• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
can anyone tell me what the doubles bracket is like, I haven't been able to find any info on it.

also, i suggest posting that singles bracket image in the OP..

Rykard

Smash Ace
on the plus side, alukard is on stream right now. he's come a long way in marvel since i've last seen him at one of the No Johns he runs. At least we can cheer for someone in the melee community for once

Accelerator

Smash Apprentice
Go to mathematics conference, don't understand what they are doing, so it must just be scribbles on the board. LOL this is just a room with coffee and poor drawings XDD.

Just commenting on what I see XDDDDD
A math conference is not the same as a fighting game. I was commenting on how the game was being played. You're obviously attempting to troll me so I won't humor you anymore.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Next APEX, get a stream for each separate game you are playing. Don't run late, have stream moderators, better recording setups (I heard there were recording misshaps, meaning we've lost all records of some matches).

Even people who were on the stream for other games said this tournament was run like ****.

As if Mango/G$ lost lol.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I know, I just think its hilarious to see people hate on a game that's basically Melee's second cousin XD
It has nothing to do with Melee lol. 70% of the time you're just doing a long-*** combo that takes 0 interaction save for muscle memory you've trained in training mode.

poega

Smash Apprentice
Remember one big reason there are more viewers now is the whole time thing. Afternoon/evening= always more viewers. Also with SF/Marvel tucked in between melee u naturally get alot of "melee viewers".

I have nothing against the games and enjoy most esport but I've got to say these games are pretty ****ing ****ty to watch from a noob perspective, especially marvel. Holy **** that looks awful. Smash is obviously a deeper type of game than either because of the like 10+ general and environmental dimesions it has.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
So assuming singles does wait to resume until MvC is done and Melee can be streamed (please please please don't shaft Melee any further), which match do you guys want to have up on the stream first? I don't know whether the Losers matches or the Winners matches generally go before each other, but I think PP v. Armada or Hax v. Javi would both be sweet matches to get that hype going again. HBox v. Shroomed is a little too slow-paced, and Mango v. KK would probably be legit but I feel like the other matches will be more thrilling to restart things with.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I can assure you all that Smashers' Reunion: Melee Grande this summer won't be arranged like this. The crew will put all effort into melee, not marvel, not SSF, not brawl. It will be a solid MELEE-tournament.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I can assure you all that Smashers' Reunion: Melee Grande this summer won't be arranged like this. The crew will put all effort into melee, not marvel, not SSF, not brawl. It will be a solid MELEE-tournament.
Wait until Armada wins to convince them to go. :awesome:

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol Wak, I love your vids. Thanks for the smile. Do you have every TAS HRC record yet? I know you were only like two characters away, last I remember. I forget if your recent Fox vid was a record that you didn't have yet or you just optimizing your own record.
My fox is a TAS WR but I only optimized Mugg's strategy he created, lol.

My only one I don't have yet is Young Link, I haven't tried him yet, because I kept my fave for last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom