• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

clowsui

Smash Legend
ya saviors the punishment thing being different is a large difference and something you'll have to fix before you become successful at tournies

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Agreed. Once people know that dacus is coming, it can be punished really hard. Afro simply does a pivot grab with snake and it beats dacus. Grabs Can be very bad

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
ya saviors the punishment thing being different is a large difference and something you'll have to fix before you become successful at tournies
I'm workin on it....
When I said we play similar I was talking about what moves we use in what situations.
that's why usually i use dacus when they are jumping, falling, or as a punish after they attack
Or as a combo.
I made a list in the Diary showing each DACUS combo.

DACUSing to combo is really awesome and effective. The only fall is decay.
However, on people that you can't GR> DACUS I am starting to think it is a good tool to use often.
When you master f-tilt> USmash then you should mix the two together.

Here are my notes in the Diary:

DACUS

Ledge wake> DACUS
Grab Release> DACUS
Nair second stage> DACUS (high percents)
Nair> DACUS (low percents)
Bair> DACUS (mid percents)
Fair> DACUS (highish percents)
Needle’s> DACUS
Use this as a terror tool. Hopefully they start shielding more so you can get a bust.
DACUS> f-tilt (0 percent or close to it)
B-Throw> DACUS (very low percents)
u-tilt> DACUS (depends on the character, same as B-Throw> DACUS, it is more effective on fast fallers)
DACUS is great for surprises. Try and use it to punish a SH.
Don’t do it too much though cuz you will get punished.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You can also dacus people who hang off the ledge, you be surprise how often that works but it's character dependent. I was taking notes on it just a couple days ago to tell you the truth but the guy thread that outline hanging height I found was wrong on a couple and didn't feel the need to test the remaining characters.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Character dependent moves or hits are usually the ones too hard or unesscary.
I disagree, learning all the in and outs of what your character can and cannot do to another not only give yours more options it also mean it can take away your opponents.

I mean the chain is amazing against Ganandorf but **** against Marth with his frame 1 starting up B.

edit: I just really took notice of the word "usually" which if I notice sonner I would of responded. Yeah... you wont be landing this every match but every little bit helps.

Sudai

Stuff here
lol sudai your amazing, i <3 fighting you
<3 You better be in Dallas next time I go. I'm gonna be there like once a month. :]

You can also dacus people who hang off the ledge, you be surprise how often that works but it's character dependent. I was taking notes on it just a couple days ago to tell you the truth but the guy thread that outline hanging height I found was wrong on a couple and didn't feel the need to test the remaining characters.
Light actually hit me with a charged USmash while I was coming up on him with ROB's UAir. Pretty sure it was Halberd and I was coming up, not 100% on that, but it was a definite WTF moment for me because ROB's UAir is pretty awesome. :[

saviorslegacy

Cool info....
I might take a break from chain study and lok into this.
After the DACUS punishment though.
Character dependent moves or hits are usually the ones too hard or unesscary.
GR> DACUS if freaking useful and character dependent
I disagree, learning all the in and outs of what your character can and cannot do to another not only give yours more options it also mean it can take away your opponents.

I mean the chain is amazing against Ganandorf but **** against Marth with his frame 1 starting up B.

edit: I just really took notice of the word "usually" which if I notice sonner I would of responded. Yeah... you wont be landing this every match but every little bit helps.
Chain= hits every 2 frames and has 3 frames of stun
It is good against Marth, it is just the player sucks.
Como estas?
No muy bien.
?Que pasa?

Actually the e is supposed to have accent but my CPU isn't Spanish. lol

The auction will be starting soon. Please read the below for more details.

I have recently obtained information on Tristan_Win's home. I will be selling the address to the highest bidder so that you may do bad things to him.

Bidding starts at:

So place your bet and may the best online predator win!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Cool info....
I might take a break from chain study and lok into this.
After the DACUS punishment though.

GR> DACUS if freaking useful and character dependent

Chain= hits every 2 frames and has 3 frames of stun
It is good against Marth, it is just the player sucks.

No muy bien.
?Que pasa?

Actually the e is supposed to have accent but my CPU isn't Spanish. lol

The auction will be starting soon. Please read the below for more details.

I have recently obtained information on Tristan_Win's home. I will be selling the address to the highest bidder so that you may do bad things to him.

Bidding starts at:

So place your bet and may the best online predator win!
ha, area code isn't a address. There's has to be more then 200 homes around here in this dead zone of smash.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
GR>DACUS is the only thing that keeps me sane when fighting MK and is why I hate BF vs MK since he can essentially SL you to death if you attempt this

saviorslegacy

ha, area code isn't a address. There's has to be more then 200 homes around here in this dead zone of smash.
shhhhhh... you are gonna mess up my auction!
GR>DACUS is the only thing that keeps me sane when fighting MK and is why I hate BF vs MK since he can essentially SL you to death if you attempt this
Wait, my name was used as a verb. How so?

Meh, I have tried to fight MK's. I have fought a few good one's.
The important things to remember are these:

#1 save DACUS for GR
#2 chain him often
#3 chain and Needle's beat Nado. I'm not sure but I believe Bair does to (since it has such great range).
#4 Bair a lot. You need to try and out space him
#5 Needle as much as you can without getting punished
#6 never go off stage vs him. Stay back away from the ledge. Also try to SDI into the upper corner so you can Dair to recover.
#7 never start out using f-tilt against MK. Always follow up with f-tilt from Fair/Bair/weak Nair
#8 jab when up close

That is all I can think of right now.
I personally think the match up is in our favor.
The only problem is being gimped.

:EDIT:
LMAO!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkYZ6rbPU2M&NR=1

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
woo this means i'm right in thinking i'm horrible at smash!

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Right now to me it always seems NEO complains lol but my Sheik is still sucking atm nonetheless so I need to do a rethink of my playstyle or maybe my mindset is over my own ablitity with Sheik or Im losing to wifi players

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i tend to play sheik just fine on wifi

a little more jab spamming, a little less aggressive, more roll needles (not that i dont roll needle irl ♥)

the strategy is slightly different but i think sheik does ok on wifi

its not TOTALLY different, but yes sheik is definitely better offline

(im sure u guys might think most characters WOULD be, but seriously wifi does enhance some characters like lucario, snake, olimar)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
All of you need to start using grab release > needles more.

At least, until your opponent learns how to avoid it.

/It keeps me sane in the MK matchup

16% > whatever % I get from a throw I can't follow up on MK

saviorslegacy

All of you need to start using grab release > needles more.

At least, until your opponent learns how to avoid it.

/It keeps me sane in the MK matchup

16% > whatever % I get from a throw I can't follow up on MK
GR> Needle's is not legit on many people.
Only on people that we can air GR> regrab on.

When it comes to MK though, I agree 100%.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
k back just got 9th at gigs. lost to HRnut (he got second) and MK18 (he got 7th-5th?)

so yeah 9th out of 49 or 59 or something. no buys, lol. I'm a beast!

saviorslegacy

Good goin <3

I have a secret weapon at my first tourney. I personal glitch. :)
(What you don't know wont kill ya.)

gm jack

Smash Lord
Nice. I was hoping to have a chance at the next london ranbat, but my Wii is currently failing to read any Wii games. Just have to really hope I don't draw the IC player again for my first match, or hope he has no G&W experience at all.

saviorslegacy

Nice. I was hoping to have a chance at the next london ranbat, but my Wii is currently failing to read any Wii games. Just have to really hope I don't draw the IC player again for my first match, or hope he has no G&W experience at all.
That happened to me.
Call Nintendo and they'll fix it for free.

Basically your lens has gotten dust on it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ooo... I beat our 6th ranked power ranker on live stream. good thing you guys were watching huh? He lthree stocked me afterwards in friendlies, lol. Chaz is too good gotta get more consistent anxd stop killing myself.

saviorslegacy

Ooo... I beat our 6th ranked power ranker on live stream. good thing you guys were watching huh? He lthree stocked me afterwards in friendlies, lol. Chaz is too good gotta get more consistent anxd stop killing myself.
Wait, how do you kill yourself with Sheik?

Top Bottom