• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Stick and stones may break my bones, Fu(k words.... those are the most thoughtful words neo has ever said to me

My conversation with PikaPika was one of the best ones I had at the entire tournament, I'm glad I took the time to talk with him XD

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I'm so used to smash I just call it camping. I was a hardcore third strike player around 2006-2008 and I used that term alot, but after playing so much brawl, I just say camping XD

I also played straight up rush down characters (Yun and Yang) so I didn't turtle much.

Chun Li was the EPITOME of turtling in 3S, and now it's Ryu/Zangief/Sagat.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i have a serious question for you guys.

People have been wanting to use Apex, and possibly genesis, as the deciding factor to basically shut the "ban metaknight" players up, but as i watched the matches, and the "**** you metaknight banners" phrase thrown out there, I'm concerned as to whether M2K losing to Ally is being blown out of proportion. Wouldn't you think that pinning such a major argument on this tourney alone is unreasonable? Maybe I'm missing something important here, but just because M2K lost (which from what I have seen is rarely; and he got 2nd, which IMO is just about as good) once, or even twice in just over a years worth of Brawl as metaknight, doesn't that speak more than this one loss?

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Stick and stones may break my bones, Fu(k words.... those are the most thoughtful words neo has ever said to me

My conversation with PikaPika was one of the best ones I had at the entire tournament, I'm glad I took the time to talk with him XD
You were one of the few people that I actually enjoyed having a conversation with lol.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
PikaPika: Relax, lol. I was just joking, I didn't even get to see any of your matches.

KID: The way your post was made and some of the stuff I saw from you at the tourney and on the boards in the past didn't make that seem sarcastic at all, sorry if I misinterpreted it.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
he deserved it. if blackwaltz did this to me after how angry i got when he beat me, i'd approve, i had it coming. luckily, hes not a ******** like me, and those matches werent recorded XD

Lol plank, u are the man.. Nuff said lol. Those are tru mindgames.

Brawl is a wack game. I never play that game and im still beast. If a kid is a smart player he can become pro in just 10 days of picking up the game.
The game still has its fun moments tho. Teams!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KID: The way your post was made and some of the stuff I saw from you at the tourney and on the boards in the past didn't make that seem sarcastic at all, sorry if I misinterpreted it.
not a big deal. I say stupid stuff on the boards just to make people laugh. you can tell my tone and whether im serious or not much better in person

i played a bunch with rhyme at apex, im (almost) sure he didnt take me seriously

Inui

Banned via Warnings

People have been wanting to use Apex, and possibly genesis, as the deciding factor to basically shut the "ban metaknight" players up, but as i watched the matches, and the "**** you metaknight banners" phrase thrown out there, I'm concerned as to whether M2K losing to Ally is being blown out of proportion. Wouldn't you think that pinning such a major argument on this tourney alone is unreasonable? Maybe I'm missing something important here, but just because M2K lost (which from what I have seen is rarely; and he got 2nd, which IMO is just about as good) once, or even twice in just over a years worth of Brawl as metaknight, doesn't that speak more than this one loss?
M2K was the better player and still lost a match-up he calls his best one.

M2K is dominant because of his skill, not his character.

M2K losing shows MK can be beaten even at the highest level.

The biggest thing about APEX is that MK was overall shut down compared to other events.

Atlantic North = godlike. Even our top MK mains constantly use other characters in tournaments and wreck, like ksizzle with Lucario and me and Anti with Snake.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Amazing.

You read that slowly? :bee:
10 minutes just to watch the actual match lol

i just realized there is A LOT of talking in this thread rofl

n1ggas talk SO MUCH

a. this game is not ****ing difficult at all, stop lying to yourself
b. you're probably much worst than you think you are
c. beating someone in a CP match up does not make you a better player overall, brawl has ******** advantages and disadvantages
d. shut the **** up, jesus christ
I love Neo's posts.

Also, <3 Korn

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Rhyme: I started extremely horribly, with you being my first match after hurting my hand.
I think you gave me a nice enough 'warmup' to survive long enough to get back into about two thirds of how I should have played.

Rhyme is a great Samus, but please. Remember Doom that I couldn't play right at all and at that time of the day, I couldn't use anything on my right hand but a slight motion of my thumb.

To back it up, did anyone else notice me being combo'd by 3 or even MORE of Samus' ZAir?
-Rhyme is great, but it sucks I had that accident and that my first match was on Stream.
Also, it's good for Rhyme and I to understand that this doesn't mean anything serious. I played him before the mistake, letting him hurt me with some combination attacks for this other Samus to watch.

The guy is a great Samus.
------
Plank- I have a condition that makes me mirror certain things of people.
Lucky for me it's your playstyle, huh?
------
Part of that condition is that I also feel pain as a show of myself 'working hard' so I generally accept pain and ignore it easier than most people do, making my previous rant about how everyone is rude pants people completely viable and true.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36

The problem there... is that those people you're talking about, don't feel like it is such a major argument. In fact, some people feel like banning meta knight, and the people that feel so strongly that he should be banned are absolutely ********, and that an argument shouldn't even exist. The average age of the community clearly shows when people call for the community to change a game entirely just because the best character, who is played by the best players, takes a lot of the top spots in tournaments.

You're right in one thing, it's not such a big deal that Snake placed 1st at a tournament instead of MK, because even if m2k had won, it would still not have warranted a ****ing ban. Now whether or not tournaments might be more fun with MK banned is a whole separate argument, but I feel that what we would gain, if anything, in banning meta knight, is not worth changing a game.

Smash is widely known as a casual game. The community has made a casual game competitive by imposing certain standard rules and connecting people interested in playing competitively. This community continues to grow because players we would call casual, playing a casual game, want to get better, join the community, and looks for events to compete and try to prove themselves. A casual player playing meta knight, or even a casual player that has a friend that plays meta knight, would join the community, find out meta knight is banned, and perhaps lose interest. Personally, I would have definitely questioned why meta knight was deserving of a ban if I just joined the community. And quite honestly, the reasons people put forth, would not have convinced me, and I would have considered the community to be childish and having bad judgment.

Accept a character that can be beaten and has been beaten. Because we don't even have to look at Ally vs m2k, we can look at other top players that have beaten top meta knights. ADHD, Atomsk, Anther... and so on. Now please... shut up about banning meta knight and get rid of your stupid childish sigs.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, I think I had enough of this johning going here. I freaking got dead last at apex. LAAAAASSSTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I did not make a john about it. But guess what some don't.

I did not get any sleep at all. I woke up friday at 9PM and did not sleep till like 8am sunday, and then woke up at 10 am and went into singles. I was tired through pools and brackets. And I did not john about it. I got second seed in brackets and I nearly beat Judge game one of our pools match.

Then went into brackets, got ***** by Dphats Marth and nearly beat OBM in game three. All this while on 2 hours of sleep through this whole tourny. Not one john came out about this.

I still say I played the way I know how. I made a few mistakes I am not proud of but so what, my damm fault. I don't blame sleep, I dont play these characters having the advantage over me, I blame my damm self for it. Next time when I play these people again, I'll just kick thier azzes done. And I am Peach here. so I actually have the right to john and make it legit. And I am emo? lets be for real.

If I am not john none of you should SERIOUSLY not be. AT ALL. Fawk people. Just use Peach then if that is the case, that way you can john with power! This goes out to everyone, friends, people I dont like, etc that johns. If Dark.Pch did not john after this then you boys can't john at all. You dont have the rights from me to john. You guys john when I do it. Done. Let it be known. Fawk!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also i just want to reiterate my request for anybody who has seen an alluminum inuyasha deck box filled with blue cased yugioh cards.

its a crappy, very invaluable, but i really like my cards, and would very much like to have them back.

pm me if you have them or know who does

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
@fizzi: lol wut? my sig isn't childish! its awesome! whats wrong wit it?

i felt like the whole ban meta thing was a major argument because i hear it so often. that's all. I was on the proban side for a long time, but now im not sure. I even play him now, and probably will use him in tourneys, so i dont know what to think, even if i hate do the character's attributes.

