• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Nobody is going from there, dude. I don't think anyone from AZ is going, Dekar isn't going, don't think X is going, not sure on t0mmy, and Jem/Felix/Nerd aren't going.
I think we have one brawler going. He is good too, but idk if he already has a team mate? lol ask in Arizona Thread

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I think I'll at least still keep my word of 400+ for Brawl after speaking to many tristate players (more than half of them still haven't registered and plan to)

GET AT ME!!!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah.

I'm slightly concerned (in a good way) how the numbers will jump. I've already seen an increase.

FYI to all, me and GIMR are temporarily in charge of any questions. Alex won't be on the boards for the next couple days.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Nobody is going from there, dude. I don't think anyone from AZ is going, Dekar isn't going, don't think X is going, not sure on t0mmy, and Jem/Felix/Nerd aren't going.
Az is bringing some of their players, but only on the melee side lol.
Wobbles is going tho. Don't know if he is doing Brawl, but still :) Dekar is tryin to go but it looks unlikely :(

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Kelvin (12:13:21 AM): yeah make sure to remind m2k lol he usually leaves stuff for last min and then get unlucky. apex reg ends in 2 days.
Tyrant (12:13:44 AM): oh **** really?
Tyrant (12:13:50 AM): it's all online??
Kelvin (12:13:53 AM): yeah dude. yes.
Tyrant (12:14:01 AM): wtf that's gay =(

it seems some people think reg is gonna be at the door for some reason lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh heavens no more Brawl for me thank you. Swapping between games mid-tourney? Blech. Done it enough, it's a tremendous hassle. Can't say I'm very fond of playing tourney Brawl anymore mind you, but if I'm trying to play Melee it's just too much.

@Alex: What manner of help? I'm not sure how I'll get from the airport to housing and/or venue but I'm confident things will work out somehow.

@Kyu: Any idea how much you're paying per night so I can figure out how much I might be paying? I won't lie, money's a little tight right now, but I'm also not too keen on having people pay for me, so I gotta know what the cost would be.

@Toasty: Same.

All and anybody willing to work with me please just send me a PM letting me know your plans. I'll get in touch with people whom I'm unlikely to drastically inconvenience.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Kelvin (12:13:21 AM): yeah make sure to remind m2k lol he usually leaves stuff for last min and then get unlucky. apex reg ends in 2 days.
Tyrant (12:13:44 AM): oh **** really?
Tyrant (12:13:50 AM): it's all online??
Kelvin (12:13:53 AM): yeah dude. yes.
Tyrant (12:14:01 AM): wtf that's gay =(

it seems some people think reg is gonna be at the door for some reason lol
I told jason a few days ago to register ASAP, hes being really lazy about it.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
WV still needs to register. KrazyKnux + Dr. Grip will be clearing nubs out at this tournament. Melee will def. be bigger than 250! =D

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
vouch for lee martin melee skills.

at least in 07 or so
Hehee. thanks buddy. I improved a lottttttt since '07:laugh:

I vouch for him as well. He's mad beast in teams. We teamed in friendlies after Pound 4. My ***** Lee Martin!!!
Thxx <3 Those were some funn friendlies. I'm guessing you have a partner.. lol

I think I'm generally better in teams than singles anyway.. I support my partner very well and I have crazy di. yeahhh...

I play fox/sheik

AllyKnight

Yeah I'm hella ****ed.

Called the Airline they said;

Nah we dont do refund nor changes; u missed it; deal with it.

My only option is to buy a one way ticket on the 5th of august which costs me 806 EUROS. Im ****ed bye Apex =(

AllyKnight

I have 540 euros. but the problem is I dont even know how you guys will make that happen in such short time. sorry I'll either live in Europe and hope they deport me one day or die. Im depressed now

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Wow wtf that sucks really bad Elliot D: so youre stuck in EU...indefinitely?

Just ran a check, you would need 344 USD to get that ticket D:

You could have someone lend it to you and pay them back with your APEX winnings, eh?

Or parents

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I'd pay back. But people are broke already. My parents doesn't even know yet. When they do; itmight get even worse.

ughhhh
I'm sure SOMEONE or a number of people can lend you the money. You have a good standing in this community and you obviously profit off of it lol I don't see why someone with the money wouldn't try and help @_@

I think you should tell your parents, though, not telling them only delays the inevitable.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ally fund go go go.

How much exactly do you need in USD ally?

Off 2 work, I will try to deal with this later on.

EDIT: 350 USD is the goal for allys apex fund. Il talk to others and see what I can do.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
probably last tourney i attend. Getting too old and i need to find a job =(

Hope to chill and drink with cool smashers every nite at this!
Well meep You already know the deal with Drinks and when you with me!

I bought my first drink from the bar yesterday....such a good feeling...lol

Alcohol is on deck... Plus, a lot of us owe meep some alcohol from MLG Columbus. Lets make it happen.

TKO we going to clubs...you're my wingman...lets get it..
AAHHHHHHH ****!!! gotta bust out the gear then...aint wore the gear in a minute. Who else is coming with you from OH btw?

@Everyone I'm pretty sure my room is going to be packed with NE and MO (not sure about MO yet)

But if I got drinks you are welcome to come take a couple shots with me...no hardcore freeloading though cuz i will start charging nigahz $3 but if I do charge its 3$ for drinks all night!!!

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Hondafoo, alright you can play my Marth
I'll do 8v8 with 2 reserves but I wanna make sure all regions are involved. This is not to mention that we need people that are good not like mid level players. Its for fun and hype not to win for anyone.
If it's for fun and hype then 'picking' people based on how good they are is not what you want to do lol

That way you're excluding people

I don't think they'll be having fun

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I see what you are saying with that Toonysonic

but In reality at a major tourney people don't like to see average players play...they came to see epic matches between people who otherwise would never play each other

I.E Tyrant vs Chu
Anti Vs Dehf
ADHD vs Gnes <--- I'd totally like to see this regardless of it being a ditto..lol

big name stuff, stuff that gets livestreamed

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
^^^ THIS!

Just gave me a great idea!

How about we make some time for EC vs WC or South where you would pay $5 to get your name raffled for a 10v10 and the winners (in the crew battle that got their name picked) split it?

So instead of top players from the region being the only ppl that have a chance to enter, everybody has a chance and the more people that enter the more money the winning crew will make!!

For instance:

27 ppl from east coast are willing to put $5 for their name to be raffled off for entry into the crew battle. 10 get picked (scrubs or good players whatever)

18 ppl from South put up $5 for their name to be raffled off.

10 v 10 East Coast crew wins.

27 * $5 = $135 from EC

+

18 * $5 = $90 from South or WC

=

$225 in the pot to be split amongst the winning crew!!

What do you think, I think this would be awesome and with SOOOOOO many ppl going I think a hell of a lot more ppl would put the $5 down to do this which means there would be SOOOOO much more $$$ in the pot!!

So instead of the winning crew making what $5 or $10 from the other opponent, they would make exponentially more!!

Discuss.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I see what you are saying with that Toonysonic

but In reality at a major tourney people don't like to see average players play...they came to see epic matches between people who otherwise would never play each other

I.E Tyrant vs Chu
Anti Vs Dehf
ADHD vs Gnes <--- I'd totally like to see this regardless of it being a ditto..lol

big name stuff, stuff that gets livestreamed
Then why not have other crews, and just livestream the "big names"?

I don't see why we can't have more than just one Crews tourney where only a few people can play...and by "few" I mean...like...5% of the people going? Some low percent like that

EDIT: that crew idea could work too

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
double post

Then why not have other crews, and just livestream the "big names"?

I don't see why we can't have more than just one Crews tourney where only a few people can play...and by "few" I mean...like...5% of the people going? Some low percent like that

EDIT: that crew idea could work too
you can always do draft crews at your hotel.

**** you might be able to generate enough buzz to do draft crews, while the big crews are going on, on another TV

just saying

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
lol yea.. it's only $5 though and how awesome would it be if you did get picked!??
I mean it sounds good on paper but smashers are cheap

and I would hate to see a team get blown out because of horrible picks from one region compared to another region getting like their whole PR save like 2 people.

idk...Ill jus wait to see what everyone else thinks

LMAO LOBOS!

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I'm staying at the Marriott because I get better deals with rewards/points from going on vacation a lot

So I don't think I'll have hotel crews :(

But yeah the other crews idea could work...

All we need is like 10-20 people and some characteristic that half of us share in common, maybe regions? That would be fun

I wonder if people would be up for that, or if they would just rather go watch the other crews

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
^^^ THIS!

Just gave me a great idea!

How about we make some time for EC vs WC or South where you would pay $5 to get your name raffled for a 10v10 and the winners (in the crew battle that got their name picked) split it?

So instead of top players from the region being the only ppl that have a chance to enter, everybody has a chance and the more people that enter the more money the winning crew will make!!

For instance:

27 ppl from east coast are willing to put $5 for their name to be raffled off for entry into the crew battle. 10 get picked (scrubs or good players whatever)

18 ppl from South put up $5 for their name to be raffled off.

10 v 10 East Coast crew wins.

27 * $5 = $135 from EC

+

18 * $5 = $90 from South or WC

=

$225 in the pot to be split amongst the winning crew!!

What do you think, I think this would be awesome and with SOOOOOO many ppl going I think a hell of a lot more ppl would put the $5 down to do this which means there would be SOOOOO much more $$$ in the pot!!

So instead of the winning crew making what $5 or $10 from the other opponent, they would make exponentially more!!

Discuss.
It's just a crew battle

for no money

no point in making things complicated. let it run its course.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
There are 3 more of us coming from Ohio aside from me. But the only one who'll probably come out with us is Sneakytako. But regardless it's going down.

I'm getting my gear ready...Bottles on deck.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
It's just a crew battle

for no money

no point in making things complicated. let it run its course.
It would only take 1 setup, I don't see any complication and it will allow the rest of the smash community a chance to compete for their region. It would actually be kinda cool if you think about it because almost never at nationals can an average player have their entire region backing them up and cheering for them whereas top level players experience that at every national. It would just hype APEX up even more imo.. Honestly, would you enter your name to be raffled if Alex allowed it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom