• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Judo777

Smash Master
great versus MK.

Battlefield is my favorite because of the plats and how well sheik naturally works with plats at that height. but Versus MK that stage is much less viable, his short hop down air all but destroys our pressure game when is is up there.

FD and SV are good in general because they can't plat camp needles and you can full hop needles pretty much anytime you want.
Grab release on MK (and the rest of the cast, remember you an GRdacus everyone if you trick them into jump release) is much much easier to get off
Just cause they air release doesnt mean u can DACUS them alot of the cast just release to high to get hit. Ness is a great example.

Also my favorite cp against mks is Castle siege every section of that stage is pretty good for sheik. The first section the plats allow for chain camping and its alot like BF in some ways. Second section stay on the bottom level and if u grab mk its a GR infinite for a stock and the third section is FD with a hump. The hump can screw u up but generally its good. if they ban that i go FD. and in a 3 for 5 game i also go halberd cause its not a great mk stage and we kill alot easier there. ftilt upsmash at like 70 kills. and on the actual ship you have more than enough space with a perfect tipper platform.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Judo I need you to remind me that we can GR>death MK on walk offs once a week ok? xD

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Just cause they air release doesnt mean u can DACUS them alot of the cast just release to high to get hit. Ness is a great example.

Also my favorite cp against mks is Castle siege every section of that stage is pretty good for sheik. The first section the plats allow for chain camping and its alot like BF in some ways. Second section stay on the bottom level and if u grab mk its a GR infinite for a stock and the third section is FD with a hump. The hump can screw u up but generally its good. if they ban that i go FD. and in a 3 for 5 game i also go halberd cause its not a great mk stage and we kill alot easier there. ftilt upsmash at like 70 kills. and on the actual ship you have more than enough space with a perfect tipper platform.
Mad smart.... I'm going to take all mks here from now on.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
K I have CS for MK in case FD is banned........now someone needs to give me a counterpick for Snake.......any ideas anyone?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island are ones i personally don't like fighting on with Snake.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
no MK is going to let you grabs them to walk off more than once on CS. it just won't happen too many plats and such. (which is abother reason why I'm not too fond of BF in the MK match up)

I like Defino, it is easier to get grabs on this stage I think.

Judo777

Smash Master
no MK is going to let you grabs them to walk off more than once on CS. it just won't happen too many plats and such. (which is abother reason why I'm not too fond of BF in the MK match up)

I like Defino, it is easier to get grabs on this stage I think.
Really i think Delfino is one of mks best stages to cp us imo. The ability to hit from under stage prevents all usage of the chain. te stage transforms alot allowing its to mess up some of our grab shennanigans and the transformations also force us to take to the air alot. Just my opinion tho.

And actually last tourney i played 5 mks and got all but 1 with grab release walk off and castle siege the only one i didnt was Kel (good MW mk that beat lain at the last tourney) who i was playing for the second time. the first set i did get him tho and he was trying to avoid it the whole match. Even if u dont get it its a great advantage to make mks fear a grab.

Btw that was a sucky tourney experience I played 1 toonlink and 5 mks and 5 lucarios i was pretty pissed lol.

Oh yea 1 more thing if mk wont follow you down to the floor on 2nd phase of castle siege use that time to stale ur ftilt on the pillars now ftilt upsmash combos at like 120 (not exact numbers for sure)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Speaking of MK...

I'm obsessing over FF XIII right now. Someone please put me in a cryogenic frozen state until March 8th?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Speaking of MK...

I'm obsessing over FF XIII right now. Someone please put me in a cryogenic frozen state until March 8th?
I almost hate to break this to you but my friend got the Japanese copy a couple weeks after it's release and from what I've seen and played myself it's combat system is by far the worst out of any final fantasy game.

Reason number 1: Unlike all the other FF you only control one person out of your party of three.
Reason number 2: Since you can only control one character if that character ever get's KO you automatically lose
Reason number 3: The game runs on a very harsh class system, as you advance your characters can learn more classes which in mid fight you can decide who's who at any given time but you will never reach a point like Yuna being able to hit 9999's.
Reason number 3: You have the mix blessing of your allies and your character knowing what exactly every enemy is strong and weak against. You don't need to scan, there's no point they do the correct moves by themselves.
Reason number 4: Getting around the options to use select attacks take time and there's no short cut keys. There's a visible start up on the switch of menus (like a 1/3 a second)
Reason number 5: There's a fricken auto run button, which surprising works really well. It works SO well that on a lot of fights even bosses you can beat them with very little thinking and even faster just by using this.
Reason number 6: For a good number of hours(at least 20) you cannot choice who you control thus the game forcing you to play classes with low hit point characters
Reason number 7: Although there is a fancy sphere like leveling system it's completely dumb down, I honestly don't understand why they didn't just make it all one straight line.
Reason number 8: There's no MP, thus making fights that last a long time pretty **** pointless. There's a bunch of fights that seem to drag on and since of number 3 and 5 you just sit there hitting "X" until you win.
Reason number 9: Not really a huge flaw but odd they would do this now, level growing is more time consuming then previous FF's.

The game is amazingly pretty and the story line is ...well my friend isn't a master in the Japanese language so I can't say much about that but from what I hear it's not bad. We have reached the end and there is extra content but.... the fighting system is just not good.
11/10 for Graphics
5+/10 for Story line
1/10 for combat

I wouldn't waste your money on it, rent it. It's not a game but a movie that makes you press forward and hit X a lot.
Edit: This is coming from a guy who loved MGS2 for it's long cut scenes

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I almost hate to break this to you but my friend got the Japanese copy a couple weeks after it's release and from what I've seen and played myself it's combat system is by far the worst out of any final fantasy game.

Reason number 1: Unlike all the other FF you only control one person out of your party of three.
Reason number 2: Since you can only control one character if that character ever get's KO you automatically lose
Reason number 3: The game runs on a very harsh class system, as you advance your characters can learn more classes which in mid fight you can decide who's who at any given time but you will never reach a point like Yuna being able to hit 9999's.
Reason number 3: You have the mix blessing of your allies and your character knowing what exactly every enemy is strong and weak against. You don't need to scan, there's no point they do the correct moves by themselves.
Reason number 4: Getting around the options to use select attacks take time and there's no short cut keys. There's a visible start up on the switch of menus (like a 1/3 a second)
Reason number 5: There's a fricken auto run button, which surprising works really well. It works SO well that on a lot of fights even bosses you can beat them with very little thinking and even faster just by using this.
Reason number 6: For a good number of hours(at least 20) you cannot choice who you control thus the game forcing you to play classes with low hit point characters
Reason number 7: Although there is a fancy sphere like leveling system it's completely dumb down, I honestly don't understand why they didn't just make it all one straight line.
Reason number 8: There's no MP, thus making fights that last a long time pretty **** pointless. There's a bunch of fights that seem to drag on and since of number 3 and 5 you just sit there hitting "X" until you win.
Reason number 9: Not really a huge flaw but odd they would do this now, level growing is more time consuming then previous FF's.

The game is amazingly pretty and the story line is ...well my friend isn't a master in the Japanese language so I can't say much about that but from what I hear it's not bad. We have reached the end and there is extra content but.... the fighting system is just not good.
11/10 for Graphics
5+/10 for Story line
1/10 for combat

I wouldn't waste your money on it, rent it. It's not a game but a movie that makes you press forward and hit X a lot.
Edit: This is coming from a guy who loved MGS2 for it's long cut scenes

You suffer from the same dilemma most people who learned of the more apparent details do. The combat system is much deeper than what it seems I assure you. Putting the graphics and story aside, I would very easily give the battle system at least a 9/10 for this one.

Hit me up on AIM though if you wanna further discuss it.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'll be wearing a bright yellow hoody for anyone who wants to meet me tomorrow at pound. You can't miss it, it's like a construction hoody almost lol

I go by Red8 for anyone who didn't know by the way

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The upside-down crotch-flash. Cuz screw mystery gender debates, Sheik will flash it right there for you.
i know this is from three hundred and four years ago. but i just wanted to say i'm sigging it.

continue with whatever you are currently talking about...

iLight

Smash Lord
so turns out i won't be going to whobo because my girlfriend is coming down to visit me that weekend and i'd prefer to be doing stuff with her.. alone.. probably lol

oh wells =/

i will however be going to whatever other tournaments are going down this month in texas to get those last placings for the pr i suppose

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey Light you going to beat or wat? If not then go to wHOBO and stop being a *****......otherwise I would stay home too lmao.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hi Sheik's

Zelda main here wanting to learn more about the faster half of the Triforce of Wisdom.

I have two vids of me playing so I'm just waiting for them to come up.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Sheik boards then GreyFox. You can start by checking all the stickies for some basic, and if you learn in any way similarly to me you can head over to the Video thread and see some Sheik mains in action.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I was actually looking through most of them and found them really neat and clean...compared to the Zelda boards. -_-

I'll do some more digging around and see what I can come up with.

iLight

Smash Lord
Hey Light you going to beat or wat? If not then go to wHOBO and stop being a *****......otherwise I would stay home too lmao.
she lives in new york and that will be the first time i see her in 5 months so yehhh i don't think i'll be spending time at a video game tournament though i know she'd go if i asked

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Melee be too fun Chok. Feels so good to play it after a long time with brawl. I just go Falcon and knee the crap out of everyone.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
samus for awesome
pichu for fun(fun ****** people cuz they don't even know pichu has hitboxes).
falco for easy.

iLight

Smash Lord
so yeah, i may actually go to whobo now because i realized that i'm ******** and that she comes in on sunday not saturday, so it really just depends on whether or not i have money

also <3 we should MM pichu vs falco

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
most definitely. I do work on spacies... cuz I can infinite them...

I unfortunately am unsure if I can go to WHOBO... now with this new situation at work... it's gonna be interesting.

Random pichu facts:
Pichu kills as early as fox
Pichu has the fastest L cancel in the game (no ties)
Pichu ***** pretty much every high teir recovery spare sheik and peach
Pichu has complete invulnerability on opening frames of dsmash

pichu is a beast but no one played her so no one knows... She has what 5/6 moves that hurt her? I'll actually train up my pich uback to beast status just incase I can afford WHOBO.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey New York City Sheiks my Mom is currently bending my arm behind my back to go visit her up in up state New York and since the drive is roughly 12 hours (gotta dodge that NJ) I was wonder if anyone could house me for a night.

edit: I wouldn't be asking if the date I'm leaving wasn't fairly flexible

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I cut you some slack the first time you posted that here but come on, man.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So i'm apparently going to a tournament tomorrow.
planning on going all sheik (or mostly) in singles.
may fail it pretty hard though.
i have like no matchup experience with sheik, except for snake and diddy...

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Hey New York City Sheiks my Mom is currently bending my arm behind my back to go visit her up in up state New York and since the drive is roughly 12 hours (gotta dodge that NJ) I was wonder if anyone could house me for a night.

edit: I wouldn't be asking if the date I'm leaving wasn't fairly flexible
I could let you stay in my room at my school, but that's in long island and its like 1-2 hours away from the city (depends on when you come really). This offer could only apply as of monday though.
So i'm apparently going to a tournament tomorrow.
planning on going all sheik (or mostly) in singles.
may fail it pretty hard though.
i have like no matchup experience with sheik, except for snake and diddy...
So get that match up experience at the tourney. Play mad friendlies, etc and **** next time. =)

Top Bottom