• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dunno if Bombsoldier is coming to this (he doesn't play as often as he used to)especially after Brawl came out. He might though

Captain Jack, and Isai are definite realities though. I have to go to this. I live in NY for God sakes. it can't be too hard to find a ride. Of course I would only stay for the melee day.
yeah, PP said BS LIKES Melee more, not that he still plays. He plays Brawl because it's more recent.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Subscribed. Might be coming to this.

Can venue be waived for bringing set ups? If not I understand.
check OP all those who bring setups will get a raffle ticket for a free lCD tv

strawhats

Smash Master
Kinda hoping guys like Thunders, S-Royal, hoshikabi, Mach Dash, Shino, and Tani come with CJ (if he does go to this)

I dunno if Masashi, and his brother, Aniki, still play.

strawhats

Smash Master
Fumi stopped playing about 2.5 years ago. Last tournament he went to he lost to masashi. I believe it was a ketobatou tourney, I miss his yoshi more than anything else in the world. I would have loved to seen Fumi vs. Taj/ Armada.

actually wanna see Taj and Armada play now that I mentioned it.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Would be cool if something like this was held like they are having at that one tourney Plank is doing in orlando for this.

Amateur Buy-In tournament:

Players who don't make it out of pools are going to get a chance to play in an amateur tournament!!! Eliminated players get the chance to participate in a buy-back tournament that the top 32 players don't get a chance to participate in! Feel like you should've made it out of pools? Try your luck at the buy-in tournament and go for some good cash without having to fight the top 32!

It would be nice because a lot of use OOS players will probably be reserving hotel rooms, and if we get knocked out of pools . . . well it will suck.

Thoughts?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Fumi stopped playing about 2.5 years ago. Last tournament he went to he lost to masashi. I believe it was a ketobatou tourney, I miss his yoshi more than anything else in the world. I would have loved to seen Fumi vs. Taj/ Armada.

actually wanna see Taj and Armada play now that I mentioned it.
Holy ****, this guy just stalks everyone.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Considering the '09 join date, it's not like you were around for it. That means...you've done some hardcore SmashWiki reading or went through tons of old threads here.

strawhats

Smash Master
not even...I watched **** loads of vids. I never knew the boards existed until about late '08 and Im too lazy to read old threads. Smashwiki was only used to give me info about Top players such as M2K, Ken, Mango.

I've known about competitve smash for a long *** time. sincle like the first JGT, FC, and MW tournies.

I seriously am a Japanese fan boy with the amount of manga and anime I ve read/watched over the years. They along with Ken are the reason I got so interested in this game.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I WOULD LOVE TO COME TO THIS!!!!!!!!!

I's sure that Swordgard, Kingkong, Holynightmare and Ally would love to tag along......well, we all know Ally would go no matter what.lol I think anyway. TIME TO SHOW THAT ALLY AINT THE ONLY WORTHY CANADIAN BRAWLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ill tell you what ill speak with the other hosts to see if its fesible....I wanna finisH the tournament on time firSt:(

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Japan and europe= hype, but not enough hype.
we need MORE hype= MORE OOC players!

I'm trying to contact Mexico and Chile to get some of their top at this. If anyone knows a way to efficiently contact japan to get tani and some more of their top players, let me know, or better yet let them know.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
there is a thread in the European section that has a lot of people from all over ( spain , england, austria, etc ) saying they are making plans to go. I just did not know if I should tell everyone that yet XD

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I did pick up Jiggs for 3 days before Winterfest. I was able to 4 stock Jman the first game we played by just doing up and back throw follow ups and when he full jumps I did Uair to rest around 20-30%. The fact that I was able to do that with a character I almost never play makes me think the character is really stupid. The reason I wouldn't main her is because this late in the metagame, it's a lot better for me to stick with the character I'm already really good with. However, this does not mean my opinion has to be that those characters are better, it's just that I put significantly more time into them than my other characters so using them would be best for me. I still think Jiggs is an extremely stupid character, and if they are going to ban MK who doesn't even win big tourneys often unless it's me, then there's no reason to travel because that's complete BS. For the record I'm against banning characters in every smash game, but comparatively Jiggs deserves it more than MK but all smashboards cares about is popularity. If I can't play MK Which is the only character I put time into (same as banning Jiggs for hbox, or banning Diddy for ADHD, complete bull****) then I don't want to play smash anymore. It is completely unfair.
My sig says it all man

strawhats

Smash Master
there is a thread in the European section that has a lot of people from all over ( spain , england, austria, etc ) saying they are making plans to go. I just did not know if I should tell everyone that yet XD
****... that is all ;)

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
like i said Panama's finest are coming to this for both Melee and Brawl.
i also think i'm getting Costa Rica players to come too.

Alex, is there gunna be online pre-reg?

strawhats

Smash Master
well if CJ comes to this..then I think KDJ will come from Korea to this. Azen will probably go... not a sure thing because he bailed on Pound 4 at the last moment. I think if Chu Dat, and Chillin go he will go.

**** you musashi...I thought you were the Legendary MASASHI when I clicked on this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom