• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't even make sense.

From Apex Melee ruleset:

"Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:

* If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
* If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
* These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner."

Unless he literally missed his entire pool, which seems unlikely in the extreme, then he wouldn't have gotten DQ'd from the whole event, he'd just have gotten DQ'd from the set.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
What?? Armada's banned?!? No warning? They banned arguably the best player in the world just because he was late to a pools match? Not saying that he deserves special treatment for being a top player or anything but it just seems wrong to ban somebody for something so trivial. I didn't even know being late to a match was grounds for a disqualification. Going to wait until I hear the full/official story though before I point any more fingers though.

If he is DQ'd though I am considerably less excited for Apex. Say it ain't so!

MT_

Smash Ace
Armada didn't get DQ'd someone or some people are just trolling. I have AustinRC with me who was in Armada's pool and he confirmed that Armada got first seed.

:phone:

randomsaint

Smash Rookie
Anyone who fell for this needs help, Armada was in the first pool so this was something we would have heard about over 5 hours ago...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Not how it works at this tourney, bracket pools are to determine seeds, he doesn't enter the main bracket's loser's bracket but gets a lower seed than if he'd won his bracket pool. Presumably ESAM and Javi were the 1 and 2 seed coming out of that pool respectively.

Anyone know if this set was recorded? Also, Melee crew battle is going to be on 8wayrun, correct? Brawl's delayed crew battle won't screw that up and will just be on a different channel or something? Wanna make sure I know where to go. :D
It was pools Auto
Thanks for clearing that up.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who believed for a second that Armada was DQ'd, with no real source, is an idiot.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
These streams suck. You should have just hired VGbootcamp, it wouldn't have lagged so much.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
These streams suck. You should have just hired VGbootcamp, it wouldn't have lagged so much.
I'm a big fan of VGBC, but I've experienced no lag on any video setting. Try the following:

--Refresh the page
--Restart your browser (mine always starts to lag after 2-3 hours of stream viewing, restarting fixes this)
--Get a better connection (at my house I have lag on high-quality settings, but my home Internet blows--at my girlfriend's house, which has much better Internet, high quality works fine)
--Try viewing the streams on a computer instead of a potato

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
The stream chat has a lot of trolls, people who want to see melee, and people who hate metaknight.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Yo bertbusdriver drop us some details about your pool, what happened in Javi v. ESAM, there are flickers of rumors that he lost to Trail as well, what's the final placings/who all made it out, how'd you do, etc. If you see this, information would be greatly appreciated. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Anyone who believed for a second that Armada was DQ'd, with no real source, is an idiot.
In retrospect it seems so obvious... but people believe many things they don't get sources for on the basis of "Why would they tell me a lie?"

Harder to distinguish on the internet than in real life. :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Esam won his pool. Javi got second, trail got third. Trail too it to game 3 in winners and losers

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Esam won his pool. Javi got second, trail got third. Trail too it to game 3 in winners and losers
Did Toph get fourth, then?

Didn't realize they were playing out Losers' Finals of pools, ESAM v. Javi would have been Winners' Semis so I thought that meant Javi could only get a 3 seed

Thanks a bundle sir

cFive

Smash Apprentice
are there updated pools anywhere?? with the results in?

like at doubles yesterday... i really know so less about all the games that arent played on the stream!! :(

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
What is the 3rd stream? I have 8wayrun and clashtournaments. Is there a third streaming right now?
Bifuteki, which I must say I'm a little sad is streaming Melee tomorrow because no one in the Smash community seems to know that stream exists so I hope the viewer count doesn't take a hit for it. Have they ever streamed Smash before? Wouldn't it be better to put the FGC stuff on Bifuteki and keep Melee on 8wayrun where it has been in the past?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nevermind.

Basically, might wanna money match people from my pool, or people who havent had a chance to get in cuz it was too late.

Sorted this out with alex and he was a bro, but right now all I can do is this. Let me know guys :D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Im salty. Mountains of salty dudes. The only thing that can lick it off is money matches or a late person bracket.

Im trying not to let the salt get in the way of a fun experience. :c

Anyone have the same problem? We should do the best we can and money match those we were supposed to face. Or each other if that option isn't available.

Also salty. I feel you, bro.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
wut, you posted that same message in 4 different threads...

it's not that great lol
One of those threads was one Gamefaqs, doesn't count

Was posting where everyone could see to get them watching 8wayrun for the Melee crew battle

Don't judge me

DON'T JUDGE ME I SAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom