• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, you guys better watch out one day I may leave CEVA and come to your area to out rank you :3

edit: about that new thread I talk about...well my computer is now SO **** up by spy ware that I can't even stay online long enough for me to post it in a journal on allisbrawl before it reset it's self.

Right now I'm on my dads computer but it has none of my data U_U

Judo777

Smash Master
Where is champ from cause i think hes probably the best sheik. I hear NEO is good but i have only seen one vid and i wasn't that impressed but thats just one match.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Champ is from Cali son I love watching Champ play just because he's so innovative. My opinion of top Sheiks as of now.

1. Armada
2. Neo(just going with what i've heard on this one)
3. Light
4. Champ
5. <3
6. Ankoku
7. Scary

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Revised list because I forgot peeps

1. Armada
3. Light
4. Champ
5. <3
6.Choknater
7.Tristan Win
8. Ankoku
9. Scary

ScaryLB59 posts here every once in a while he's a solid Sheik and he tells me that he has almost beaten Seibrik and <3 told me that Scary has a good Sheik as well. In fact Scary might even be higher it's kind of hard to do a ranking syastem lol.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Champ is from Cali son I love watching Champ play just because he's so innovative. My opinion of top Sheiks as of now.

1. Armada
3. Light
4. Champ
5. <3
6. Ankoku
7. Scary
ANKOKU! lol
He can't even DACUS yet.
He even said he wasn't that good.
He should be last.
That list makes me sad.

**** my more or less force break from smash and who on is "scary"?
lol

1. Armada
3. Light
4. Champ
5. <3
6.Choknater
7.Tristan Win
8. Ankoku
9. Scary

ScaryLB59 posts here every once in a while he's a solid Sheik and he tells me that he has almost beaten Seibrik and <3 told me that Scary has a good Sheik as well. In fact Scary might even be higher it's kind of hard to do a ranking syastem lol.
Just wondering... where do I place on that list?
10th?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ankoku goes to tournaments and is still a smart player. You've never been to a tourny so I would probably put you at 10th until you get out to one and experience how much gay stuff you have to put up with;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao guys dont rank me i havent been in a tournament since genesis and i got 4th in my pool to fly (ic), z (pika), and ripple (dk)

:'C

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman

1. Armada
3. Light
4. Champ
5. <3
6.Choknater
7.Tristan Win
8. Ankoku
9. Scary

NEO himself says Im like a level below him in the Sheik metagame, but Im not gonna sice my own self up, I gotta go to a tourney and get 7th or higher (recently, Tristan got 17, and NEO got 9th in a tourney)

iLight

Smash Lord
did neo play sheik in more matches than he played marth though?

i my self have consistently placed top 7 but with metaknight not sheik, i lost at the last hobo before i wanted to, but that's to on of the only match ups i have trouble with currently, aka olimar. But i played all sheik regardless

the next HOBO i go to i'm going to be playing almost exclusively sheik, if someone goes metaknight on me, unless its dojo i'm probably going to ****ing go crazy in the ditto and win the match, but that's just me. I just find it hard to call someone top 3 sheiks in the country when they only play it in friendlies

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I got thirteenth last gigs... I plan on winning this one.

Also I can't dacus consistently either. I don't think NEO is doing it consistently either it really really isn't one of the most important aspects of sheik.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly it's just a big risk, but no one EVER expects it unless u do it repeatedly

its like praying for a critical hit at the end of a pokemon match

unless of course, u could do it 100% of the time, then its not a risk

champ says dacus can punish snakes utilt guaranteed no matter what spacing he uses lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Scary uses it pretty often and pretty successfully.

When ever I do it I get punished. And I never do it.

iLight

Smash Lord
i use it to condition people, because i can do it essentially 95% of the time on purpose. Once you condition people to expect dacus, you can punish a lot more often with dash attack. The way i use dacus a lot on people who expect it of me, is to use it as a punish for them doing laggy attacks at mid ranged. Then once they try to bait it, i just punish with dash attack instead.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
champ says dacus can punish snakes utilt guaranteed no matter what spacing he uses lol
That's some ****ing pro advice, thank you for posting that. Next time I fight a snake I'll test to see if it's true or not and your guys are starting to sound like you were when dacus first came out.

Does Dacus help sheik, yes
Does it add a new element to sheik play, yes
Does it make her better, yes
Is it worth learning, yes
Is it necessary, don't be a Aniki! It might not be 100% necessary but it does help.

iLight

Smash Lord
theres only 2 possible situations that in which i believe champ's statement

1. Sheik baits snake's u-tilt = punish with dacus
2. Sheik does a charging dacus to approach snake when she thinks he will u-tilt and dacus clinks then punishes snake (unlikely)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I just find it hard to call someone top 3 sheiks in the country when they only play it in friendlies
I agree but if someone can 2nd or even 3rd a character and can be STILL consider better then say the 4th best what exactly does that say about the personal skill of the 4th best player of that character?

I miss Ryoko, at least he mained sheik....although Neo sheik is so sexy I can't cry about it.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
did neo play sheik in more matches than he played marth though?

i my self have consistently placed top 7 but with metaknight not sheik, i lost at the last hobo before i wanted to, but that's to on of the only match ups i have trouble with currently, aka olimar. But i played all sheik regardless

the next HOBO i go to i'm going to be playing almost exclusively sheik, if someone goes metaknight on me, unless its dojo i'm probably going to ****ing go crazy in the ditto and win the match, but that's just me. I just find it hard to call someone top 3 sheiks in the country when they only play it in friendlies
In the lastest Chu's Biweekly he got 9th with Sheik alone

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
theres only 2 possible situations that in which i believe champ's statement

1. Sheik baits snake's u-tilt = punish with dacus
2. Sheik does a charging dacus to approach snake when she thinks he will u-tilt and dacus clinks then punishes snake (unlikely)
oh, he meant dacus oos after blocking snakes utilt

saviorslegacy

Ankoku goes to tournaments and is still a smart player. You've never been to a tourny so I would probably put you at 10th until you get out to one and experience how much gay stuff you have to put up with;)
Actually I have been to one tourney. I placed second.
Then again, no one there was real good either....
Wow, good shiz.

BTW... Tristan is like a DACUS God. He can do it basically when he wants to.
I am trying to improve my tech skill to where I can to.
oh, he meant dacus oos after blocking snakes utilt
Wow, even better cool shiz.

iLight

Smash Lord
heres an easy equation to answer your question savior

find out the cool down/start up of snakes u-tilt then anyone with a move of equivalent value and no moves that start up faster, this can be done to

saviorslegacy

heres an easy equation to answer your question savior

find out the cool down/start up of snakes u-tilt then anyone with a move of equivalent value and no moves that start up faster, this can be done to
Oh boy, more **** to do. -_-

I swear I have more stuff to test and gather......
*holds hand high in the air* I has dis much to do.

ps :( we don't have a Zair. It's not fair.....

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I would love to post on here more often but I am getting swamped by college and school stuff and I have to find a job. I'll find a way to get some cashflow and free time for more tourneys but I'm gonna have to lay even lower for a bit.

Thanks for putting me in the top 9 (#9, it's a start lol). Sooner or later I'll get a recording device so I can show you guys more of my Sheik since I think the only person who knows how I play is <3 (and the rest of FL lol). I'll work my way up that tentative list somehow. BTW, <3, have you fought ESAM? He is a royal pain! ROYAL PAIN!!!!!!!!!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh I forgot about Sniperworm as well he's also pretty good. I don't know why were always complaining about a lack of Sheik mains there is more than 10 tournament Sheiks in the U.S., that's quite a bit when you're talking about a mid tier character.

saviorslegacy

Light= me with less short hops and more DACUS
I also use the Chain. We also have different tricks (I Dair to recover a LOT).
You also punish more than I do.

Pretty good UnKnOwN. I Liked the first stock of that second video (vs Marth). Very very cool TBH.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
light im impressed

ok with GW both of u guys need to be more patient. i understand if its friendlies though lol. just needle more, however i am impressed that you do know a lot more of gw's openings than i do, man i want utdzac experience haha im jealous.

the sudai match im pretty impressed. i have to learn the rob matchup hahaha. my only gripe is that when ur jumping over rob u have to know ur spacing. u air dodge if ur far away, wihch is fine, but if ur jumping over him and ur in range just bair him, ur safe (unless hes on the ground, which he wasnt)

im impressed with ur dacus use haha. ahhhh i gotta master it like that :)

anyway

we move really differently, u dash/shield and use tricky short hops a lot while i just tend to walk and run around lately to space. id like to see ur style develop, its pretty cool and aggressive

iLight

Smash Lord
=] i was about to come on here and post them lol, thanks for the comments everyone, its all stuff i've been devloping for a while and i feel like i implemented it pretty well in most of the those videos.

lol the SD vs sudai is probably because it was 4 in the morning and neither of us were doing necessarily as well as we wanted

Top Bottom