• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've been toying around with focusing on getting the ftilt decayed properly for a usmash KO ender and transforming against characters with less mobility/disjoint (like not Meta Knight) if that plan falls through (e.g. I get KO'd and they're beyond any sort of ftilt combo %).

Haven't really gotten to test it much, though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think that's a very good idea if you trust your Zelda enough for that. If Someone was to master Sheik and Zelda I would think that would be the best possible plan. Something to consider though when you switch to Zelda is that if they reach 150% and they are still not dead you might as well switch back to Sheik when given the chance.

Fresh Sheik at 150% isn't something to fool around with and her options are much safer.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah me and virg were playing around with that transform refresh. switching just to get sheiks moves frash, fresh fair has really good knock back, fresh uair fresh nair and dsmash (for those who use it a lot)... good stuff.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Don't get me started on Sheiks turning into Zelda (especially if their Zelda isn't competent). All too many times have I seen a Sheik transform and get smashed because all they are trying to get is an Usmash.

Yes, USmash is D*** good but if that's all that your going for to kill, it'll be easy to avoid. If you want to be able to kill with Zelda, you need to actually put in the time to learn everything about Zelda. Once you do that, you need to learn how to close in on someone and let everything be as if they were at 0%. If all you want is the kill, 9/10 times you will get punished. Zelda has at least 6 other moves that will kill other than Usmash; put them to use. That is all.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've seen others; you're not the only one lol. I'm still sorry for not teaching ya Zelda yet but I have been passing off the knowledge to ya and you've seen mine in top action with Razer, Ally and peeps like them. IT is nice when you have both Zelda and Sheik.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think I'm getting zelda now... I watch virg a lot but I never understood how his did well, or how yours did well. Then I suddenly understood what I was doing wrong I still could use some teaching though.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda glad I mained as Zelda before I switched over to Shiek. I NEVER switch back to zelda, but good to know if I need her again I have some knowledge in using her.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'm kinda glad I mained as Zelda before I switched over to Shiek. I NEVER switch back to zelda, but good to know if I need her again I have some knowledge in using her.
I did the same. I also thought the same why you are thinking right now.

I was wrong.

Judo777

Smash Master
Zelda is my secondary. I always said why wouldnt u learn zelda she covers sheiks 3 worst matchups fairly well. Just make sure u know how to use her. Its also nice because if you know how to use zelda its alot harder to cp me. There is a guy i know who knows how to play MK and IC's hed always ask who i was gonna use first and said he would go IC's if i said sheik so i requested a double blind and picked zelda first. If he went IC's i was ready to play if he pick mk i transform and take 15% sounds like a good plan to me. He went MK so i switched and won the match.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I main Zeik (Shelda sounds gay =P). The only reason I ever decided to main sheik was based on the idea that they had no bad match ups between them (mk still doesn't count) and that they, together, were a high tier character. Then zelda decided to suck....

Guys, I got Dazzle! =D It'll let me put up vids so expect a couple of my vids soon and if any of you guys have replays you want to be put up you can send them to me.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This weekend I'll try to get some matches of my Sheik recorded. If so, I'll send some to you. :D

-dMT-

Smash Lord
instead of switching to zelda at all, i just build damage as fast as possible until something kills
This is true. After getting my *** handed to me just for switching to Zelda, despite having even mained Zelda in the past and almost exclusively in dubs tournaments, I looked for ways to build damage more at high percent until something kills. That, and I worked on my gimp game. I have gimped MKs and GWs with Sheik because of it.

I main Zeik (Shelda sounds gay =P). The only reason I ever decided to main sheik was based on the idea that they had no bad match ups between them (mk still doesn't count).
GW. Owns them both.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Sheik all the way vs Snake. If played right Sheik should be dealing about 2-3x as much damage as Snake is anyway.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol Ohio... June....

Check my sig for an earlier tournament where we should gather and throw needles toothpicks

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
How bout the sheik mains win tournies in their regions so they can pay for flights to nationals? =D

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Why did I think of that... I'll just start winning now.

I'm trying to make Smashvillie my main CP since everyone bans FD

-Mars-

Smash Hero
How bout the sheik mains win tournies in their regions so they can pay for flights to nationals? =D
Working on it.

That sounds a little more ideal.

FL is harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd
hahahahahah sux for you.

Why did I think of that... I'll just start winning now.

I'm trying to make Smashvillie my main CP since everyone bans FD
SV and FD aren't good Sheik stages imo:(

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
great versus MK.

Battlefield is my favorite because of the plats and how well sheik naturally works with plats at that height. but Versus MK that stage is much less viable, his short hop down air all but destroys our pressure game when is is up there.

FD and SV are good in general because they can't plat camp needles and you can full hop needles pretty much anytime you want.
Grab release on MK (and the rest of the cast, remember you an GRdacus everyone if you trick them into jump release) is much much easier to get off

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
NJ/NY is hardest! So no johns!

How do you trick someone into a jump release? I thought it was based on height.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
if they hit jump while you are holding them they will jump release. most people hit jump when trying to mash out. And since we are sheiks we punish mistakes like that if they come up just like any other.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
FD is great vs. MK but the chance of you getting to actually play there is pretty slim unless the opposing MK has no respect for your skill with Sheik.

BF allows Sheik to have more mixup options on her recovery, which is more important imo than her needle game. You can still GR DACUS on most of the stage.

You can also do lots of cute tricksies with platforms with sheik that add to her game imo.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah thats why I'm going SV versus MK, the plats aren't going to offer enough protection in that match up. and short hop (or even full hop) down air just wrecks.

OH!! battlefield versus GaW usmash beast his dsmash is he does it on one of those plats and you are below it. you can also duck under it. that isn't true for mk's dair :(

EDIT:
you can duck it but not usmash it.

Top Bottom