M@v

Subarashii!
also i just want to reiterate my request for anybody who has seen an alluminum inuyasha deck box filled with blue cased yugioh cards.

its a crappy, very invaluable, but i really like my cards, and would very much like to have them back.

pm me if you have them or know who does
It had a picture of Kagome on it right? I saw it on one of the tables not too long before I left.

Btw, Comments are back up on the vids. I also allowed comments on the plan video again. IF IT GETS OUT OF HAND COMMENTS WILL BE DISABLED AGAIN

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Im about to take some you smashers to the mall :)
LMFAO make over time, cuz dudes are lookin like they came from the math book or something. I got a few smashers on my list where a makeover is completely neccessary...no homo.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Ok, I think I had enough of this johning going here. I freaking got dead last at apex. LAAAAASSSTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I did not make a john about it. But guess what some don't.

I did not get any sleep at all. I woke up friday at 9PM and did not sleep till like 8am sunday, and then woke up at 10 am and went into singles. I was tired through pools and brackets. And I did not john about it. I got second seed in brackets and I nearly beat Judge game one of our pools match.

Then went into brackets, got ***** by Dphats Marth and nearly beat OBM in game three. All this while on 2 hours of sleep through this whole tourny. Not one john came out about this.

I still say I played the way I know how. I made a few mistakes I am not proud of but so what, my damm fault. I don't blame sleep, I dont play these characters having the advantage over me, I blame my damm self for it. Next time when I play these people again, I'll just kick thier azzes done. And I am Peach here. so I actually have the right to john and make it legit. And I am emo? lets be for real.

If I am not john none of you should SERIOUSLY not be. AT ALL. Fawk people. Just use Peach then if that is the case, that way you can john with power! This goes out to everyone, friends, people I dont like, etc that johns. If Dark.Pch did not john after this then you boys can't john at all. You dont have the rights from me to john. You guys john when I do it. Done. Let it be known. Fawk!

^ Johns

:bee:

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Accept a character that can be beaten and has been beaten. Because we don't even have to look at Ally vs m2k, we can look at other top players that have beaten top meta knights. ADHD, Atomsk, Anther... and so on. Now please... shut up about banning meta knight and get rid of your stupid childish sigs.
...all of those players you mentioned to have beaten MK all have A as the letter that begins their names.

Maybe if I want to beat MK, I should change my name to Adire

Cia

das kwl

i think i'm gonna pick up Ice Climbers..

i personally think they're horrible.

but that hasn't stopped people from losing to them

:laugh:

D1

Banned via Administration
Best tourney ever ma d00, sry for not gettin Falco up higher guys...maybe next time.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
how can drk peach john? at least he got inot brackets and peach is one of the better characters in the game. oyu may need to change your playstyle a bit, but thats nothing you can't handle.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok plank, you had your fun now. Its over now and we don't need to push it any farther.

I'm done with it and you guys still keep on flaming me. WHAT THE **** IS YOUR GUYS PROBLEM SERIOUSLY.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well, Jigglymaster, for me, it's not your character or your playstyle, it's you. You act like a child...If i were to cover my eyes and listen to you talk, I'd assume you're 10 years old. Step your maturity up please.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I have asperger's syndrome too but that doesn't mean I'm gonna mind what people say about me with my character. If they don't like how I play, too bad. Plank doesn't care, that's why he plays how he plays. :p

Just keep playing gay if you have to, you can't let other people detriment your playstyle just 'cause they don't like it.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Just want to give big ups to Alex for making this tournament run so vicious.btw Im going to start playing alot of Wifi now, so people hit me up with those Friend Code :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom