• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Quotes

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
Give a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

A proof is a proof. What is a proof? A proof. A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's proven.
-Jean Chretien

Support peace or I'll kill you.
-Anonymous
Support peace or I'll kill you
O.o lol sound like the black panthers

Yaya

Smash Champion
"I don't think a writer could ever commit suicide, he'd be too busy trying to make the suicide note just right, first draft, second draft, third draft, revision, all new ending, then he'd turn it into a book proposal and have a reason to live!" George Carlin - Life is Worth Losing

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
"There is Always Hope..."-Banksy
"If you live your life to the standards of others, your life is not truly your own"-Yuji "Saku" Sakurai

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I like a similar one: There's no "i" in team, but there is in win.
What about There's no I in team but there is in injury. I once told that to some kid and (he was like 3 years younger in elementary) he went away crying. why i told him that he stole my lunch

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
"We Don't Sleep to Dream, We Sleep to Build Stamina" -Mike Shinoda

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
"This is the problem with the youth of today: too much time inventing nonsense words, not enough time taking a bullet in the lung defending a hill.

-cut-

The following is a short list of things men should be engaged in, at all times:

1. Getting a haircut
2. Yelling
3. Digesting ribs
4. Hill defense"

- The Soldier

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
"On this bridge, Lorca warned, Life is not a dream; beware, and beware, and beware. And so many think, because then happened, now isn't, but didn't I mention? The ongoing wow, is happening right now. We are all co-authors of this dancing exuberance where even are inabilities are having roast. We the authors of ourself, co-authoring a gigantic Kafkaesque novel staring clowns. This entire thing we are involved in called the world is an opportunity to exhibit how exciting alienation can be. Life is a matter of a matter of a mirical, collected over time by moments flabbergasted to be in each others presences. The world is an exam, to see if we can rise to the direct experiences: our eyesight is here as a test to see if we can see beyond it, matter is a test of our curiosity, doubt is here as an exam of our vitality. Thomas man wrote, that he would rather participate in life then write a hundred stories. Jacqamedie, was once runned down by a car, and he recalled being lulled into a lucid state, a sudden exhiliration, as he recalls thinking, "At last! Something is happening to me!" An assumption devlops, you can not understand life and live life at the same time. I do not agree entirely, which is to say that I do not exactly disagree. I would say, that life understood IS life lived, but the paradoxes bug me. I can learn to love, and make love to the paradoxes that bug me, and on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion. Before you drift off, don't forget, which is to say, remember, because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than dreaming, Lorca, in that same poem wrote, the iguana will bite those who do not dream. And, as one relieazes, that one is a dream figure, in another persons dream, THAT is self awareness."

Speed Levitch- Waking Life

TheLoneWolf

Smash Rookie
Well...

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:

1. "I know this world is so cold & deceiving, but I'ma keep my head up like my nose is bleeding" Lil Wayne
2. "Before you size me up, get the scene right" Lil Wayne
3. "You can love me or hate me, I swear it won't make me or break me" Lil Wayne
4. "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over analyzing a situation, trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened, or you can just leave the pieces on the floors & move the **** on" Tupac
5. "I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing: through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep ya head up, and handle it." Tupac

Those are just a few. Fo those of y'all who quick to criticize, understand sumthin:

These quotes relate to me personally. Ain't nobody tell u dat u gotta like em, but I'ma need u to respect dem. ;)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. Henry David Thoreau

When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words. I've lived all five of my acts, Mahoney, and I am not asking you to be happy that I must go. I'm only asking that you turn the page, continue reading... and let the next story begin. And if anyone asks what became of me, you relate my life in all its wonder, and end it with a simple and modest "He died." Mr. Edward Magorium

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Omg! First off thankyou soo much for making this thread! I love quotes! =DD

"You always looked like you were in pain since I met you,
In pain...In pain...your face showed so much pain.
You had the same eyes as I did.
Your face looked so lonely and painful, like you couldn't bare it.
...I was the one being comforted...
They took away things that were precious to you,
and you were betrayed by people you trusted,
And you were abandoned.
Having lost the way to live on, you've gone from place to place,
and the heartache you carried because of the same pain we share...
...Back then, with that small trembling body,
you tried to hug with all the power you could muster...
someone who has gone through the same pain you did?
And that was because it was the one thing you wanted someone else to do for you." -Claymore

day-day

Smash Ace
"Can we visit the planet of bacon men and have the marrow sucked from our bones?"
or
"Plank reminds me of fresh cut flowers strewn across a babbling brook with a hint of lemon"
or
"Do not taunt the claw!"
or
"This reminds me of the movie 'Zombies from the deep freeze-a cash cow'. This is the part were we'll be torn into pieces, stuffed into ice cube trays, frozen into ice cubes and used to cool their drinks!"
lol i'm such a ed boy :laugh:

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
"An eye for an eye, we both lose our site, and two wrongs don't make a right.... So you wonder* at what point when does one fight? (good question right?)" - Jay-Z

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Family Guy
Tom Tucker, Canadian Guy

CG- I was finally about to bone my girlfriend out at the lake
but suddenly she yelled, i looked up and it was bigfoot

TT - So what happened next?

CG - i was about to bone her but the mosquitoes were going crazy and there was like noooo waaayy

i love famliy guy....

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
"The World...What a Glorious place! Seek freedom...And it will lie out stretched out before your eyes! If the endless dream guides your restless Spirit..Seize it! Raise your flag and stand tall!"

-One Piece.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, the wise as false, and rulers as useful."

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
"A dump truck rolled over yesterday afternoon and all the dirt came out. The truck rolled onto more dirt. It was hard to tell the dirt apart. There were no injuries."

-Fox 7-TV, Austin, Texas

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
"They say that wicked creatures prowl this beautiful river bank. but no one has ever seen one."
I once asked an old man why . He simply replied, "Because anyine who happens upon one is promptly eaten!"
Yet it has been long since anyone has met such a fate. Only we walk the path now, travelers in crystal caravans."

_- River Belle Path -_

I loved Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

“The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired.”
-Stephen Hawking

I love Science.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
"God's greatest gift is the gift of Life; everything else is bonus" - sg

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed" Michael Jordan

"There is always someone better then you. you only have to amount to the lvl of bull**** that is required of you" Ed Donald

day-day

Smash Ace
"If the Machine breaks down, we all break down!"

"Ain't nobody doing nothing to no one or body! Now, Mr. Portnoy is feeling a little flu-ish, don't wanna walk, put him up on that cloven-hoof animal! "

"Alpa Chino: And why am I in this movie? Maybe I just knew I had to represent, because they had one good part in it for a black man and they gave it to Crocodile Dundee.
Kirk Lazarus: Pump your brakes, kid. That man is a national treasure."

"Kirk Lazarus: [to Tugg] We're tired of being your trail donkeys! Wandering around the jungle like you some kinda one man GPS! We lost man! [to Kevin] Tell him McKlutsky! Tell him what time it is!"

"Kirk Lazarus: All right fellas, we're gonna make camp, rest up. Y'all might be in for a treat. You know back before the war broke out I was a saucier in San Antone. I bet I could collar up some of them greens, yeah, some crawfish out the paddy, yo'! Ha! I'm makin' some crabapples for dessert now, yo!"

"Kirk Lazarus: Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box"

Gotta love Trope Thunder lol :laugh:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
LMAO yea Trpoic Thuinder was epic, loved the start. I was like whoa his is action-packed >__<

"I'M A LEAD FARMER MUTHAF****R!

Top Bottom