• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ahh. The trouble is that it still reads Gamecube games. Would one of those silly CD lens cleaners work at all?
No trouble that I see.
Wii disc's= harder to read

When mine broke it just couldn't read brawl.

I tried a disc cleaner and it didn't work.
Just send it in. It should only take a week or so (shouldn't be over 2 weeks).
Mine took 5 days I think.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Good s*** <3, wish I could've been there to make top 10 with ya.

Btw, was there a Zelda/Sheik player named Ochobobo there? We can teach him some stuff and add another Sheik and Zelda to the corps.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
right? I think I met him. He was really soft spoken but after that first convo he just vanished!

um....... I'ma try and get to a zero ping next time central FL comes down.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
right? I think I met him. He was really soft spoken but after that first convo he just vanished!

um....... I'ma try and get to a zero ping next time central FL comes down.
Ahh, yeah I came with 3 friends of mine from college, and they were all pretty disappointed at having been knocked out of the tournament so early on, so we did leave shortly after that. I would have loved to see the last few matches, though, but they were all too discouraged after losing, lol Plus it was a 2 hour drive back home.

But we're all practicing a lot more now afterward, so we should hopefully do a lot better next month.

Also, I'd be happy to join the Zelda/Sheik corps! Let me know when my training begins.

And yeah I am pretty soft-spoken, lolol. Nice meeting you!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good **** ochobobo but in the future try to convince your friends to stay till the end so you all can get in as many friendlies as possible. When you play against the same people over and over again you will begin to get use to their habits which is a good thing against them, but against others you might assume they will do something else and be caught off guard when they do something completely different.

saviorslegacy

How to Chain Cancel

I think I figured out what had happened.

I talked to Nic and he said that I was using jabs to pressure him at the edge.
So I believe I jacked a jab, was chain locking normally, he accidentally used Nair, broke the chain and at that same instant I inputted Dash Attack.

saviorslegacy

oh well... =]
lol, I should have made a video showing some crazy *** way to perform it and show a jab chain jack (it looks exactly like a normal chain) and have it canceled.
Then I could laugh at all of the "I still can't get the timing of this thing". lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I second jiggs, lol.

did you know the flower increases the damage of rest and the hat increases the knockback?

iLight

Smash Lord
^^ i don't know if your joking or not, b/c they would totally do something dumb like that

they should have given sheik the ability of doing double damage when attacking from behind b/c she's a ninja

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
i haven't kept up with the meta for a while. (i'm almost afraid to ask) has sheik's meta progressed at all in the past 4 months? And have ppl started incorporating ftilt ->usmash consistently?

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i haven't kept up with the meta for a while. (i'm almost afraid to ask) has sheik's meta progressed at all in the past 4 months? And have ppl started incorporating ftilt ->usmash consistently?
I would say so, we have milked as much as possible out of f-tilt and even have all the data and whatnot.
and iirc 4 months ago, some people still weren't using vanish and chain to its full potential

saviorslegacy

Yes, Sheik's meta game is still growing. I should know..... <,<
There are many possibilities showing up and I work on her meta game every week end.
As of right now, it will take me till about February to get everything out.
Thing is... stuff keeps popping up.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Kinda, I took a break from smash to focus on life stuff and well...I stop organizing the data. To my knowledge a few of the better sheik players are now starting to studying the data but as of yet the norm of sheik users don't use it. Everyone recognize it's useful though but for the most part think it’s too hard to use as far as the meta game goes we have had some progress but not a ton. We are though starting to recycle ideas since a lot of the other field of sheiks has been charted out which overall will make sheik better.

I would say so, we have milked as much as possible out of f-tilt and even have all the data and whatnot.
and iirc 4 months ago, some people still weren't using vanish and chain to its full potential
I have not posted all the data needed to milk the Ftilt for everything it's worth nor do I process it since it would require Fair, Nair Dtilt, and maybe Utilt data.

Hey guys, just randomly dropping in to say hello since I'm visiting smashboards again (not that any of you know who I am).
Us regulators remember you snipes. :3

iLight

Smash Lord
well the only reason why i would see that working is especially if you space the fair well, they would probably sheild it or you would wiff them while still being close and then your f-smash comes out which is good for punishing after they spot dodge or shield for just an instant

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's better to learn to dacus with an easier character first.
like falco or snake, and then try it with sheik.
also changing one of your shield buttons to attack helps too.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
I used to dacus with z as attack, but i've been trying the claw and i think i can do it more consistantly

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
claw method is uncomfortable and extremely inconvenient for me... D:

Top Bottom