• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I could let you stay in my room at my school, but that's in long island and its like 1-2 hours away from the city (depends on when you come really). This offer could only apply as of monday though.

So get that match up experience at the tourney. Play mad friendlies, etc and **** next time. =)
You know, although the sheik community is small I think we are a pretty tight net group. I posted asking for housing and both sheik mains in that area offered, I'm touched.

Thank you rathy for you offer but last night I talk to dmt about it for a while and although nothing finalized yet I think I'm going to be take his offer since it sounds like a mini smashfest will most likely be happening.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Don't think too much of it. I just wanted to steal your sheik secrets. =P

A mini smashfest would be cool. How exclusive is it?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Hey... I thought Tristan coming to NYC was a good enough reason to throw a little smashfest. Good hospitality should go without saying lmao

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol Brawl Sheik dittos are worse than Melee Sheik dittos.

Let me rephrase. Brawl Sheik dittos are as bad as Melee Jigglypuff Dittos.

I suppose it can be fun if we put a 2 ftilt limit on the game tho. Maybe it would be entertaining to watch me and Tristan face each other in Sheik dittos?

Hype?

HelpR

Smash Ace
oh good lord. I need to put a stop to this, next thing I know we're gonna have every sheik main in the tristate area coming through. 2 is enough, hell, even the the one I know is one too many.

lol, but on the serious, we'd be glad to have you guys come through, we love playing different people. Hope to play you two if you do decide to come through

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
You know, although the sheik community is small I think we are a pretty tight net group. I posted asking for housing and both sheik mains in that area offered, I'm touched.

Thank you rathy for you offer but last night I talk to dmt about it for a while and although nothing finalized yet I think I'm going to be take his offer since it sounds like a mini smashfest will most likely be happening.
fack I wish I could come, we never did get our Ganon/Sheik MM in at Pound :( I wish I had said something to you the one time I saw you, but I figured I'd see you again somewhere... but alas :/

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Huh, I just change my "Y" button to specials and I'm now nearly 100% constant on doing full hop needle storms.

If any other Sheiks don't use "Y" or "X" buttons for anything and don't mind changing your controls on the gamecube controller I'll suggest doing this so you can do lag less aerial needles better.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
CLAW!
posted new results/info on some match ups in their respective threads

also recorded 2 vids from the last tournament. I will get 1 uploaded for sure the other idk who's wii it was
Good ****! =D

edit:
This weekend I'll try to get some matches of my Sheik recorded. If so, I'll send some to you. :D
Finally found my sd card so pm me if you still want those vids put up. This applies to all sheik mains. =D

Judo777

Smash Master
Huh, I just change my "Y" button to specials and I'm now nearly 100% constant on doing full hop needle storms.

If any other Sheiks don't use "Y" or "X" buttons for anything and don't mind changing your controls on the gamecube controller I'll suggest doing this so you can do lag less aerial needles better.
Omg change ur specials button!!!!! thats soo genius tristan thank you! i have been trying to figure out a good way to do that for forever! i swappped my down taunt (seeing as how thats the taunt i use the least with everyone) to jump so i could do it but thats soooo much better Ill swap X to specials right now!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Omg change ur specials button!!!!! thats soo genius tristan thank you! i have been trying to figure out a good way to do that for forever! i swappped my down taunt (seeing as how thats the taunt i use the least with everyone) to jump so i could do it but thats soooo much better Ill swap X to specials right now!
You could also set your L or R (if you don't use it) to jump. Same thing. Or claw controls. It's how I full hop laser and jumpshine with Wolf and immediate aerial phantasm so easily with Falco.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
default controls. Unless I'm dacusing...

I used to dacus with claw since I swear you just grab with "Z set to grab" but I switched my controls to tap jump off and R set to attack. I only really turn it one when I want to dacus or in tourney matches. I don't dacus. still focusing on training up my basics in friendlies, spacing, baiting...

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
default even when dacusing. I found myself changing control every time something new came out and it got annoying so I'm keeping it default no matter what. plus claw is just g.

@<3: I used to use R and tap jump off for dacus, but I realize now that it didn't really help much. You either do or don't know the timing. =/

iLight

Smash Lord
yeah i tend to dacus too much sometimes, but honestly i think it pays off having the dacus setups under your belt too.

for instance i played against RedHalberd from florida in friendlies, didn't get a single grab on him, yet hit him with at least 5-6 dacus's in 1 match

and as everyone knows i claw lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Here's why tap jumping helps me.

I input Tap forward->tap up->down C->R

with it off you have to do Tap forward->downC- Tap up-> R

You see with tap jump off you are allowed to buffer the up part of the upsmash much easier. If I were to do my dacus method with tap jump off I'll down air every time. In my head having tap jump off removes an input right now I pretty much just tap diagonally and down C + R for my dacus and it works pretty consitently

iLight

Smash Lord
Here's why tap jumping helps me.

with it off you have to do Tap forward->downC- Tap up-> R

You see with tap jump on you are allowed to buffer the up part of the upsmash much easier. If I were to do my dacus method with tap jump off I'll down air every time. In my head having tap jump off removes an input right now I pretty much just tap diagonally and down C + R for my dacus and it works pretty consitently
i understand what you said but note that i fixed your sentence =]

also that's kind of cool, i never understood that, with tap jump on because sometimes i would forget to fix my name i would just start from the bottom and rotate my control stick forward then up to dacus

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Here's why no tap jumping helps me.

with it on you have to do Tap forward->downC- Tap up-> R

You see with tap jump off you are allowed to buffer the up part of the upsmash much easier. If I were to do my dacus method with tap jump off I'll down air every time. In my head having tap jump off removes an input right now I pretty much just tap diagonally and down C + R for my dacus and it works pretty consitently
Fix'd consistency and accuracy of this post. lol... to think we were discussing this a few days ago, and then you go and confuse tap jump here lol

Tap Jump OFF = Easier DACUS

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm a tard and can't utilt with tap jump on lol and it makes DACUS wayyyyyyyy easier. Claw method is an unnecessary waste of effort imo.

Judo777

Smash Master
You could also set your L or R (if you don't use it) to jump. Same thing. Or claw controls. It's how I full hop laser and jumpshine with Wolf and immediate aerial phantasm so easily with Falco.
I have R as attack and L sheild so i didnt have a free button. I never thought of just putting special button closer to Y tho again tristan ur a genius! X was a button i never used anyway.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I just turned off tap jump...

It's so much easier now. Thanks guys.

And also, I've been practicing the f-tilt-> footstool-> weak n-air-> needles-> needle-> upsmash combo on R.O.B with some success. Is that a legit combo or should I give up on it?

Secondly, what's the easiest, best way to grab release-> regrab infinite Wario? Does it work when he's still got his second jump? And does anyone know the best way to practice it by myself?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
So I just turned off tap jump...

It's so much easier now. Thanks guys.

And also, I've been practicing the f-tilt-> footstool-> weak n-air-> needles-> needle-> upsmash combo on R.O.B with some success. Is that a legit combo or should I give up on it?
I thought it was weak bair instead of nair. It's legit on ROB.

That said, what's the easiest, best way to grab release-> regrab infinite Wario? Does it work when he's still got his second jump? And does anyone know the best way to practice it by myself?
Pivot grab. Once you GR him, dash just a bit past where he looks to land and pivot grab. Repeat this with more pummels as you go and you'll infinite him so long as you don't pummel too much.

If you grab him under 40%, do GR > footstool > ff weak bair > needles > needle > dash regrab and then just start the infinite unless he;s still under 40%.

This is all legit. Of course you can just kill him with GR > running usmash when he's high enough in percent.

For practice just practice doing the whole thing from 0-death on FD. If you see you mess up more at a specific part out of the 3 phases, you can just repeatedly practice that.

The GR combos work regardless of whether he has his 2nd jump or not.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You know guys i've had my brother jump out of it everytime if he still has his second jump.......i'm not sure if it works or if i'm a frame off or something.

Edit:

Dan lvl 9 Warios tend to be the best practice i've found.....they even jump out of it every once in a while lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Footstool ones you can DI the footstool and avoid the Bair actually. There's actually a lot going on during that where Wario has multiple "get out of jail free" cards based on what is happening/where he is at.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought it was weak bair instead of nair. It's legit on ROB.
I've been using n-air. Is b-air particularly better for any reason?

Pivot grab. Once you GR him, dash just a bit past where he looks to land and pivot grab. Repeat this with more pummels as you go and you'll infinite him so long as you don't pummel too much.

If you grab him under 40%, do GR > footstool > ff weak bair > needles > needle > dash regrab and then just start the infinite unless he;s still under 40%.

This is all legit. Of course you can just kill him with GR > running usmash when he's high enough in percent.

For practice just practice doing the whole thing from 0-death on FD. If you see you mess up more at a specific part out of the 3 phases, you can just repeatedly practice that.

The GR combos work regardless of whether he has his 2nd jump or not.
You know guys i've had my brother jump out of it everytime if he still has his second jump.......i'm not sure if it works or if i'm a frame off or something.

Edit:

Dan lvl 9 Warios tend to be the best practice i've found.....they even jump out of it every once in a while lol.
Well, by practice I really meant "how do you do learn to do it consistenly?" xD.

I've been waiting for him to air release, then I'll push the control stick towards Wario just afterwards. While holding towards Wario I'll jump up a split second late because if I just jump up regularly while mashing the jump button I'll never get the footstool. Waiting a sec will allow me to do it, but I'm not sure if performing it that way is legit or not- if there's an opening to airdodge that the lvl 9 isn't taking... or are the lvl 9s frame perfect too?

I'm not very aware of the timing, basically, and I want to try to make it easier. <.<

Footstool ones you can DI the footstool and avoid the Bair actually. There's actually a lot going on during that where Wario has multiple "get out of jail free" cards based on what is happening/where he is at.
Assuming we're in the middle of FD, is it a true combo?

Also, is it a true combo to grab release Wario on the Smashville platform, then jump up, d-air at the right time to land on it, then grab again?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair to grab no. I'm pretty sure the only real thing guaranteed for you guys would be either a free aerial or maybe if you were consistent enough, platform cancel an aerial so that you land on it with no lag from below and then try to grab. Still not sure if that would work, but 20+ frames is a lot to work with so that looks feasible.

If you are in the middle of FD, get grabbed, footstool, etc. You can DI the footstool and if necessary SDI the attacks to where Shiek cannot infinite you. Like from the center, you can move Wario all the way to either edge in like, 2-3 grabs. If you try Needles, you can reach it even faster.

Basically from the center, the most damage you can do if Wario is really doing what he needs to is like 20-25% or less or so. Basically, it's easier and probably worth it more to try and grab release Usmash for that damage instead of being forced to play a complicated Tech Chase that doesn't guarantee you anything or much assuming you have ideal conditions (center of the stage to start with).

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dair to grab no. I'm pretty sure the only real thing guaranteed for you guys would be either a free aerial or maybe if you were consistent enough, platform cancel an aerial so that you land on it with no lag from below and then try to grab. Still not sure if that would work, but 20+ frames is a lot to work with so that looks feasible.
That's what I meant...
Also, is it a true combo to grab release Wario on the Smashville platform, then jump up, d-air at the right time to land on it, then grab again?
Using d-air to platform cancel, not to hit Wario with. >.>

But I do see what you're saying about everything else. ;/

Top Bottom