• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykard

Smash Ace
So there are 3 luigis in my pool. Not that it is a bad thing, but it just seems rather odd for that to happen since idk how many other luigis there are

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Statistically, 3 out of every 16 smashers use Luigi, so it seems right

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Who's Blindman? Is your game as unimpressive as mine? Not that it matters much, as either one of us will be getting sh***ed on by Mr. R afterwards. Also, can anyone tell me what it means when it says "Bye"?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Who's Blindman? Is your game as unimpressive as mine? Not that it matters much, as either one of us will be getting sh***ed on by Mr. R afterwards. Also, can anyone tell me what it means when it says "Bye"?
It means someone that does not exist. Getting a bye means a free round. The top/high seeds get a bye first round for example. They need byes in order to make it so each pool is easier to make.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
A bye is pretty much a free win, more or less.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Put the pool list, those pics are annoying.
I will put the pool listings if you type out every players name and then list it per pools, since it was not possible to do so while making these. =]

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
AS FOR EUROPE:

Bjay & ADHD POOL 13 ... overpowered? :x

Mr-R & AscWolf POOL 19 - 2 Europeans in one bracket half...

Lp & Desti POOL 30 - 2 Europeans in one Pool.

(SIC) & Orion & ZeroTay POOL 32 (ZeroTay = Tay from Germany I think?)
That would be 2 1/2 Europeans in one pool.

(Also, why did Gheb (European in Pool 10 get a bye, whereas (SIC) didnt get one, he is one of europes top players)

Put the pool list, those pics are annoying.
Agreed. That would make it a lot easier to search for specific players :x

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I see an Attila and an Attila the Hun.
Was that a mistake, or that was supposed to happen?

Sol

Smash Lord
Yeah no one knows who I am. Perfect, nothing better then ****ing people up when they least expect it.

M@v

Subarashii!
Melee pool 12

Me and stro face first. We are both Pittsburgh players. I let RJ know about this; wanted to post it as well to make sure it gets spotted :)

My brawl pool looks fine

Tesh

Smash Hero
AS FOR EUROPE:

Bjay & ADHD POOL 13 ... overpowered? :x

Mr-R & AscWolf POOL 19 - 2 Europeans in one bracket half...

Lp & Desti POOL 30 - 2 Europeans in one Pool.

(SIC) & Orion & ZeroTay POOL 32 (ZeroTay = Tay from Germany I think?)
That would be 2 1/2 Europeans in one pool.

(Also, why did Gheb (European in Pool 10 get a bye, whereas (SIC) didnt get one, he is one of europes top players)

Agreed. That would make it a lot easier to search for specific players :x
arent there less than 32 players from other continents? why do so many pools have EU vs EU or JP vs JP. Tryna make sure they knock each other out before grand finals this time?

iRJi

Smash Champion
arent there less than 32 players from other continents? why do so many pools have EU vs EU or JP vs JP. Tryna make sure they knock each other out before grand finals this time?
Already added to the list of changes. To answer this though, if the person did not get a top 4 seed within their pool, they were seeded at random for the most part. (Not fully random, but each player was counted as a seed 0,) From there, they were listed into each pool accordingly. Obviously some mistakes could/have been made, as everything is not perfect. This is why I told people to list things as we go along, and if the issue is big enough to the point where it needs to be fixed, then we will do so.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
anyone know the rooms at the heldrich have CRT's?
They did last year,

BUT

you need a universal remote to change the channel in order to setup a gamecube.

We had to buy one last year. There is a Radio Shack across the street. The cheaper, big, fat remote didn't work. The 2nd one we tried worked.

I suggest you bring one, if you or a friend has one.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't the Wii U controller a universal remote? If anyone has one, use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom