• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm still seeking a Doubles partner myself. I main Sonic over here from West Coast, and though I haven't secured any doubles wins I've got decent doubles sense and would like to consider myself decent (on my A-Game I've managed top 3 placings in doubles in our local Alberta scene). I've qualified for pro brackets in events like WHOBO 3 and recently Sunrise over in Japan (Singles, but still).

I'll be willing to pay his side of Doubls as well if it helps since it's only $10.
Ok, ill let him know. His tag is Rayku.

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ggs on melee holding it down for record tourneys. I don't know how high this is on the brawl list buy I would randomly guess 6th? Both genesis 08 cali tourney last apex and pound 4/5?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Ggs on melee holding it down for record tourneys. I don't know how high this is on the brawl list buy I would randomly guess 6th? Both genesis 08 cali tourney last apex and pound 4/5?

I don't really know the numbers for Brawl very well but I looked up the ones you mentioned:

Genesis 1 = 292 Brawl, 290 Melee
Genesis 2 = 197 Brawl, 228 Melee
Pound 4 = ??? Brawl (can't find the info in the thread cause round 1 pools never got posted but pretty sure its a little less than 200 since R2 pools only had 96), 347 Melee
Pound 5 = 151 Brawl, 243 Melee
APEX 2012 = 400 Brawl, 318 Melee
[don't know what you mean by "cali tourney"]

There might be others since I don't follow Brawl -at all- but I'd wager APEX 2013 is the 2nd largest Brawl tourney of all time as well.

why shoot for 2nd if you can be first
28 more registrants would be pretty sweet, yeah. Its extremely unlikely though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
There was a tourney in august 2008 I don't remember the name of in California that I was sure was 300+

And wow those tourneys definitely felt bigger than those numbers. 2nd biggest brawl tourney ever ain't even mad

And pound 4 was top 3 get out of pools so probably high 200s as well

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Don't like the bracket pools format considering a huge part of why I enter tournies is to get as many serious sets with people as possible...

also, can't find any info on setup discounts. is there a discount?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This is already the 2nd highest entrants for Brawl ever for a tournament. Keep in mind the old record for Brawl was 303 so anything past 300ish is top 2.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Yo I'm trying to use a visa gift card since I don't have a debit card I can use for google wallet. Who knows how to put the card on there? Every time I try it just doesn't register.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Strife, is anyone contacting Japan about their teams?
AFAIK theres no japanese teams, but they all paid for dubs.

and Dempt you better figure itout lol.
you got like, 5 hours.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Anyone still got room at the New Brunswick Hyatt?
If not, I'll go to the Heldrich. lol

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
To hell with it.
Anyone who still needs housing near this tourney, PM me,
I'm getting a room at the Heldrich.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have an open hotel room about 5 miles from the venue. I'm going to have my car and wouldn't mind shuttling people around.

Hit me up if you need a place to stay.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yo I'm trying to use a visa gift card since I don't have a debit card I can use for google wallet. Who knows how to put the card on there? Every time I try it just doesn't register.
You might have to go to your cards website and enter your zip code so you can be able to use your visa gift card online. That's what happened with me.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Since I'm staying at the heldrich, I have a room at the Hyatt that is for Friday and Sat night only and its a king bed if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands let me know so I can give that person the information because I would rather transfer that room to someone that I know or someone who needs it. And the Heldrich Room is now full. I'll update the list later tonight.

JTsm

Smash Master
I really hope this tourney goes well and stays on time.

The events with the low entrants can just be knocked out on Friday. Doubles will get knocked out on Fri which is nice.

My only concern is the 128 man bracket, but that will last all day assuming everything will be on time. I hope the staff is ready to kick some ***.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Uhhh, anyone need a teammate? The guy I was looking to team with
can't make it now.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
This is a long shot, but if any cars are headed to apex through VA and have 2 open spots, hmu. Tryina find a way for my gf and I to get there since our ride fell through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom