• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXE 09

Smash Master
yo axe we should play at this. you and shroomed were two ppl I missed that I really wanted to play
Heck yeah man, I'm definitely down to play with any and every melee player :)
Axe we can play the MM on my recording setup. By the time apex rolls around, my quality will be this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNNW-JnyLok I just ordered the same HD PVR capture device.
Omg this looks gorgeous!! Wow I can't wait lol
Hey Axe, $500 MM your best vs my sheik. Don't be a coward!

Haha yeah right. Hey so who all is rooming with us? Any news on Taj going?
I'm definitely turning down the MM, screw that lol. I know you'll win by either making me laugh all 4 of my stocks off from your amazing jokes, or by doing some crazy magic trick that you haven't shown me yet which will result in you pulling off some insane jv 5 stock.

Oh, and yes!! Taj is going. He just bought his plane ticket like 2 days ago, so he's coming for sure! As for Vman, he still isn't 100% sure if he's going or not, but he said he should have his answer soon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
brawl plus is like melee, except really dumb and pointless.

brawl minus is like a really amusing, fun, and more expanded version of smash 64

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
brawl+ TRIES to be like melee, or atleast did, except L-cancelling is automatic and the brawl'ers didn't want wavedashing in it, and it's still floaty, so it's not really like melee at all

project m nao

g-regulate

Smash Hero
brawl + is like brawl, but with combos and faster moves, more hitstun, faster gameplay.

project M is like a direct copy of melee played in brawl, with l-canceling, wavedashing, melee air dodge, changed movesets, etc.

Roman.

Smash Champion
project m is the shiiit

i'll have it on my wii at this

edit: some guy in boston who's name isn't coming to me (begins with an s)

whenever we're at the same tourney, he updates my sd card lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm definitely turning down the MM, screw that lol. I know you'll win by either making me laugh all 4 of my stocks off from your amazing jokes, or by doing some crazy magic trick that you haven't shown me yet which will result in you pulling off some insane jv 5 stock.

Oh, and yes!! Taj is going. He just bought his plane ticket like 2 days ago, so he's coming for sure! As for Vman, he still isn't 100% sure if he's going or not, but he said he should have his answer soon.
Woot!

Well if Vman doesn't go to this then maybe you and Taj can redo the amazingness that was your team at Pound 4 lol.

Best Mewtwo and best Pikachu teaming together. Beauty in action. That and your pike + his marth worked well together. But can you guys beat my bro and I in teams in the room? I dunno...

Purple Drink MM!!!!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Lol Haxbox isn't unbeatable. They played at Genesis and lost to Aniolas/Armada and also Darkrain/Cactuar.

Also since Canada doesn't have much of a scene in the middle area, WC and EC Canada are pretty much two different countries.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Hey, any Melee people who are MMing me/friendlying me at some point (anyone is welcome to friendly me, I love these games lol), tips/advice would be appreciated since I'm relatively new to competitive Melee. Unless I win by some miracle XD

Same goes for Brawl people who beat me, but keep in mind I'm not new to Brawl.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey, any Melee people who are MMing me/friendlying me at some point (anyone is welcome to friendly me, I love these games lol), tips/advice would be appreciated since I'm relatively new to competitive Melee. Unless I win by some miracle XD

Same goes for Brawl people who beat me, but keep in mind I'm not new to Brawl.
I'd be happy to give you lots of tips after playing you.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm also looking for advice/critique/whatever from anyone I play if they could be so kind =). I'm obviously not winning anything here, so I'm going 100% to learn and get better.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol, the first time I get to play my fellow EC Canadians is at an american tournament. Huge geographical gap ftl.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Interviews

Hey guys I will be posting these up in the OP but I wanted to show you some Interviews done for APEX 2010

Interview with the Japanese
Michael Hey: So, first could you guys tell us your mains and give us a brief explanation about yourself for those people who don't know you guys.

Brood: I main Olimar, and I'm trying to become the best Olimar in the world. I'm pretty confident in utilizing and managing the pikmin's color.

RAIN: Not much to say about my self... I main Falco and that's about it.

earth: I use Zelda/Sheik and Pit, and main both of them. I'm the best Zelda/Sheik in Japan, but probably the second best for Pit. I also love iDOLM@STER, for those who knows what it is.

Michael Hey: Interesting characters. Do you guys have any reasons of why you main those characters and not characters like Metaknight and Snake?

Brood: When the game first came out I was trying out a few characters, and out of those Olimar seem to perfectly match me and I had the most fun playing as him. I don't think there's any other character in this game which I can move as comfortably and enjoy as much as Olimar.

earth: Not as many people use Sheik ever since Brawl came out, and I'm putting the effort in to the character to make the character better and move her up in the tier list. But in tournaments I use Pit because he's better and fun, and also because he can win.

RAIN: I used to play Metaknight, but too many people were using him. I told Bombsoldier to main Metaknight so i don't feel as bad, and he told me he would do so only if I started maining Falco, so we ended up switching our mains.

Michael Hey: Do you play with Bombsoldier often? He is well known for his melee falco and probably have inspired a lot of players back in 2005-2006.

RAIN: Yes. I was the one that taught him how to play smash.

Michael Hey: What makes this tournament, APEX2010, special for you guys, and how do you feel about it?

earth: I'm happy that my first out of country experience is going to be at a very big tournament where a lot of people are coming. I really appreciate the TO [Alex Strife] for giving me the chance to have a lot of fun by playing all the people out of my region.

RAIN: As a top player, my main goal is to beat all the good players to prove that Japan is at a high level, and this tournament was perfect for it. Of course since I am entering, I'm aiming for 1st place.

Brood: I thought it was a good place to test my skill because I heard a lot people gather around, some going overseas like us, for this huge event. It was also my dream to play people that I can only get to see by watching videos since we live too far away, and I'm very excited about it.

Michael Hey: APEX is far away from where you guys live. Is this the first time to travel out of Japan for smash, or is it the first time to go out of Japan at all?

Brood: This is my first time going out of Japan. I do travel inside of Japan a lot though.

RAIN: It's my first experience traveling over sea. I can't speak English so I am a little worried about communicating with the people there. I have met Ken, Isai, Chudat, TheBison, KoreanDJ, and a few others, but that's because they came over to Japan.

earth: Going over sea is a first time experience for me also. If it wasn't for an opportunity like this, I would've never traveled over to the US so I am hoping I'll enjoy the time there.

Michael Hey: So it's the first time traveling over sea for all of you guys. I hope you guys like our country. Have you guys been practicing for APEX at all?

earth: Little by little, I'm trying to adjust for the tournament by using only my mains at smashfests, and also by getting used to the stages that are legal at APEX since I'm not familiar with them yet. I do want to do well to represent my region as one of the Japanese players.

RAIN: I'm practicing all the legal stages at APEX since all of them are nonsense and I never even thought about playing on them ever. I do want to get the hang of what each of the stage is like before the tournament.

Brood: Right now I'm busy with college so I can't practice as much, but I'm definitely changing how I think during game play. Also I'm planning on practicing on stages that aren't used here in Japan so that I don't lose to the stage.
Michael Hey: It seems like the stages are the biggest concerns. Are there any players that you want to meet in person or play with at APEX?

RAIN: I do want to see Lain since I know that I would get confused when we get called for our matches since our names are similar. Also I would like to meet DEHF because he mains Falco like I do.

Brood: As an Olimar main, I would like to meet Rich Brown and any other Olimar players out there. Also I want to defeat M2K and Ally since they're very well known here in Japan.

earth: I would like to meet all the Zelda/Sheik players and Pit players, and if I get a chance to, I would like to meet the Sheik player Light since I watch his videos and get ideas from it.

Michael Hey: Is there any shoutouts towards APEX or any kind of goal you want to accomplish at APEX?

Brood: I'm going to win APEX! That's all I have in mind and have to say.

earth: I want to meet and play as many people as I can at APEX. Also I would try my best so that I don't limit the others who are going together from Japan as a team.

RAIN: JAPANESE NO.1 PRAYER *

Michael Hey: Last one. If there is something you want to say feel free and do so.

earth: yayoiori is very cute!!!!!! *

Brood: You are going to lose against Olimar if you don't know the match up right, so learn it and be prepared.

RAIN: Sorry for all the arrogant and douchey comments. I'm actually really excited for this trip. I want to get to meet all the top players and become good friends with them.
I also do want to play famous players like M2K, Ally, ADHD, and more. I can't speak English but I hope I can enjoy the time with all of the players that are going to be there.

Michael Hey: Thanks guys for your time. I hope all of you do well and enjoy APEX2010!

Brood, earth, RAIN: Thank you.

*exact quote, i.e. not translated

If you guys want to check out how they play go see these.
Brood vs L
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7hej_mIHg

earth vs Kei
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X76cI6qs3YA

RAIN vs Nagahari
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoYDORJV02Q

Amsah Interview
Alex Strife: Ok well thank you above all for this interview Amsah. For all those who do not know who you are introduce yourself and tell us why you play smash.

Amsah: Alright, I'm Amsah "Nihonjin" Augustuszoon, I'm 23 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.

Amsah: I started playing smash because of my cousin actually. We're both very competitive and used to compete at pretty much everything (sports, video games etc.). So when he one day introduced me to SSB 64, we competed there as well..

Amsah: Naturally, when Melee came out, we gave that a try as well and liked it. So here we are..

Alex Strife: Awesome man. So why sheik? What made her so interesting to use? Who was the person you looked up to before you became the elite sheik yourself?

Amsah: I used to be a C.Falcon player hahaha. But then my cousin figured out the art of spotdodging and I couldn't beat him anymore, so I decided to try out a new character.
I randomly picked Sheik and she felt natural. I guess I stuck with her because she's most compatible with my brain haha..

Amsah: As for the person I looked up to, definitely Captain Jack. Not only because he's a very good Sheik (obviously), but because he gave me the worst beat down you can imagine on my very first tournament. The things he did were so far outside the realm of what I thought was possible, I couldn't help but admire him.

Alex Strife: Yea Captain Jack is a legend in the realm of melee. So why Apex? What drew you to that event so much?

Amsah: It's a huge tournament featuring the best players in the world, anyone with half a brain would want to be there haha..

Amsah: But mostly I just want to return the favor to a certain Box that's hungry.

Alex Strife: Ah I remember at Pound 4 you took 3rd to him. How are you preparing for Puff with Mango and HungryBox being there ?

Amsah: I don't really have Puffs near me to practice with and though I normally watch vids of opponents I think will give me trouble. I just couldn't bear watching Jiggs..Especially Hbox hahaha..

Alex Strife: Well in that case anything you are really anticipating from this tournament ? I know that a few things like Crews will be happening.

Amsah: Let me make one thing clear though, I *am* practicing haha, just not specifically for Jiggs..I'm excited about the experience as a whole. Singles, teams, crews; they all sound exciting, and especially with how loud the US crowds usually are haha.
But if I had to pick one, I'm most looking forward to singles, in the end that's why I'm really traveling.

Alex Strife: I cannot wait to see you play. Amsah is there anything you want to tell everyone before we go?

Amsah: Please don't be drunk this time Mango..=D

Alex Strife: Alright thanks again man.

These are posted here in case anyone has not read them. Also, I will be interviewing Ultimate Razer for Apex that will be up tomorrow!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I also want to remind people to REGISTER. This is going to be huge and I wanna make sure everyone is here...no johns on missing this event.

BTW Interview with Ultimate Razer up!

Alex Strife: Ok guys, Alex Strife here again and this time I am here with Texas native Ultimate Razer. So tell us how you got into smash and why the name?

Ultimate Razer: Hello Alex. Well my name is actually passed down from my brother. My alternate name is GrimTurtle that I use on PSN and stuff. I've always played smash since 64. I used to play sudden death with items on Hyrule with my brothers. Pretty soon it got down to no items 1v1 on FD. I didn't know about tournaments yet. I followed closely with the development of Brawl and got it opening night. I started playing Wi-Fi tournaments and stuff but that was it. I got into the offline tournament scene after reading a comment on and ICs video. It said "too bad these are banned in Houston tournaments". I contacted him and got directed to smash boards. After that, Xyro showed me the way and I went to HOBO. I'm still active today.

Alex Strife: Wow I never knew you got it from your Brother. Does he still play smash?

Ultimate Razer: No he doesn't play smash. He’s more of a street fighter guy.

Alex Strife: Ah well to each his own. So tell me you went to Apex last year and teamed with UTD Zac and got 2nd only to M2K and Ally! What was it like at the first Apex?

Ultimate Razer: It was actually amazing since it was my first OOS tourney and my first time traveling by plane. You were a great host, I met lots of new people, and teaming with Zac was awesome. Getting second in teams was definitely the highlight of that tournament for me.

Alex Strife: Ah well thanks Razer . What are you expecting this year as Apex hits a new height of attendance?

Ultimate Razer: I'm expecting a lot of hype like Genesis received. I want to meet a lot of new people as well. I really want to do well in singles but a little more in doubles. Gnes is my partner and we've been practicing for months to get our rematch with M2K/Ally. I'm hoping this will also be the greatest tourney experience for a good while.

Alex Strife: Well I hope so too I am running it HAHA. So, as you know, the Japanese are attending with some of their top players. With that in mind are you wondering how they will do?

Ultimate Razer: Definitely. I think all Brawl players will be looking as to how they perform. Hopefully they can adjust to our rule set so they can put up a good fight. I'm probably most scared of Rain.

Alex Strife: Rain is a Falco player so I know how odd that match-up is. What are you doing to prepare for the event?

Ultimate Razer: I actually like Falco . Well, I'm going to lots of tourneys this summer to get experience and going to lots of fests. Gnes sometimes comes over and we get some solid training in. As long as I keep this constant training up, I should be prepared. I've also been playing CPUs.

Alex Strife: Speaking of Gnes he is often a player that is not spoken about outside of Texas. What are you expectations of him and other Texans attending?

Ultimate Razer: Yeah, Gnes is the unknown giant sort of. I expect him, Dojo, and myself to perform at the national level. Dojo is probably a top 3 MK and is just flat out amazing at this game. He knows what to do in many situations and is just a scary player so he should do extremely well like the countless times he has. Gnes got really good vs. MK and is one of the smartest players I know. I expect him to do big things this tourney. But he plays Diddy, so he’s automatically gay.

Alex Strife: Well with ADHD and Gnes this will be a very fun tournament for Diddy players. Any unknown players coming from Texas that will surprise us at Apex?

Ultimate Razer: Hmmmm, the closest one I know that will surprise may be Trela. He’s been on fire recently and could do some things with his Lucario. Lee is also coming...he’s practically TX so I'll include him hehe. Others are coming like Dphat, DMG, Bear, and Jerm. That’s just off the top of my head.

Alex Strife: Ah Lee the famous camper I hope he does well. Is there anyone you are gunning for? Any rival that you want to beat?

Ultimate Razer: Hmmm. Anti and I have been trash talking each other on COD so I want to play him lol. I also want my rematch with ADHD and Atomsk!

Alex Strife: Well I wish you luck. Is there anything you want to tell people on AIB and Smash boards that will help them out or to spread the famous hype?

Ultimate Razer: Just prepare for an epic tournament!

Alex Strife: See you there Razer thanks for the interview

M@v

Subarashii!
I watched some of rain's videos. Hes good, but theres a few things I really didnt like about his falco. For example, the term SHL seems to be near non-existent to him; he barely uses it. Its ALWAYS an shdl, regardless how close/far he is from the other guy.

Coulda just been the face they are a few month old vids though *shrug*

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol all his vids are from like a year ago. i cant find any recent ones. if you see any, please link.

Ultimate Razer: Yeah, Gnes is the unknown giant sort of. I expect him, Dojo, and myself to perform at the national level. Dojo is probably a top 3 MK and is just flat out amazing at this game. He knows what to do in many situations and is just a scary player so he should do extremely well like the countless times he has. Gnes got really good vs. MK and is one of the smartest players I know. I expect him to do big things this tourney. But he plays Diddy, so he’s automatically gay.

i am now in love with razer.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
why is amsah telling me not to be drunk

i really hope he doesnt think he has a chance of beating me

i dont understand you people

ever

**** ******s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom