• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
guess im not consider one of the best

Whats good alex i would think for one of the guys that put new york on the map with tournaments pretty much starting to host big new york tournaments i would be on that list of TO's but i guess thats not the case. I think my props are well overdue when it comes to hosting tournaments but i guess im just soaking in my own boast-soup. And this is not just from me not being contacted or mentioned on apex this is something i noticed for a while when i saw ppl say **** like " one of the best TO's" im like lets see if i would ever be mentioned.

Prawn

Smash Master
Whats good alex i would think for one of the guys that put new york on the map with tournaments pretty much starting to host big new york tournaments i would be on that list of TO's but i guess thats not the case. I think my props are well overdue when it comes to hosting tournaments but i guess im just soaking in my own boast-soup. And this is not just from me not being contacted or mentioned on apex this is something i noticed for a while when i saw ppl say **** like " one of the best TO's" im like lets see if i would ever be mentioned.
aww ily wes and i think you're a swell guy.

no homo

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
wes its not that i did not want you there its a matter of when it comes to national tournaments the people i chose were those who will be focusing on the tournament vs the matches. you are a great player so you should focus on playing more.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'd like to think less side tournies = better unless they are crucial for the sponsors.
Side tournaments would not be done until Sunday ( AKA ) after most of the important stuff is done.

One of the sponsors is asking we run certain games so they can sponsor us. Once I get the contract I'll decide if its ok.

I wanna do Naruto Rev 3 + BBCS side tournaments for kicks and maybe a SSF4 tournament. but these are SECONDARY to my main goal...smash :)

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I'm confident in all 3 Smash Games running smoothly at this, and am very excited!

A SSF4 side tourney would be awesome but this is a Smash tourney and that's what I'm really excited for!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
that is why they are side tournaments.

Sunday is a great day to do it and other people would be running that ( aka not my concern lol )

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
^^omg wtf

Captain Jack is one of the best Sheiks of all time from Japan. He *****.

Let just put it this way, he beat Amsah in Sheik dittoz. yeah...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wasnt he like uber pro with half the cast or some crazy shiz?

i think that dk match he played was one of the most popular smash matches in the history of youtube.

Im gonna go watch some of his vids right now.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOV0XYVmkg
ahhhh the glory days, now that isai is supposedly getting back into melee, this match needs to happen again

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
^^omg wtf

Because Sheik dittos are totally legit, right? :p

Not to discredit Captain Jack, he's incredible. But Sheik dittos are easily one of the dumbest match ups in the game.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
^^omg wtf

I don't know if you're trying to "prove" how good he is, but at least do it right =)

I only know of two occasions when they have played (the tournaments I've been to and recorded):
- RoofSm: january 2006. CJ beat Amsah somewhere in the bracket. Amsah placed 4th after CJ, Ek and Helios.
- ESA2: february 2008. Amsah beat CJ who beat Armada.

strawhats

Smash Master
Wow...Captain Jack might actually go to this...I hear Bombsoldier still plays too. Mach Dash (one of the best Cpt. Falcons of back then and even now) should be told about this tourney too. It would be great if Masashi, Mikael, and Aniki come too. They play Brawl I think, but they would probably enter melee for the LOLZ.

Maybe KDJ might go. He's still somewhere out there in Korea.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wow...Captain Jack might actually go to this...I hear Bombsoldier still plays too. Mach Dash (one of the best Cpt. Falcons of back then and even now) should be told about this tourney too. It would be great if Masashi, Mikael, and Aniki come too. They play Brawl I think, but they would probably enter melee for the LOLZ.

Maybe KDJ might go. He's still somewhere out there in Korea.
Mach Dash being considered a Best Falcon? Are you on crack? lol.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Because Sheik dittos are totally legit, right? :p

Not to discredit Captain Jack, he's incredible. But Sheik dittos are easily one of the dumbest match ups in the game.
They're quite fun in PAL..=D

I don't know if you're trying to "prove" how good he is, but at least do it right =)

I only know of two occasions when they have played (the tournaments I've been to and recorded):
- RoofSm: january 2006. CJ beat Amsah somewhere in the bracket. Amsah placed 4th after CJ, Ek and Helios.
- ESA2: february 2008. Amsah beat CJ who beat Armada.
Aaaaaaaaaaactually..:embarrass

- RoofSM: january 2006. Yes, CJ beat me, but I was still pretty bad back then, it was after that tournament that I got 'good'.
- XTC2 June(-ish) 2006. CJ Beat me again (it was really close though, 2nd set in the grand finals)
- JST5 December 2006. CJ ***** me in winners finals, then I ***** him the first set of the grand finals and beat him 4-3 in the second set.
-ESA2 February 2008: I beat CJ in both winners and grand the first set..=]

So it's 2 - 2, but the first time he beat me wasn't even remotely close, he could **** my Sheik with his low tiers back then..>.>

But yeah, he's interested..
which doesn't mean much with him..anyway HYPE!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Mach Dash and Thunders are the only really good Japanese player that I KNOW still play. Kou and some Marth player are really, really good too.(they're winning half of the tournys)

Kage, don't sleep on Mach Dash.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Aaaaaaaaaaactually..:embarrass

- RoofSM: january 2006. Yes, CJ beat me, but I was still pretty bad back then, it was after that tournament that I got 'good'.
- XTC2 June(-ish) 2006. CJ Beat me again (it was really close though, 2nd set in the grand finals)
- JST5 December 2006. CJ ***** me in winners finals, then I ***** him the first set of the grand finals and beat him 4-3 in the second set.
-ESA2 February 2008: I beat CJ in both winners and grand the first set..=]

So it's 2 - 2, but the first time he beat me wasn't even remotely close, he could **** my Sheik with his low tiers back then..>.>

But yeah, he's interested..
which doesn't mean much with him..anyway HYPE!
Well the point was that you lost in 2006 and won in 2008 (more recent) =)

Trela

Smash Lord
Isai was playing Smash since I was about 6 years old.

Wow.

Meeting him is like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me lol. Same with CJ/Bombsoldier! I'm going to find a way to come to this :)

strawhats

Smash Master
Dunno if Bombsoldier is coming to this (he doesn't play as often as he used to)especially after Brawl came out. He might though

Captain Jack, and Isai are definite realities though. I have to go to this. I live in NY for God sakes. it can't be too hard to find a ride. Of course I would only stay for the melee day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom