHING so I could take notes XD!

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Not enough Lain love. He pulled what NinjaLink pulled on M2k a little while back. Gotta respect someone that can beat the best using characters that are not even close to the same tier. He made the night easier for Ally against M2k. Only place he lost me was going all D3 against Ally. I know Ice Climbers is a bad match up and all, but your D3 was an even worse match up. Should have at lease TRIED one match with Ice Climbers.

Still, amazing stuff. Great to see the best of the best display next level talent. Thanks to everyone involved and everyone playing/commentating over livestream. You guys made my Sunday worth getting out of bed for.

And Afro murdering Chibo was like, one of my personal favorite matches of the whole day.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
i had a lota friendlies im glad i met all u guys, thanks for the quick friendly dojo

crizthakidd = seph

lmfao at meaning boku in real life, u darn ladder disputer
Septh? or Seth

That asian kid I played in a MM?

i got 49/200. This here be my 5th tournament

wutwut

GET *****.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
This this this this this, guys. Brawl community seems to play a crapload lot more for money than Melee community does.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Great tournament. :)

For those who might have played me and don't remember who I am: I'm the girl who played MK and Peach in their red costumes in Brawl, and Peach in pink or green in Melee.. :p I'm really horrible with names, so if you want a shoutout, give me one. ^_^

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Great tournament. :)

For those who might have played me and don't remember who I am: I'm the girl who played MK and Peach in their red costumes in Brawl, and Peach in pink or green in Melee.. :p I'm really horrible with names, so if you want a shoutout, give me one. ^_^
I thought that was you on the list. It just said Rapid, I wasn't sure. Shoutout to all of Rhode Island, my hometown. :D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah dude it's tough when you first start out..and even when you're accustomed to it, if **** isn't going perfectly and people aren't being perfectly responsive, the frustration can accumulate pretty quickly. Just be confident and authoritative when necessary [being a loud colored folk like myself helps, though XD]

But if you run good events and people are happy, their response to your authority will shift dramatically. Or if you tell them that you're just gonna start unplugging **** if they don't quit their matches...and then follow up on it [though just unplug the inputs from the TV...starting up the Wii/Brawl again is too much of a hassle...let alone starting up Brawl+ too]

I really wish I could have been there...if ANYTHING so I could take notes XD!
Yeah I tried that, all that accomplished was getting the people (who were just playing friendlies on the livestream setup and holding up a 40 person tournament) to call me a douchebag. :ohwell:

nessqk

Smash Journeyman

you used to woop my azz lmao get back into this game we will team.

those were some hyped up games

ALEX STRIFE BEST TOURNAMENT OF 09' SO FAR :)
anti if thats really your fox tryin to wave dash its not funny my dude lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom