• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmx

Smash Lord
Kakera for MVP of the crew battle. He took 3 stocks from Tyrant and 2 from Nairo while coming dangerous close to taking another one (he had Nairo at 100+percent before finally dying). The World was basically down and out before that point.

Esam was obviously the MVP for the US, taking 6 stocks. Interestingly enough, all US MKs underperformed. They all took 2 stocks.

Edit: Fixed, my mistake.

zmx

Smash Lord
Also, I really don't think Ice Climbers is a strong character for crews at all. What makes them so good is you are forced to approach Icys once they take the lead via chip damage, but in crews that's never the case.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good grud, the last Brawl world crews match felt suspenseful throught almost the whole match.

zmx

Smash Lord
I just remembered. Didn't the US also have Rich Brown as an alt, not just Mikehaze?
And doesn't Ally do badly in that matchup as Snake?

Either way, really glad the world won, especially in such a hype way.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
YoooOooooOooOoOoo who's still up I'm looming to move my brawl setup and drinks to another room when ally goes to sleep I'm in the heldrich

:phone:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Alex you are throwing a great event but still have some things to fix so you can't stop until its perfect

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Is truth that Kakera 3stocked Waymas?

Also, apex 2k14 need to happens, just for a little thing I didn't go this year :C the next will be sure

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Guys, you're reading into his wording wrong.
When he says "last Apex," he's just referring to it as the last one to have happened so far.

Paranoid maniacs. :applejack:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Guys, you're reading into his wording wrong.
When he says "last Apex," he's just referring to it as the last one to have happened so far.

Paranoid maniacs. :applejack:
Wouldnt he then more likely just say "this Apex" instead of "this last apex"?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
he likes to buld hype and suspense and he did just that with a little word play

Dekar173

Justice Man
If he's losing a substantial amount of money on Apex, or he feels the stress outweighs the benefit of throwing an amazing tourney, then I hope he stops or slows down. Smash TOing is a damn thankless job by comparison to many other things you can be doing with your time.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Anyone knows how the USA vs the World match went? I would like to know how Overtriforce played.

Thanks!
Overtriforce was one of the better players in The World (who got stomped badly, as everyone expected). He came in vs. Hungrybox and took three stocks away from him at the cost of three of his own, then took one stock from Shroomed before losing his last stock.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah I can imagine money isn't that great, the only money they are probably taking home is the t-shirt sales. Thankfully they had a ton of sponsors this year to help make things easier on themselves. But the costs of the venue for 3 days, helping get ooc players here, and costs of setups and t-shirts and sound system rental all adds up. Plus the paid staff. And he really didn't charge that much all considered, especially when you had an opportunity to save on venue fee by registering early. Apex is virtually a con now if you think about it, centered around tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom