• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
It would only take 1 setup, I don't see any complication and it will allow the rest of the smash community a chance to compete for their region. It would actually be kinda cool if you think about it because almost never at nationals can an average player have their entire region backing them up and cheering for them whereas top level players experience that at every national. It would just hype APEX up even more imo.. Honestly, would you enter your name to be raffled if Alex allowed it??
we had to work hard to get to that status. do the same.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If you want to be in the spotlight, then you have to earn it

You were in the spotlight 2 weeks ago when you beat Snakeee and took Orion to third game. You obviously have a good thing going, now get to top level.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of who it is, there will always be competitors who are the best. Asking EVERYONE in the smash community to become the best is obviously unrealistic.. It's just for fun, again, would you enter the raffle if Alex allowed it?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
PS: I gotta find out about all this crew biz. I'll talk to Alex and let you peeps know.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
lol why are you guys acting like I'm trying to be in the spotlight or something, just think about how much fun that would be? Geez, I mean if its a stupid idea then whatever but don't trash the idea because of what you think my hidden agenda might be, geez...

M@v

Subarashii!
johns for my cover being blown
........:)

j/k j/k

But seriously, best way I can put this is put yourself in say anti's shoes(Picked him because hes pretty much guaranteed a crew battle spot)

Your hands down good enough to be on this crew, yet random "raffling" doesn't allow you on.
Its almost like your going to win a match then you trip and lose it. =/

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
........:)

j/k j/k

But seriously, best way I can put this is put yourself in say anti's shoes(Picked him because hes pretty much guaranteed a crew battle spot)

Your hands down good enough to be on this crew, yet random "raffling" doesn't allow you on.
Its almost like your going to win a match then you trip and lose it. =/
I'm not suggesting to REPLACE the other crew battle, I'm suggesting ADDING this idea after or alongside the first.

Just answer this:

Would you or would you not enter the $5 raffle to compete in a crew battle for your region?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ I was actually going to suggest that.

There's already a lot going on during this tourny that multiple people are running.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Unfortunatley people don't ever do crews unless the tourney is crazy huge, and at that point to organize and run them is sooo hard. So having east v west, regional crews, and is already hard enough. We really can't add this. Not saying the idea is bad or even not going to be used later. Prolly could do like gold, silverf, and bronze player levels and do different battles for the different levels. Not at this though.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
It's not really that hard to make it work imo, all we need is:

1 table
1 wii
1 tv
2 chairs
2 jars (to put the money into and to put the names into)

Any TO could do this. No one HAS to enter, what is the problem? Honestly, the only potential problem I see is maybe taking some specatators away from the other crew battle that's going on.. And if that's really that big a deal, then LOL.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Who else wants in on my MM list? In particular, I'd like to extend a special challenge to all Fox, Falco, and Falcon players.

I'll MM in Brawl too but no more than just $2 best of 3. Brawl = lol

And of course I'll accept virtually anything in SMASH 64. I'll even go all Samus as long as you aren't using Fox (because that matchup is impossible). Who's up for the challenge?????

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
It's not really that hard to make it work imo, all we need is:

1 table
1 wii
1 tv
2 chairs
2 jars (to put the money into and to put the names into)

Any TO could do this. No one HAS to enter, what is the problem? Honestly, the only potential problem I see is maybe taking some specatators away from the other crew battle that's going on.. And if that's really that big a deal, then LOL.
maybe the problem is

that you're the only one that wants to do this

and you're pushing it.

That whole setup can be used to advance the bracket or pools of these events

Brawl singles
brawl doubles
brawl+ singles/doubles
brawl- singles/doubles
crew battle ec vs wc
crew battle regionals.

Aposl

Smash Ace
The problem isn't logistics or that your idea is bad. Its about planning and trying to run this event professionally. We aren't adding this, this far in. If we did it we would schedule it, plan it, do it and stream it. Like I said I like aspects of your idea. But I don't see us being able to respectably put this together, building hype for it etc..... in the amount of time we have left. At vg we are completley pushing ourselves, and so are alex and cristen so it is not going to happen. I am not saying this as a prediction, I'm saying that its just not what we have planned, and at this point the plan is set in stone.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
IMO, I only watch crew battles to see high level play. That's why the best get picked for it. This crew battle seems like it would really be a crap shoot and if some scrub gets in and plays against a top or high level player (if they actually put in for this raffle) what's the point of even watching? You might as well just play friendlies and get your *** whooped for free. I just don't see what could be good about this in the end except for the people who aren't good enough to be on the main crew battles, correct me if I'm wrong.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
No you're actually absolutely right.. but that's most of the smash community..

A scrub really can't be defined by not being included in the top 16 at an MLG event or something.. A lot of the ppl that are coming to this are not scrubs but still not good enough to be in the crew battles that are planned in advance.

I understand Aposl, it is kinda late to implement this successfully and it is a gamble that if it turns out badly, it might look bad that Apex hosted a side event that was a flop. And after all the time and effort put into making this tourney a hugely successful one, you don't want to have anything that might leave a bad impression on ppl's minds about the tourney. Oh well.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
There definitely needs to be a SSF4 setup at some point during this weekend. Who wants to get rocked?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Apex 2010 is little over a week away. I believe it's safe to say we know what the game plan will be by this point.
There definitely needs to be a SSF4 setup at some point during this weekend. Who wants to get rocked?
I don't think Alex would object to this, so long as the ones who wish to play these games bring their own TV for it as well. If SSF4 (as good a game as it is) takes over a Brawl or Melee TV, there will be a problem.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Why were there so many pages on Furys ****ty idea? Shut the **** up plz LOL, no one wants to see bad people play a crew battle, top pros bring in the crowd, drop it queer.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
FATS IS IN MY ROOM!!! SSF4 Plus drinks= a good time

also LMAO EE it was only 2 pages if you 40 post per page...otherwise that **** must've been a ***** to read

Alukard

Smash Hero
i wish i was still good enough to almost be considered ... god dam all this EC WC **** got me pumped ... i already started hitting the lab again!!

BACK TO THE LAB AGAIN ...!!!

EDIT~!!!!!

turbo ether ... i'm game!?!?!

me and chillin are going to be doing 2v2 money matches in ssf4 any takers we'll settle how much and how many games to win once its decided?!?!?!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm sure a set up for SF would be totally fine. I'm hoping someone will have a Tekken set up actually >_>

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I will money match any and all yoshis with wolf, and any and all falcons with falcon (in brawl)

yes please for tekken also.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Sweet. Cristen I'd Play you for no specified amount of money just because I would like to enjoy the game in Tekken.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom