• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Quotes

zrky

Smash Lol'd
"On the other hand *insert phrase*, but on the other hand *insert phrase*..." Tevya from Fiddler On The Roof

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
"The World...What a Glorious place! Seek freedom...And it will lie out stretched out before your eyes! If the endless dream guides your restless Spirit..Seize it! Raise your flag and stand tall!"

-One Piece.
Excellent.

Here's one: "Don't think, feel! It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory!" - Bruce Lee

edit: Oh, haha, someone already got part of it :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
these are from my aim buddy info:

"Only in Smash Bros community can you use the word "****" in an essay, not use it to mean when someone forces sex on someone, and be totally serious." - Edrees

"I do not fear the ten thousand kicks you have practiced once. I fear the one kick you have practiced ten thousand times." - Shaolin proverb

L__

Smash Master
"If you will rule this land, as now you rule it,
better to rule it full of men than empty.
For neither tower nor ship is anything when empty,
and none live in it together."

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
"If you are killed, then you will die."

Well, I laughed, anyway (found the quote on a faux-motivational poster). I just thought I could throw in a little humor.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Conversation between me and Teran over AIM:

Me: So I'm maining Falcon now. I've already been doing some pretty ridiculous stuff. The other day I did knee -> raptor boost -> knee -> knee -> moonwalk reverse knee. Does that count as a quadruple knee?

Teran: I don't think that's called a quadruple knee. I believe the correct term is 'elongated overkill ****'.

BBQTV

Smash Master
you ether die q hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

"Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears."

"Ten percent of nuthin' is...let me do the math here...nuthin' into nuthin'...carry the nuthin'..."

"Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha ... "

Joss Whedon is my Shakespeare.

sammy p

Smash Lord
..... quite frankly my dear, i dont give a ****... lololol love that line!!!
im cant quite remember what movie its from though...... Gone with the wind mabey???

BBQTV

Smash Master
are you talking to me? are you talking to me? are you taking TO ME?!!!!!!! THEY CALL ME MISTER PIIIIIGGGGGGG!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denzi

Smash Master
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

"Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears."

"Ten percent of nuthin' is...let me do the math here...nuthin' into nuthin'...carry the nuthin'..."

"Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha ... "

Joss Whedon is my Shakespeare.
I've heard most, if not all of these before, and I really can't remember where.

I'll probably feel like a complete idiot when I figure it out.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Those Firefly quotes are pretty great. Such a tragedy that it didn't get the run it deserved, but that's not relevant.

And yes, Sammy P, that is from Gone With The Wind. It's pretty hard to find a more iconic line from a movie than that, considering that it was #1 on AFI's list of quotes, as I recall.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Inigo: I admit it; you are better than I am.
Man in Black: Then why are you smiling?
Inigo: Because I know something you don’t know.
Man in Black: And what is that?
Inigo: I am not left handed! [switches sword to his right hand & they continue fighting, with Inigo winning]
Man in Black: You're amazing!
Inigo: I ought to be, after twenty years.
Man in Black: There's something I ought to tell you.
Inigo: Tell me.
Man in Black: I'm not left-handed either. [switches his sword to his right hand]
—The Princess Bride

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
"Double Posting
Is considered spam, thanks to the amazingness of the edit button."
—Xsyven

C wut I did thar?

I can already guess that someone's gonna post the "Playing mod" rule as a reply to this.. I can even guess that it will happen only because I mentioned it here.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
On Facebook

*Zook* is in a relationship with Shannon Daley.

*Mini Mic*: Poor girl.

That was too good. I editted out our names because I don't want you people knowing who I really am. Or Mini Mic, for that matter.

2cool4u

Smash Rookie
"Do you always hang out in the bathroom naked?"- Phantom Limb

"You get the boys; I'll take care of these guys"
"Are you sure? There's an awful lot of--"
"They hit me with a truck."- Brock Samson

"My [some japanese word] is able to fire a continuous stream of 108 shots at once."
"108 shots at once is very impressive. The only thing is my [something else] fires slightly more...like 1200."- Uryu Ishida

And that down there. If it's still there.

OMG! 1st post :)

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
"Why are you using the shotgun, I thought you always used to use the M Sixte....HOLY **** ITS THE TANK!!"- my friend Casey while we played left 4 dead.

now for a good quote

"to forgive is to set a prisoner free, and find out that the prisoner was you" -Lewis B Smede.

"I dont belive in a higher power, a messiah, a god. But i dont think he belives in me either. Our relationship is mutual, we get along pretty well." -me

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
"And nothing will be broken if your house is made of stone/ But you know as I do it will never be a home" - Streetlight Manifesto (Thomas Kalnoky)

SRY FOR DOUBLE POST!!

Thank God, Ive found another Streetlight fan

heres my streeltigh quote then

"Even if it were so i wouldnt let you go, you could run run run run but i would follow close"

SM ftw

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Wow, just wow. I usually don't forgive that easily...this is going to change me slightly.
Glad you like it. Its one of my favs. Its true though, it takes alot more strenght to forgive then it does to do nothing.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.

Guess.

:D

Never pull sentry duty on an empty stomach

One's an anomaly, two's a trend

****!
What!?
I lost count of my kills!

Did they find the data?
No, I hid it pretty well.
Where exactly?
Mmmmm, you don't wanna know.

Someone important noted your excellence on Geonosis.
You hear that, Sev? Someone thinks I'm excellent.
At least that makes two of you.

If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?

No terminal can match my l33t hax0r skillz!

Never say no to bacta.

Something nailed the leader. Uh, can I be in charge now?

Yeah! Wookiee life debts for everyone!

I love that crunchy sound they make when they die.

I love my job.

Scorch and Sev from SW: Republic Commando

Why are you cc'in me about things that have nothin to do with me?
I do not think that is funny.
'I do not think that is funny'

Jim, Stanley, and Pam from The Office.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
To be able to exhibit that I am thrilled to be alive, and to be still respected.
- Speed Levitch.

Becoming the flower would be cool. I think I'm free Tuesday, I think Tuesday I'll try to become the flower, but come the weekend god dammit, I will appreciate the beauty of the flower, and I will stand exhibitionist and let the flower appreciate the beauty of me.
- Speed Levitch.

To realize that one is a dream figure, in another person's dream, that is self awarness
- Speed Levitch.

And so many people think, that because then happened, now isn't, but didn't I mention, the on going wow that is happening right now!
- Speed Levitch.

There'll be time to get by to get dry after the swimming pool
There'll be time to just cry i wonder why it didnt work out
Therell be time to fish fry for letters by yours truly
Yours truly
Animal Collective- Banshee Beat from Feels

Top Bottom