• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Claw= one limb of a Raptor (I mean the Dinosaur one.....) <,< >,>
Last time I checked god made me with hands... not claws. So I go with the cool people version and alter my controls.

I dislike Halo. I only play SSBB. I sometimes play Oblivion though. I'm thinking about getting Fallout 3 though....

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys. After using Zelda for a while, I've decided that it would be worthwhile for me to learn to use Sheik as well. After all, it's two movesets in one; why not abuse that?

So yeah, hi to you all. I'm going to go to the stickies to expand my knowledge beyond FTilt x 8 > USmash and aerial edgeguarding.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Its a Jewish holiday today Tristan :p my whole county is off today GET ***** VIRGINIA
...**** it.

Hey guys. After using Zelda for a while, I've decided that it would be worthwhile for me to learn to use Sheik as well. After all, it's two movesets in one; why not abuse that?

So yeah, hi to you all. I'm going to go to the stickies to expand my knowledge beyond FTilt x 8 > USmash and aerial edgeguarding.
and good stuff but what do you mean "beyond Ftilt x 8 > USmash" ?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
...**** it.

and good stuff but what do you mean "beyond Ftilt x 8 > USmash" ?
As in, my Sheik knowledge is very limited. Here's basically what I know:

- FTilt is one of her best moves.
- Staled Ftilt > USmash is a good kill set-up.
- The Chain is better than it looks
- Needles for camping
- Fair to gimp

That's about it.

saviorslegacy

removed for potentially offensive content
saw that coming
AT least he was nice enough to not give me infractions.
As in, my Sheik knowledge is very limited. Here's basically what I know:

- FTilt is one of her best moves.
- Staled Ftilt > USmash is a good kill set-up.
- The Chain is better than it looks
- Needles for camping
- Fair to gimp

That's about it.
f-tilt= one of the best moves in the game
No other move can give you 80 - 20 match ups, combo into a ton of things (enough to make you picky in a game such as SSBB), combo's into USmash for a low percent kill and has decent range.

Hey, I like your opinion on the chain.
Just out of curiosity... why do you think that?

Hey, another awesome Sheik thing. Needle Camping is awesomeness.

Uhhhhhh.... Fair= one of many

Read my Catalog thread. After that go down to retro and read some of those threads. Then read SinkingHighers guide. After that read the more recent one called Project: Know it All.
Then watch some of the vids in the video archive (probably by Light, Neo and Armada).
After that you should be up to speed with Sheik.

saviorslegacy

focus on not getting into a habit of rolling with sheik =]
OMG YES!
This was my WORST bad habit.

Rolling= movement that is easy to read and can be punished easily most of the time

I only roll when I approach and want to quickly retreat in hopes they make a mistake.
Even then you don't want to spam it because they can still counter that.

saviorslegacy

lol wow, you roll to approach, that just sounds like a terrible idea
no....

dash right, they begin something that you have a very good idea what it is, you roll left faking them out, you BW> f-tilt/Needle's/Chain/DACUS/DA/Bair/Fair/Nair/(maybe even Uair)
Her back roll is pretty fast.

Like I said, bad idea to abuse it. They'll figure it out and punish. I guarantee it.
Other than that... not a bad mix up.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
whats BW?

also rolling is bad. running/walking is better nine times out of ten. rolling doesn't freak experienced players out; it just sets you up for punishment whether you use it sparingly or not.

clowsui

Smash Legend
boost walk*

rolling is garbage with near every character save like....falco and ddd who have absurdly good rolls (falco both directions, ddd back roll since it's super easy to buffer into 9000 spotdodges)

stealth3654

Smash Lord
rolling is garbage with near every character save like....falco and ddd who have absurdly good rolls (falco both directions, ddd back roll since it's super easy to buffer into 9000 spotdodges)
Ugghh.... Lucario's back roll = teleport.

saviorslegacy

Sheiks back roll is like instant.
Her forward roll is the crappy one.....

I'm working on replacing my whole ground spacing game with BW, Needle Dash Cancels and Small Pivot> Needle Cancel.

ps I just got my Wii back.... in time for my CPU to break.
So I'll be very unactive due to me hating the Wii's web browser.......

Charoo

Smash Champion
up smash betrayed me last sunday vs sk92 =(

cost me the set

both part somehow connects so it got decay and make it weak like usual. He was 120% on halberd. Oh well

Makes me think maybe in sheik ditto, smash di down and sideway (1 or 3) to get hit by the second part so it's weaker.

Why does olimar say we beat them? I use fox vs olimar but they say olimar beats fox. Any ideas? I just see us gimping but what else?

saviorslegacy

Speaking of Jiggly... I'm honing my Chain Camping skills on a puff main. He's probably gonna kill me here soon.....

@ Stealth
He was ducking to cancel all momentum and bring you to a normal standing position.
Only works on platforms.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
up smash betrayed me last sunday vs sk92 =(

cost me the set

both part somehow connects so it got decay and make it weak like usual. He was 120% on halberd. Oh well
hmm, that shouldn't be a problem if you landed the double hit. A while ago I did some testing to see killing % for the decay usmash and generally it always require that you have another 15%+ on your opponent for it to kill per decay level and the double hitting usmash does 30% of damage.

Did you manage to land another usmash that was tipper after the double hit and if so did it not kill? There’s also the possibly that you landed the first usmash way too early so that it was still survivable with DI which would continue to be survivable because of the decay.

edit: if you have a recording, or have even a general idea of what % you did the first double hitting usmash that would make this greatly easier to figure out.

edit2: even the final usmash that killed him would make this easier..that is if you killed him with a usmash.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
saw that coming
AT least he was nice enough to not give me infractions.

f-tilt= one of the best moves in the game
No other move can give you 80 - 20 match ups, combo into a ton of things (enough to make you picky in a game such as SSBB), combo's into USmash for a low percent kill and has decent range.
Yeah... I often end up spamming it up close, and that generally gets me killed... I keep forgetting that Sheik has other viable options up close.

Hey, I like your opinion on the chain.
Just out of curiosity... why do you think that?
It makes a nice surprise attack, and it's useful for stuff like punishing defensive maneouvers like spotdodges. I've also heard that it ***** Ganon...

Read my Catalog thread. After that go down to retro and read some of those threads. Then read SinkingHighers guide. After that read the more recent one called Project: Know it All.
Then watch some of the vids in the video archive (probably by Light, Neo and Armada).
After that you should be up to speed with Sheik.
Thanks. I'll do that.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hey guys, some of you may know me from the Zelda boards because that is where I primarily posted before.

Buuuuut, I decided to get better with Sheik since she's too fun to play and I think I've made some decent progress with her, so Ill be hanging around here a bit. Dual maining is fun, and I hope I can become part of the Sheik community as much as I am the Zelda O.o

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Cool zeldspazz, can you teach me zelda 1 day? :D

And on a side note, ftilt sucks compared to nair...................DISSCUSS YOU MOSTLY CONFUSED PEOPLE

Top Bottom