• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
As much as I like Jason, I gotta pull for Hbox. Hes a friend. So yeah. But I do hope M2k gets Armada this time. At least he knows what character to use this time around.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
M2K is just being an attention *****, stop feeding him.

don't hate :p

and paid or not doesn't matter to me. I go to these because they're fun. As we all should :D

:link:
Twin, he's bad at everything, don't worry about him, we gonna rock that mic.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I figured the brinstar trick out on my own <.<

idk who I'm using vs armada if i fight him again. I always am about to win but choke in the end. I could try Sheik or Peach dittos too. I think part of the problem is I don't just stick to one character in Melee because I like using too many, but then I never fully master one. In brawl I put all my effort into 1 char (MK), but that made him overrated -.-

edit - how am i being an attention ***** I don't have any confidence in melee anymore cuz I always blow it every time every tourney

M@v

Subarashii!
I figured the brinstar trick out on my own <.<

idk who I'm using vs armada if i fight him again. I always am about to win but choke in the end. I could try Sheik or Peach dittos too. I think part of the problem is I don't just stick to one character in Melee because I like using too many, but then I never fully master one. In brawl I put all my effort into 1 char (MK), but that made him overrated -.-

edit - how am i being an attention ***** I don't have any confidence in melee anymore cuz I always blow it every time every tourney
You lost the first match with Marth.

You mopped the floor with him 2nd match with fox.

You BARELY lost the 3rd match with Fox.

Go fox. seriously.

And I wouldn't call 5th at a National Tourney "Blowing it". Many people would kill to place that well.

strawhats

Smash Master
I seriously mean what I said about there probably never be another marth as good as m2k's not even Ken/Azen. Certainly not EK/Kizzu. M2k was simply creative and unbelieveable with the edgeguard. Its scary but Armada reminds me of m2k in so many ways. His appearance for one. The technical peach (same **** with m2k's marth) the sexy *** edgeguards (same with m2k's marth).

M2K no matter who you use remember this...your character is only as good as how much work you put into it....hence why everyone loved your marth/fox.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I say that m2k should just use fox, and marth for spacies and other marths.

No one would beat you in a marth ditto, you don't need sheik.

You could **** falcon peach jiggs IC's and sheik with fox so sheik seems pretty unusable...

Edit: Maybe against Mid and Low tiers you can use sheik but if that's the case your sheik wouldn't need TOO much practice anyway.

Use Fox moar pl0x

Prawn

Smash Master
but m2k's sheik is so **** :(

my fav character of his to watch

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I agree but I think fox is just better against every high tier character besides marth which he can just easily ditto and MAYBE falcon (not sure if fox is better than sheik in this matchup) which I'm sure his fox can still handle...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
M2K was pretty much about to beat Armada first match with Marth but a random dash attack killed him.

First time they played M2K got hit by that crazy turnip thing and lost 2-1.

I'd suggest Marth and stick with it to the end. Gotta have more confidence in yourself. There's no way you're going to win if you don't believe in yourself.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd say stick with marth. Your marth during its reign was unstoppable.

Plus like you told me while playing friendlies your fox is random and unreliable as in how good its playing. And since you play brawl on the side your tech skill is never going to be 100% perfect. So even tho your fox is probably more powerful overall I think your marth can consistently perform at the highest level. Just don't Hawaiian DI Fair's/dash attacks when you get nervous. No character is gonna save you then. I saw Hawaiian cause it was even worse than WC DI.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
im not traveling to any more big melee+brawl tourneys if mk gets banned cuz ill have no more reason to travel. Working extremely hard and helping other people get better only for smashboards to give a big middle finger and punish me for my dedicated, hard work = sad m2k. Since people suddenly wanna ban a popular character instead of the actual best ones (Diddy / Jiggs), even when the best of the char (me) gets ***** badly/hopelessly in the finals and barely wins my most practiced matchup vs ally (snake MU), I'm starting to hate the smash scene now.

Prawn

Smash Master
just pick up jiggs, clearly the most broken character.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
im not traveling to any more big melee+brawl tourneys if mk gets banned cuz ill have no more reason to travel. Working extremely hard and helping other people get better only for smashboards to give a big middle finger and punish me for my dedicated, hard work = sad m2k. Since people suddenly wanna ban a popular character instead of the actual best ones (Diddy / Jiggs), even when the best of the char (me) gets ***** badly/hopelessly in the finals and barely wins my most practiced matchup vs ally (snake MU), I'm starting to hate the smash scene now.
Don't worry, MK won't be banned. Brawl would be shooting itself in the foot by doing so and the intelligent members of the community are surly aware of this.

just pick up jiggs, clearly the most broken character.
na, M2K should pick up Falco in Melee.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I did pick up Jiggs for 3 days before Winterfest. I was able to 4 stock Jman the first game we played by just doing up and back throw follow ups and when he full jumps I did Uair to rest around 20-30%. The fact that I was able to do that with a character I almost never play makes me think the character is really stupid. The reason I wouldn't main her is because this late in the metagame, it's a lot better for me to stick with the character I'm already really good with. However, this does not mean my opinion has to be that those characters are better, it's just that I put significantly more time into them than my other characters so using them would be best for me. I still think Jiggs is an extremely stupid character, and if they are going to ban MK who doesn't even win big tourneys often unless it's me, then there's no reason to travel because that's complete BS. For the record I'm against banning characters in every smash game, but comparatively Jiggs deserves it more than MK but all smashboards cares about is popularity. If I can't play MK Which is the only character I put time into (same as banning Jiggs for hbox, or banning Diddy for ADHD, complete bull****) then I don't want to play smash anymore. It is completely unfair.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I think Ness could be legit. Dunno about Bowser though...

So this tournament needs a guaranteed pot. That would be solid. I'm probably coming to this anyway tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom