• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why are we comparing sheik to other characters

lets talk about developments in sheiks metagame

theres not much

im just getting better at matchups LOL

full hop needles are too good, im doing that a lot more, gotta aim em

i am using vanish more cuz of that lagless landing too good

and im trying more to find openings for fsmash and usmash, i noticed ppl dont shield a lot on the ground when u are pressuring them with spaced ftilt, needles, or chain so its easier to connect those than u think. just adapt and u'll see the openings

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
In my head sheik and Falco are very similar, which is why I'm always confused when people say sheik isn't tourney viable.

Falco does have a chain grab into spike on pretty much everyone at some kind of percent. but it isn't enough to kill most of the cast. It racks decent damage and get falco a good start. falco has pretty good grab range to so that a huge plus
His ground game is amazing, mostly due to that jab of his at frame two with dececnt range it sudo combos into grabs an what not.
Falco's SHL is also pretty beast comboing into jab and setting up for decent mix ups; relatively safe to approach with if you ever have to. that said IT's better tool for camping and force the approach on your own terms, since it as virtually no land lag you are almost always on in a favorable position after the shot. while a good numbr of characters can eliminate SHL with ducking under it or reflecting it so so big a part of his game against most of the cast you can't really ignore it.
Phantasm is huge on most stages for running away like a small child when ever there is a situation that is even slightly unfavorable. Luckily all the cool stages where he can't do that are banned spare frigate and rainbow. (at least in my region :) )
His air game is above average, trading range for speed or vice versa he has a solid aerial moveset. His big moves being bair uair and of course his world famous dair.
Cool.
His biggest flaws are obvious ones. a very two dimensional recovery. Every character can put him in a situation where either it's his stock or a new edge gaurding situation, a weighted rock paper scissors game. this is even more true against characters with projectiles.
His fall speed and weight class put him in a lot of trouble with a good number of characters pika, sheik, fox, have true combos or chains that can get him from relatively low percents to over the 50 mark I think wario and peach can chain grab him a little as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
Last but not least, Killing. Right now falco's rely on mind games to get their kills down throw to a charged forward smash? yeah thats common... all of falco ground kill moves have decent start up so he can't combo into them. instead he baits dodges or rolls. and while moves like bair and uair are very viable in terms of strength and speed they lack the range needed to break into most characters safety zones.

SO... In my head:
Pros:
Chain grabs to 60+ on a bunch of characters
Great camp game (on most of the cast...)
Good approach game
Cons:
"Meh" recovery options
Weight/fall speed issues
Kill problems.

I gotta go play smash... So... I'll compare to sheik later. :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For Wario, if you mean from around 53% to over 120%, then yeah just a little lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ALL HE WANTS IS LOVE!

NO WAIT, ALL HE WANTS IS TO TALK TO OLD FRIENDS, AND YOU HAD TO **** HIM IN FRIENDLIES.... YOU JUST HAD TO CRUSH HIS SOUL AT A HATED DITTO!

I...

I love you for that. Not specifically being an A Hole to him, but being able to be an A Hole.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
:p

he just has to know that he has a lot to learn

i dont care how many tricks he has up his sleeve

theyre useless if u dont kno anything about zoning, momentum, proper decision making, timing, spacing, all that stuff. years of melee under my belt is gonna make me beat him with any character in any matchup

dmg, wanna play me? or do u not do wifi

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Yeah except for the fact that I haven't played in a while.
I didn't even take tricks into consideration. I forgot to even use Needle's when I chose Sheik.
In other words, I suck. I knew I suck before I fought you.
I didn't think that you would use me being rusty as a way to attack me.
Before I quit my main focus was on zoning and spacing.

Anyways, the lack of ability to play does not denote the ability to debate or vice-versa.
However, I did not return here so I could argue with people. All I wanted to do is talk to some people.
Since I have the people that I want to talk to AIM accounts, I think I should just send them a message instead of coming to this place.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I only Wifi in 2 instances nowadays:

1. AiB Ladder, mostly for ****s and giggles even though I do try to make it into playoffs, which honestly is really easy to do if you do it correctly.

2. Local Friend who lives kinda close but neither of us feel like walking to each other's house, so we have a few sessions online.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol alright savior. but still, playing skill definitely gives people some credibility in my eyes. thats why ppl dont listen, just saying

and alright dmg

i got on aib ladder just now anyway haha i use sheik only ahhhh i lose to ddd's on wifi, get ***** sheik

saviorslegacy

lol alright savior. but still, playing skill definitely gives people some credibility in my eyes. thats why ppl dont listen, just saying
I really don't care. I once tried to make Sheik an awesome character and spent tons of time trying to make her good.
I care then. When I left I ceased to care. That doesn't mean I am not aloud to call bull **** or state my opinion.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL what falcos are you playing that use down throw -> fsmash? hint: bad ones

falco is able to very easily condition reactions using close up options like jab, dthrow/bthrow and even with long range options like lasers

with those options and enough mix ups falco can put huge pressure on you while you try to avoid death. he has to predict a little bit though. this plan doesn't really work if you're playing against DMG though. speaking of DMG...i want to see your falco. time out with lasers!? LASER BUTTHOLES!?

regarding his recovery...do you have any idea how hard it is for any character roughly b-tier and below to punish falco's recovery effectively? seriously. also you're overexaggerating his recovery situation, by vertically spacing phantasm on the recovery, using cancel options and also platforms/stage elements its easier to avoid the edgeguarding situation (though he's bad at getting out of juggles too)

falco has huge abilities to put on damage and avoid getting hit so getting hit a lot of times/combo'd isn't really an issue unless you have ******** **** like wario chain grab. it's a problem, sure, but so long as you're patient...you have 8-x minutes left lol where x = minutes you've played so far

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i make sheik good by myself ahhh ****

jk i take tips here and there :)

stuff i use that i didnt invent myself:

dacus
full hop needles
grab release stuff
chain

everything else i just improvised lol get at my sheik people

saviorslegacy

hmmmm.. before I go I want to play a game.
Everyone played it once in a while, and I always thought it was fun.
"Post a pic of yourself."

I'll get one later tonight.

:EDIT:
Koku, post one of yourself this time. I am curious as to what you look like. Also Chok, DMG and Manga.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

im on the left

guy on the right mains peach, pretty good

♥

lol to explain the outfits...

we brought girls to the mall, and we made them pick stuff out for us to try out in dressing rooms. crazy stuff. we got some for them too, fun stuff

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i make sheik good by myself ahhh ****

jk i take tips here and there :)

stuff i use that i didnt invent myself:
dacus
full hop needles
grab release stuff
chain
nair in general

everything else i just improvised lol get at my sheik people

When I had FAR too much to drink

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh wow -Mar- that sex change and fully body skin pigment dye you got is starting to pay off.

Here's me after I lost another round against my swore enemy acne

...oh by the way everyone, I starting to learn how to use meta knight.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea I think it turned out for the better. If you look closely I kept a lot of my best feautures:

Before:

After:

Edit:

awww saviors cute pic bruh

bwwahahahahah chok's pic is funny.

Tristan and Danger are some sexi doods.

bwahahahaha donaldo drunk ahahahah too good.

Judo777

Smash Master
I feel like this might be "A TRAP!" but um that is Miley Cyrus not Paris Hilton lol. And meh shes ok......she cant sing tho hahaha

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
What do you guys think of a Snake + Shiek team?

Input appreciated, teaming with Crossjeremiah for HOBO 22 next week, would like to know lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
um... @ dthrow fsmash
M@V from PA just played rectently
My buddy xYz
various falcos have that as a highlight in combo videoes.

The idea is that the opponent tries read your chase and DIs towards you with an air dodge avoiding and aerial follow up.

my point was. falcos try to set up situations that should easily be avoided. as sheil I can pressure the crap out of everyone the same way you would with falco, my jabs, tilts, needles. except my jab leads to kills on connect you know?

most characters can cut off falcos options with very little prediction. even with phantasm cancel most of the time you are going to be left with these options land on stage or grab the edge. The platform options are pretty safe. but over all he is far easier that most of the cast to gimp.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Snake + Sheik team is awesome. Sheik can deal a lot of damage and has trouble killing. Snake kills early, survives long and also deals a lot of damage. Sheik has the mobility to steer clear of Snake's explosives.

This team works very well.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Guys... played NL's Wolf today and remembered some things I wanted to discuss about it sicne last time I played it. Wolf isn't really..easy at all lol. Also, he seems to be able to shine out of the ftilt > usmash bit. Like you can ftilt lock him until 100% but when u try to r the usmash his shine comes out too quick... Idk if I'm doing it wrong or something, but yea. Then killing him becomes quite the hastle. It's already difficult enough landing ftilts on him...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
He shouldn't be able to shine out you check Tristan's hitstun guide.

Ftilt is hard to land if it is the only thing you are going for. don't force kill ops if you have to get wolf up to like 180 before the kill that's fine, avoid damage yourself. Be a ninja.

Top Bottom