• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Quotes

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
"Personally, I think everyone is beautiful. Mostly me."
-The Mysterious Sign Painter, World of Goo

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
My Friend-"Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause kids."

Random Greek Guy(can't remember name)-"Through Suffering comes wisdom."

My Friend(again)-"Remember, kids. You don't have to do drugs to be cool. You have to sell them."

Lao Tzu-

"He who knows that Enough is Enough will always have enough."

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. "

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. "

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. "

"If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence. "

"One can not reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others. "

"Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment. "

"The wicked leader is he who the people despise. The good leader is he who the people revere. The great leader is he who the people say, 'We did it ourselves.' "

"To lead people, walk behind them. "

"To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. "

"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. "

"Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good. "

"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you. "

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Quoting myself with my drunken wisdom.

"If money doesn't buy you happiness, you don't have enough of it."

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

-Maynard James Keenan

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
"There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."

-Carl Jung

Makes me think...

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
"Some wisdom, man. Seeing someone new, you never know quite what you can expect from them. However, you probably shouldn't expect too much. Just kidding. Hup!" - Pascal from the Animal Crossing movie fandub

"The food here... It was terrible, and...they gave us hardly any... I... will have vengeance." - Ilyana from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

"Hold! Hold, I say!" - Dheginsea from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
"Too good for words"-me
"i'd rather be dead"-me (this one is fun to use.like if someone asks me if i want to go to the park i'd say this)

-Sionnach-

Smash Rookie
"Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies.
Thought would destroy their paradise.
No more; where ignorance is bliss,
'Tis folly to be wise."
- Thomas Gray

"If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."
- Emerson Pugh

"Don't dodge into me. OH YOU JUST DID, I CALLED IT."
- Luke

"Take this!"
- Mew2King

"EXTENDER! HE SCURRED. EXTENDERRRRR! EXTENDERRERRR."
- Wes

You know, deep stuff.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a ****ing doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the ****? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were ****ing dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a ****ing DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the **** out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I ****ING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHER****ING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy ****ing ****.
This already is likely to become a meme. Already known in many sectors of the internet.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
"SnooPING AS usual, I see!" - Dr. Ivo Robotnik

"WHY NOT?!?!" - King K. Rool

There's too many quotes I like for me to bother to type up. Just consider those two my current favorite.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
"C'mon times over, lets do dis LEEROY~! JEN-KANZ~!"
-Leeroy Jenkins.

"See these things, they look like tusks, now what kind of animal has tusks?"
"A walrus."
"Didn't I just tell you to stop makin' up animals."
-Sarge and Grif from RvsB.

"Robot #2, codeword~: dirtbag!"
*Computer Sounds.*
*PUNCH!*
"Ow! Hey!"
-Sarge and Grif, RvsB.

"Roasted on BLUE FIYAH!"
-Me, As Lucario.

"Sorry, MAH BOI!"
"You lose, MAH BOI!"
"Bowser is KING, YUS?!"
-Me, As Bowser.

"DO A BARREL ROLL!"
"Peppy, SHUT THE **** UP!"
"I dunno Fox, I think hes onto something..."
-Somebody's Comic, Peppy, Fox, then Krystal...use your imagination.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Granger looked into the fire. "Phoenix."

"What?"

"There was a silly **** bird called a phoenix back before Christ, every few hundred years he built a pyre and burnt himself up. He must have been first cousin to Man. But every time he burnt himself up he sprang up out of the ashes, he got himself born all over again. And it looks like we're doing the same thing, over and over, but we've got one **** thing that the Phoenix never had. We know the silly thing we just did. We know all the silly **** things we've done for a thousand years and as long as we know that and always have it around where we can see it, someday we'll stop making the god**** funeral pyres and jumping in the middle of them. We pick up a few more people that remember every generation."

--- "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury.

"I will not accept this world; to it, I will always say no." --- Blue Sub #6.

"I am all, but what am I?" --- "The Blister Exists" by Slipknot.

"You cannot hope." --- "The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: Lord Foul's Bane" by Stephen R. Donaldson. (You may scoff at the character, Lord Foul, who quoted this. Especially since everything that preceded it seems pretty long-winded and complicated. It becomes clearer as you read into the series just how scary Lord Foul is. He's not some Cthuloid monstrosity; he IS hatred and spite incarnate. It's very profound to me.)

Smooth Criminal

Clownbot

Smash Lord
"A racist just moved in down the block! He has a statue of a sleeping Mexican on his lawn!"
"Oh, that's just like white people! To take a group of people and say they're all the same!"

Top Bottom