• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Also as far as captains. I do not need to pick them ( for EC i might ) just settle it among your region and announce who it is and your team.

King~

Smash Champion
alex, if someones enters doubles and it turns out they arent able to make it friday, would they be able to get thier money back or is there something else to do?

cause our car might not be able to leave till friday evening and some people in the car have partners and want to enter, but we just dont know whats gonna happen with leaving times

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thats what i meant lunar 2-3 people they are entering other events that are side events only.

as far as doubles we should be starting after EC vs WC and its pools so if possible we can hold the matches for you. At the same time I am also known for starting on time and stuff so ya.

King~

Smash Champion
thats what i meant lunar 2-3 people they are entering other events that are side events only.

as far as doubles we should be starting after EC vs WC and its pools so if possible we can hold the matches for you. At the same time I am also known for starting on time and stuff so ya.

i mean its apprently a toss up when we leave we may leave in time to make all the events day 1 or we wont leave till 6 friday evening which means we wont get there till like 1 or 2 am

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Selling my 16GB iTouch for 80 bucks if anyone's interested, no scratches on the screen or anything, its only been used for a week cause then I got an iPhone.

Let me know if interested, charger will be included.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Sign in will run smooth like the first Apex was handled. In which there will be multiple stations where people can sign in so there's no hold ups.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
smashers usually listen to me so i do not see an issue. I do understand your logic though but if we all work together...nothing should happen.

also we would have everything in tio by then all people have to do is pick up badges.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Badges...yeah...

I think some people will be there early to get a head start. Those who are staying at the hotel and those who are close and staying overnight from Thurs may be.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Lee, Razer, Gnes, Big Lou, CO18, UTD Zac

So South crew in no order
Free Martin
Freenes
Ultimate Freezer
Me?
FREE018
UBFREE Zac
and FREE lou

sike let me stop lol :) I think that's all the tops from South, there may be more
this list needs trela... lucario. crews.. broken.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
brawl is good and fun.

Brawl + is terrible and bad, and stupid.
Brawl - is bad, but still incredibly fun.

if youve ever played brawl plus, and brawl minus, you would be wondering why they are having a plus tourney instead of a minus tourney too.
Old post, sorry, but I've played both and disagree with this statement.
-----------------------
Anyway... Alex, I'm feeling a bit chipper now due to my inherent optimism and I'm raring to drive that smash van!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
-----------------------
Anyway... Alex, I'm feeling a bit chipper now due to my inherent optimism and I'm raring to drive that smash van!
Minus isn't meant to be taken super seriously like a competitive game. It's meant for fun. A tourney is just for people who like having competition.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nairo isn't coming to this.
:(

Na trick me and Inui should co-captain EC

we almost got a win at genesis from the most ridiculously underpowered team in existance
I very strongly agree.

id pick anti to be honest.

btw regional crews will be 5 players plus 2 reserves.

EC vs WC will be 10 players.
What? Didn't you tell me on AIM to be captain for both the entire EC thing and Atlantic North?

Chibo and I both probably wouldn't be in the crews, so we'd be totally devoted to our job as captains. We're both experienced veterans and have done this many times. We're both very good choices and should be used over newer people, children, etc. No offense to them, but being a good player does NOT automatically make you a good captain. For instance, Atomsk and ADHD have made horrendous crew captains in draft crews numerous times.

I think I'm a solid pick for crew captain.

I lurk the tourney results board just as much as Inui and Anti do. Difference is, I don't post in there and pick fights. :p I follow or subscribe to basically anything that happens and I even read every single shoutout that gets posted in there. I know a lot of information on people's problem matchups, styles, etc., and I have a photographic memory as well. Also, unless half the East Coast dies, I wouldn't be on the crew, therefore would have no potential self-bias regarding who plays when. I know everyone's everything, I know who beats who and who ***** what characters, and I have a knack for predicting outcomes of things (I knew Gluttony would beat Ally ololololol). I have to deal with stuff like this as a panelist, and I think I'd be ideal at both choosing a team and making the calls on who goes in on who.

Unlike some people, I've also got an open mind and could take suggestions and will listen/concede if I'm wrong. I'd be down with a co-captain or two. I'm gonna stop now to avoid this sounding like I'm running for student council or something LOL, but I definitely feel that I'm a good pick here.

Even if I don't get chosen, which is pretty likely, I don't think that somebody playing on the team should have a captain spot. It would place even more pressure on them and create opportunities for them to be overselective about their own entry that might hamper the team.
You sound like me or Chibo except without the proven experience, lol...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Nairo is gonna disobey my dad and come to this. me cable and nairo will register later.

also, i'd like doom or inui to be crew captains. as much as i like anti, i don't think he'd make the best decisions.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
My proof (though it's obviously not as notable as yours) would be from JG's Smashfests. Ask anyone who's ever been on a crew with me during draft crews there. I'm pretty ****ing amazing at it. Sorry I didn't attend Genesis. <_<

Would you like to join hands and we'll be co-captains?

Brawl- is amazing competitively and for fun. You're wrong if you disagree.

Edit: By the way, I need a new partner since Esca is no longer attending. I'd love to team with somebody from Florida or Texas, possibly Midwest as well.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ill probably be there early. I haven't had many people to practice with here, so I need a crash training regiment, becausee cpu training is so boring.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
-----------------------
Aw yay!

Brawl - is sooooooooooo ridiculous :laugh: in a good way obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom