• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh ok.

Yeah don't play as him in tournament. Wario is garbage.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
DMG do you realize you are telling players that choose to play a character that dies at 105% to a snake utilt that wario sucks??

iLight

Smash Lord
smash di down and tech it =], a week ago i got bassem to try smash-DIing sheik's u-smash on the edge of FD, he could go down and around the side of FD then tech it. ****ing bad *** ****, so hard though lol, he only did it like 7 times total out of like 80 tries lol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
u can tech on a side wall but u cant tech on the ground.

Upwards trajectories are untechable on ground and downward trajectories are untechable on ceilings. They are only techable on walls, and edges act as walls

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Why do yall play characters if you think they are so bad you can't win with them? I fail to understand this.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Why do yall play characters if you think they are so bad you can't win with them? I fail to understand this.
Some people use Sheik BECAUSE they think she's bad. I just use her because she fits my playstyle.
Mk does too, though, so I use him if I really, really, really want to win. However, that's not very often. :p

I'm coming back here for a bit.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Everyone come to this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263780

$1000 guaranteed bonus on top of whatever's in the pot.

Utah don't mess around.
Only summer tournament I am looking forward to is APEX 2010, and if you guys don't go to that then quit life.

Bigger than Pound ftw.

EDIT:

Regional Tourney

Stage Lists

Starter Stages:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville

CP stages.
YS brawl
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Horrible. Good enough reason not to go

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol.. still in Utah man..not traveling that far. If the stages are gonna be legit then its a great tourney I suppose.

Judo777

Smash Master
How the hell is port town aero dive legal on that list but lylat isnt even a cp. YI is a CP so you think this list is really conservative until u see port town as a choice lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Omg that kid is dumb i knew people were gonna flip out.....now you guys see what bullcrap stages i have to put up wit at our local tournaments.

That won't be the stagelist trust me lol.

Oh and <3 X will be there:)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
oh wow, Luigi's Mansion is legal.... I could **** so much *** if I went to that tournament.

With a hard top above sheik her chain camping becomes nearly nonpunishable for a lot of characters
We can use the pillars to fully decay the ftilt so we can do ftilt into usmash combos in the 130's. Because of it's hard platforms sheik poor recovery from ledge game is strengthen
We can make are tilt locks combos last longer because they can't DI out from the top.
We can hide behind pillars as we charge up are needles, making a good sum of spam fight suddenly very winnable with are burst range attacks.

Luigi's mansion is such a beast sheik stage.

edit: oh we can also be gay like meta knight on that stage and time people out.

Judo777

Smash Master
oh wow, Luigi's Mansion is legal.... I could **** so much *** if I went to that tournament.

With a hard top above sheik her chain camping becomes nearly nonpunishable for a lot of characters
We can use the pillars to fully decay the ftilt so we can do ftilt into usmash combos in the 130's. Because of it's hard platforms sheik poor recovery from ledge game is strengthen
We can make are tilt locks combos last longer because they can't DI out from the top.
We can hide behind pillars as we charge up are needles, making a good sum of spam fight suddenly very winnable with are burst range attacks.

Luigi's mansion is such a beast sheik stage.

edit: oh we can also be gay like meta knight on that stage and time people out.
Yea we are pretty good there the only problem is there are many characters that are just flat out ******** on this stage. Olimar on mansion is like ike on pirateship its just ******** freakin g tech chase u with upsmash lol. Dk is also pretty gay there Groundpund is annpying as hell and jab lock > 9 wind kills at 40. Rob turns the masnion into his private fortress and youll never get inside once u leave. Lucarios can be tough on this stage too. Great stage for sheik but monster stage for many others.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
yeah nearly every character that can jab lock loves this stage, even the low tier mario and link.
what makes ike beast on pirate ship btw?

iLight

Smash Lord
grab > u-throw > rocket barrels >**** (+more **** if you tech)

not to mention hard to deal with bananas on that stage for sheik at least for me, then again i play against gnes so its just hard for me to deal with his bananas period

Judo777

Smash Master
yeah nearly every character that can jab lock loves this stage, even the low tier mario and link.
what makes ike beast on pirate ship btw?
Ike is ridiculous on pirate ship for like 10 reasons lol

1st there is the water. The water is what makes this stage for ike. He cant be gimped so now he has awesome recovery because he is safe in the water. Also when ike is in the water u can't be in the water cause ike will **** u. Aether is a nice spike under the water that gives him super armor and a huge hitbox so have fun spiking ike. Once ur hit with aether he can dair u to death. He can also edge guard with aether attempting to catch u with it offstage and kill u. He can also repeatedly jump out of the water and fair u if u are in the water either offstage or into the boat.

2nd not sure why but the stage is shaped to give ike an advantage the slants make aether safer on landing. The platform are the perfect height for his sword and the shape of the stage is just perfect for him tho its hard to explain.

3rd Ike has 2 different infinties on this stage. If the little boat on the right side comes up he can grab you on that boat and fthrow infinite u up against the boats head (king of lions or something). Also when the boat tips up on the rock he can fthrow infinite u on the underside of the boat.

4th ike is freaking heavy so hes hard to kill without gimping which means the random bombs on the stage are a much larger threat to you than him. Also he can counter the bombs if he sees them coming and be careful cause i think he gets an additional hit which can break ur sheild.

5th although this will be banned soon id bet is rudder camping. Ike along with many others can go under water and stay under the ships rudder making him unhittable by normal conventions so if he gets a stock lead he can wait under water for u via the rudder. There are people with projectiles that can stop this but some cant. The only other way to stop it is to also go under water and try tp push ike toward the underside of the ship and out from under the rudder which will kill him. This however mean you have to get into the water with ike which is just a bad idea.

Ike is a monster on pirate ship

Also i realize i only gave 5 but i was exaggerating lol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Some solid mental training under progress. Made some changes to my style for MUs. Much better against Diddy and Marth now.

Let's see what happens at Gauntlet.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
thanks judo, its just that ive never played on pirate ship except for FFA lols with casuals

-Mars-

Smash Hero
In Utah Luigi's Mansion is legal and the local Diddy main alwas takes me there.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh, yeah if you let him grab you under there sure. but why would you go to fight him there in the frist place when worst come to worse you can just break the house.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
the house takes pretty long to break unfortunately though and sheik being underneath the opponent is never a good thing

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
DOUBLE POST!~

Ran into this new sheik at a fest yersterday. Renki; he is primarily self taughtbut I'm really impressed by what he's doing with so little player experince. His mix ups are amazing his edge gaurding and recovery choices are very good. He's safe and smart.
His jab canceling game is on point, in a few months he'll be giving me and ED/Scary a run for our money down here. He really came out of no where, he's getting better and better every time he plays, he learns fast, and he picks up and break habits very quick.

Um... I'm gonna try and record some of his sheik in the near future, you guys will definitely be impressed by this guy.

Top Bottom